* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#26881 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:37 PM

Arc of Alchemist looks like a poop tier RPG and the Switch runs a lot worse than the PS4. I want to try the game out of morbid curiosity (on the PS4), but yeah I'm not paying much for it.

#26882 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:11 PM

"For those who may need more time to order realMyst: Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art."

This is the kind of shit pissing people off, is BB carrying the game or not? YES or NO!

I think the biggest part would be the people who pre-order right away not knowing that there is a chance BB will carry it and then having them add it to the listing after the fact without allowing for cancellations.   I cared more before my GCU expired.  Now I guess it just adds on the shipping cost (and I always pay for the box).

#26883 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2377 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:18 PM

Well, as someone who recently sold his LRG Vita collection, it's not all it was cracked up to be! LOL

Yeah, I never bought any of these games for the value, as I've been down this road many times in the past, and without fail, I normally sell each collection for pretty much what I paid once I decide to sell it. Looking back at all my past collections, the Sega CD or Saturn stuff would probably be the only stuff that if I still owned, would be worth way more than what I paid. As those systems have become much more collectible over the years. 

Some of the LRG stuff I sold went for more than I had planned, while other stuff went for way less, as timing is a factor as well. It seemed like there was tons of offerings for most games, so in a few years, if less is offered, I could have probably done better. But the reverse can happen as well, you may wait longer and reprints or modding becomes a bigger factor, and even desired games today, may not be as much tomorrow. Like others have stated here many times, video games are almost never a sound investment.

Be glad you got off the Vita train.  Feels like I have been waiting for years for them to just release the last 2 freaking games.  Knowing them, when they finally do release them they will bundle them with a paper towel and charge an extra $10.

#26884 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8874 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:31 PM

"For those who may need more time to order realMyst: Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art."

This is the kind of shit pissing people off, is BB carrying the game or not? YES or NO!

now you're getting it

#26885 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7442 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:03 PM

Be glad you got off the Vita train.  Feels like I have been waiting for years for them to just release the last 2 freaking games.  Knowing them, when they finally do release them they will bundle them with a paper towel and charge an extra $10.

Well, I had actually gotten off the Vita train well before I threw in the towel with LRG, as I was buying the Play-Asia and other limited Vita offerings as well. I actually started selling off my entire collection last January of 2019, and that lasted through March of this year(everything else was gone March of 2019). LRG was just the last to go, as I wanted to see my set reach 100%, but once they offered those last few games in blind boxes, that was the end for me. That's when I knew they would hold those games until hell froze over, so long as it served some other nefarious purpose in their grand scheme of things.

#26886 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:10 PM

You guys are really missing out. That LE of Conga Master, she's a beauty.

#26887 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6402 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:00 AM

Looks like Gamestop is getting Nurse LOve Obsession on Switch.  I guess it was originally a distribution title for LRG.

https://www.gamestop...p/11101670.html

#26888 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13053 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:23 AM

Well this is a first.  Blasphemous appears to be sold out at BB in the preorder phase.  Though I'm sure more may come available on launch day and in store as well.

#26889 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:22 AM

Well this is a first. Blasphemous appears to be sold out at BB in the preorder phase. Though I'm sure more may come available on launch day and in store as well.

Same thing happened with Windjammers and one other game, if I remember correctly. Both games ended up being readily available well after launch. On a side note, Duck Game is back in stock online, although numbers in stores seems to be dwindling.

#26890 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:10 PM

I want to get rid of my loyalty tickets. The most I can get is 4 packs of stickers, which I guess my daughter wouldn't hate plastering over my garbage bins. But I'm in Canada. So I have to pay stamps to send the tickets to the USA. Then they send me "coupon codes" to redeem the 4 packs of stickers. But then do I still have to pay 14.99$ of shipping?

#26891 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:28 PM

I want to get rid of my loyalty tickets. The most I can get is 4 packs of stickers, which I guess my daughter wouldn't hate plastering over my garbage bins. But I'm in Canada. So I have to pay stamps to send the tickets to the USA. Then they send me "coupon codes" to redeem the 4 packs of stickers. But then do I still have to pay 14.99$ of shipping?

I don't remember but I would just add the stickers onto a future order. Hopefully there's something you want enough to justify it.

#26892 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:40 PM

I don't remember but I would just add the stickers onto a future order. Hopefully there's something you want enough to justify it.

yeah OK alright. I see now that if I add game(s) to my cart, the shipping remains the same. I should have thought about that.

anyway, what I really wish now is that I could email them a picture of the coupons instead of mailing them. Not just for the cost of stamps, but because of the whole situation.

#26893 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:22 PM

773b1034f2dd408a173e98ee4d3cede0.jpg

https://twitter.com/...5532639239?s=21

#26894 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3078 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

And there's this too. Going to just pass on it.

