* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#27061 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

The only difference is that Ms. Explosion Man has been out for quite a while, so if it was coming to BB it likely would have been listed by now.

don't know maybe it will show up at best buy some time soon. I was just posting maybe why the best buy mention was missing from the ms. splosion man listing I know it was there a few days before the January 1st sale

#27062 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:55 PM

Josh confirmed it wasn't coming to BB on twitter a while ago.

#27063 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2020 - 07:16 PM

dam would have been nice if LRG let everyone else know this 

#27064 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 03:18 PM

#27065 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1028 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 03:48 PM

I believe the Switch version includes a "switch branded slipcover" per the description on the product page. I'm pretty sure I saw Josh respond to someone on Twitter saying that the actual cover art under the slipcover is the same.

Interesting. I completely missed that Twitter post. Thanks!

#27066 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2625 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:35 PM

Hmm, what to do about Panzer Dragoon....

#27067 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20116 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 11:07 PM

I would still wait for Best Buy.

#27068 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:37 AM

I've slowed down on my LRG purchases but with Streets of Rage 4 I'm considering it. The problem is I also would like Hot Line Miami from SRG but I think I'm going to limit myself. I've played Hotline and have it for PC so I have little concern of not being able to play it (unlike a Nintendo console) but there is something to the ability to have the first physical copy of both. I don't like ordering from LRG unless they have another game I can piggy back off of but I'm not interested in Panzer or Shadowgate (which just got taken down) so it's throwing a wrench in it.

#27069 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:27 AM

I've slowed down on my LRG purchases but with Streets of Rage 4 I'm considering it. The problem is I also would like Hot Line Miami from SRG but I think I'm going to limit myself. I've played Hotline and have it for PC so I have little concern of not being able to play it (unlike a Nintendo console) but there is something to the ability to have the first physical copy of both. I don't like ordering from LRG unless they have another game I can piggy back off of but I'm not interested in Panzer or Shadowgate (which just got taken down) so it's throwing a wrench in it.

I long ago stopped buying games unless I legitimately want to play them. The collecting bit doesn't matter anymore. Interested in Streets of Rage 4 though I definitely want to see how the game scores before I drop that much on it.

#27070 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23463 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:48 PM

Hmm, what to do about Panzer Dragoon....

I'm torn on this as well... I really think it's shady that they're taking all these pre-orders which might not even be fulfilled but I also love me some Panzer Dragoon. 

#27071 Tothoro  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:55 PM

Last year I made 37 purchases at LRG and I've made 3 so far this year. My rationale:

• Nobody knows when things will ship and that's annoying (this was a problem before COVID-19, though that certainly didn't help).
  • Their focus right now is definitely the Switch and I don't collect for the Switch at all. Learned my lesson on the Vita.
  • Quality of games has gone down. I've never heard of half of the games they're publishing nowadays.
  • The VIta was a big reason I made purchases and there are no more Vita games they can sell me. I bought Papers Please and Meat Boy second-hand after the blowout sale, so I'm just waiting for whatever fullset game they offer for free when/if that happens.

I was considering buying Indigo Prophecy, which would have made four purchases. But I was going back and forth on the CE to get the steelbook. The CE sold out so now I'm probably just going to wait and buy a copy on eBay instead. I'll probably buy Shantae and Night in the Woods when those come out but nothing else that's upcoming appeals to me.

I'm torn on this as well... I really think it's shady that they're taking all these pre-orders which might not even be fulfilled but I also love me some Panzer Dragoon. 

The pre-orders will be fulfilled, LRG has never failed to actually ship something. But at this rate it may very well be 2021 before they ship. If you'd rather wait, it's extremely likely BestBuy will put up a listing closer to the actual production/ship date.

#27072 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2408 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 02:44 PM

I missed it, why wouldn't they fulfil the preorders?  I am tempted to pick up Panzer Dragoon along with Hotline Miami today.

#27073 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7573 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:03 PM

I missed it, why wouldn't they fulfil the preorders?  I am tempted to pick up Panzer Dragoon along with Hotline Miami today.

China is the world hub of almost all things produced, and for the moment, there is no idea how "production" will play out going forward. Just for an example, I'm waiting for the Replicade Dragon's Lair 1/6 scale arcade cab, which was supposed to ship in March(production was due in Feb). As of today, they have no idea when it will be produced, as there is a line forming for production, and no one has an idea how things will play out once production gets full swing again(if that ever even happens).

I'll assume like most things in life, how quick you get things produced, will depend on how much money you have to throw at the problem. So were MS, Sony, Apple and "N" will probably be able to get things done in coming months, smaller operations might as well bury their heads in the sand. As the world isn't getting back on track, just because some clueless politicians want it to. Anybody ordering this stuff during this time, should be aware of this, as none of this stuff is coming soon. Especially not CE/SE were most parts need to be made, before it can ship. Standard games are a much better gamble at this point, and even the odds for those aren't good.

#27074 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2408 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:07 PM

China is the world hub of almost all things produced, and for the moment, there is no idea how "production" will play out going forward. Just for an example, I'm waiting for the Replicade Dragon's Lair 1/6 scale arcade cab, which was supposed to ship in March(production was due in Feb). As of today, they have no idea when it will be produced, as there is a line forming for production, and no one has an idea how things will play out once production gets full swing again(if that ever even happens).

I'll assume like most things in life, how quick you get things produced, will depend on how much money you have to throw at the problem. So were MS, Sony, Apple and "N" will probably be able to get things done in coming months, smaller operations might as well bury their heads in the sand. As the world isn't getting back on track, just because some clueless politicians want it to. Anybody ordering this stuff during this time, should be aware of this, as none of this stuff is coming soon. Especially not CE/SE were most parts need to be made, before it can ship. Standard games are a much better gamble at this point, and even the odds for those aren't good.

Thanks for the info.  After reading reviews and seeing the price is $39.99 maybe I will just pass on it.  I think I will still get Hotline Miami though.

#27075 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:13 PM

Hotline Miami (Switch) - Exclusive Variant IS NOW SOLD OUT

special reserve games copies goes on sale in about 45 min

#27076 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:49 PM

Hotline Miami (Switch) - Exclusive Variant IS NOW SOLD OUT

special reserve games copies goes on sale in about 45 min

Dam missed it but got special reserve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#27077 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3936 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2020 - 04:53 AM

SRG also sold out. I think that’s 11,500 total copies sold today (4,000 for LRG and 7,500 for SRG)

#27078 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2447 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 22 April 2020 - 06:59 PM

I didn't bother ordering it because I already have a copy of it for Vita (first one) and I figured it would probably be reprinted in another region. I like the SRG set but I didn't want to drop $40 + shipping.

#27079 Equippt  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:28 PM

New patch incoming for Panzer Dragoon Remake. LRG just keeps saying they're printing the carts in mid-May with the most recent version, so if the patch isn't ready by then there's a chance that we could miss out on yet another update that significantly improves a game. I'm already waiting for Best Buy's version of this one since it was launched in a pretty shaky state and LRG insisted on opening their preorders as early as possible. Please y'all, stop rushing out these games! I really want Panzer Dragoon, but there's no point in buying a physical copy of a shooter with broken aiming controls.

Anyway, the thread below lays out some of the upcoming fixes.

#27080 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:07 PM

When I get my copy of panzer dragoon from lrg.. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to download any patches that release.. it just might be on my memory card & not the cartridge is all. So that's not gonna stop me from buying the game that isn't broken in the first place

#27081 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3936 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:21 PM

I think the comment is more about the fact the LRG originally made a point to only print physical versions after the patches were done

#27082 Equippt  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:25 PM

When I get my copy of panzer dragoon from lrg.. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to download any patches that release.. it just might be on my memory card & not the cartridge is all. So that's not gonna stop me from buying the game that isn't broken in the first place

I mean you're not wrong, it just seems like you're missing the point here. Those patches won't be available forever. Eventually the game will get delisted or the eShop itself will get shut down. Without access to them, we'll be left with a cart that has a crappy version of a game that could have been good if they'd just waited to manufacture it. Now, LRG and Sega have no reason to care about this. They don't need to worry about making a quality product, all they need to worry about is making money. It's our job to worry about getting a quality product, especially when they're charging us a premium for it.

I know that not everyone cares about this, but I wish more people would. Physical media is already on the way out, and half-assing it is only going to accelerate the process. These small print companies are in a much better position to listen to their customers than the huge AAA studios, but if we don't demand better stuff then we'll never get better stuff. Right now, Panzer Dragoon is kind of a mess. There's a full second of input lag for some actions, the lock-on doesn't work properly, the dragon is huge and bobs around so much that you can't always control when you get hit, the options are only accessible from the main menu, there are crazy loading times, performance dips, etc. Check it out on YouTube if you want to see for yourself. The good news is the team behind it has been working to fix it up, and apparently they've been doing a great job. I don't think it's too much to ask that they get to finish making their game before we're asked to shell out $40 for it.