#26895 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:58 PM

Wow they finally get some good this year. All trash then out of nowhere panzer dragoon

#26896 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:12 PM

I’d probably grab a PD if they release it on PS4

#26897 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2403 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:18 PM

Nice Panzer Dragoon has "Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk." on their listing. I'll take that bet especially since it is $39.99. I'll finally be able to use GCU on an LRG game.

#26898 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7442 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:20 PM

Damn, I was hoping to have my NS Lite by the release of PD, but I guess since they stealth released it, I'll be passing for now. PD is one of my all time favorite games, so it's been great to see this get some updated graphics love. As much as I would like to own this, dealing with LRG just isn't anything that interest me currently, as when would I even see this game to play it, summers end maybe? But if LRG hadn't burned their bridge with me over those last few Vita titles, this would have been a day 1 grab.

#26899 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2548 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:26 PM

I think the biggest part would be the people who pre-order right away not knowing that there is a chance BB will carry it and then having them add it to the listing after the fact without allowing for cancellations.   I cared more before my GCU expired.  Now I guess it just adds on the shipping cost (and I always pay for the box).

Yup. I got burned that way on Vitamin Connection and Mighty Switch Force! Collection. Grr

Nice Panzer Dragoon has "Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk." on their listing. I'll take that bet especially since it is $39.99. I'll finally be able to use GCU on an LRG game.

Finally? Must mean BB finally has one you care about. I am also excited to see this!

#26900 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2403 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:46 PM

Yup. I got burned that way on Vitamin Connection and Mighty Switch Force! Collection. Grr

Finally? Must mean BB finally has one you care about. I am also excited to see this!

Well I kept preordering games and they added the Best Buy language after. I only ordered Gunvolt because I thought Best Buy was only getting the Switch version.

#26901 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

Well I kept preordering games and they added the Best Buy language after. I only ordered Gunvolt because I thought Best Buy was only getting the Switch version.

yah they only had it on the switch listing on there site the same thing kind of happen with Red Matter for the ps4 they had nothing on the site saying it was going to be sold at best buy then out of nowhere its being sold at best buy WTF

#26902 Jurai  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

Wow they finally get some good this year. All trash then out of nowhere panzer dragoon

finally get a good game and it's an open preorder cash grab once again instead of an actual limited release

#26903 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:25 PM

Definitely getting Panzer Dragoon but I hope Blade Runner will be available during this window so i can order them together.

#26904 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9728 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:36 PM

finally get a good game and it's an open preorder cash grab once again instead of an actual limited release

Who gives a you know what about limited. At least everyone who wants to will get a copy. I will likely just get it digital eventually because I feel it will be overpriced and take forever to get out the door.

#26905 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2403 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:44 PM

It being open preorder doesn't make it a cash grab. It being $39.99 makes it a cash grab. That's LRG's standard premium though.

#26906 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:06 PM

It being open preorder doesn't make it a cash grab. It being $39.99 makes it a cash grab. That's LRG's standard premium though.

panzer dragoon? I was expecting $35...

#26907 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3078 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:23 PM

Damn, I was hoping to have my NS Lite by the release of PD, but I guess since they stealth released it, I'll be passing for now. PD is one of my all time favorite games, so it's been great to see this get some updated graphics love. As much as I would like to own this, dealing with LRG just isn't anything that interest me currently, as when would I even see this game to play it, summers end maybe? But if LRG hadn't burned their bridge with me over those last few Vita titles, this would have been a day 1 grab.

I bought myself a switch lite a few days before AC came out so my kids could use my regular switch.  Got the last Gray one that the walmart I usually shop at had.   So far I'm loving it.  Given how much you loved the vita I think it'll be a good fit.  The only major negative is the sound aims more down than forward like the regular switch, but this isn't an issue if using earbuds/headphones.  I've always just used earbuds with handhelds anyway, unless grinding in an RPG or something where the sound experience isn't that important.

#26908 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:02 PM

I bought myself a switch lite a few days before AC came out so my kids could use my regular switch. Got the last Gray one that the walmart I usually shop at had. So far I'm loving it. Given how much you loved the vita I think it'll be a good fit. The only major negative is the sound aims more down than forward like the regular switch, but this isn't an issue if using earbuds/headphones. I've always just used earbuds with handhelds anyway, unless grinding in an RPG or something where the sound experience isn't that important.

I did the same. Daughter got teal but wanted coral. Too much damn paw patrol going on the “big switch. “

#26909 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:46 PM

#26910 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23072 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:35 AM

Definitely getting Panzer Dragoon but I hope Blade Runner will be available during this window so i can order them together.

I'm debating on getting the CE. I'm glad to see PD get a physical release and generally like CE's but LRG's CEs are so hit or miss for me...