So that's my opinion on that lol. Rant over.

#27083 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7682 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:28 PM

Yea but people threw tantrums about delays, because inevitably to make sure it is fully up-to-date you may have to wait years...

#27084 Glas   Rhythm Game Maniac CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:34 PM

PM Studios online store is back and they made a new sale featuring new reprints, overall deals and restock on rare out-of-print titles from Limited Run Games.

https://twitter.com/...401043414781959

Also all orders over $49.99 will get Cytus Alpha Limited Edition Original Soundtrack CD for free with the Coupon "FREEGIFT".

Kinda sick move they did now.

https://www.pm-studios.com/store

Edit: Price list.

Reprints/Pre-Orders: 

Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - $29.99
Ministry of Broadcast (Steelbook Edition) (Switch) - $39.99 

Deals:

Deemo (Switch) $39.99 - $19.99
Opus Collection (Switch) $39.99 - 19.99
Horizon Chase Turbo (First Print - PS4) $29.99 - $14.99
Hover (Switch) - $29.99 - $24.99
WILL: A Wonderful World Limited Edition (Plush, 120 page Artbook, etc) : $79.99 $69.99
WILL: A Wonderful World - Artbook: $29.99 - $24.99

Limited Run Games products:
Mercenaries Series Double Pack (PAX Exclusive): $69.99
Mercenaries Wings Limited Edition (PS4 - LRG) : $59.99
Mercenaries Wings Limited Edition (Switch - LRG): $59.99
Musynx First Print (Vita - LRG): $29.99
Deemo: The Last Recital (Vita - LRG): $29.99

#27085 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:37 PM

I mean you're not wrong, it just seems like you're missing the point here. Those patches won't be available forever. Eventually the game will get delisted or the eShop itself will get shut down. Without access to them, we'll be left with a cart that has a crappy version of a game that could have been good if they'd just waited to manufacture it. Now, LRG and Sega have no reason to care about this. They don't need to worry about making a quality product, all they need to worry about is making money. It's our job to worry about getting a quality product, especially when they're charging us a premium for it.

I know that not everyone cares about this, but I wish more people would. Physical media is already on the way out, and half-assing it is only going to accelerate the process. These small print companies are in a much better position to listen to their customers than the huge AAA studios, but if we don't demand better stuff then we'll never get better stuff. Right now, Panzer Dragoon is kind of a mess. There's a full second of input lag for some actions, the lock-on doesn't work properly, the dragon is huge and bobs around so much that you can't always control when you get hit, the options are only accessible from the main menu, there are crazy loading times, performance dips, etc. Check it out on YouTube if you want to see for yourself. The good news is the team behind it has been working to fix it up, and apparently they've been doing a great job. I don't think it's too much to ask that they get to finish making their game before we're asked to shell out $40 for it.

So that's my opinion on that lol. Rant over.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I haven't ordered a game from LRG since Shantae, and I was actually about to break my no-buy streak for Panzer Dragoon. If the game is currently in this state, I'll just wait for the inevitable Best Buy release (which will probably be cheaper anyway).

#27086 Equippt  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:07 PM

Yea but people threw tantrums about delays, because inevitably to make sure it is fully up-to-date you may have to wait years...

That's true, but LRG doesn't have to sell games while they're still in active development either. They knew Celeste and Skullgirls and Pixeljunk Monsters and whatever else weren't finished yet and sold them anyway.

#27087 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23463 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:14 PM

New patch incoming for Panzer Dragoon Remake. LRG just keeps saying they're printing the carts in mid-May with the most recent version, so if the patch isn't ready by then there's a chance that we could miss out on yet another update that significantly improves a game. I'm already waiting for Best Buy's version of this one since it was launched in a pretty shaky state and LRG insisted on opening their preorders as early as possible. Please y'all, stop rushing out these games! I really want Panzer Dragoon, but there's no point in buying a physical copy of a shooter with broken aiming controls.

Anyway, the thread below lays out some of the upcoming fixes.

I didn't really know about the game too much. I knew the score was low but assumed it was because it was mostly a graphical update with old mechanics (which I was ok with) but some of those improvements seem like they should have been there day one. This just sounds like a bad remake. I'm gonna pass on LRG's release. I don't really like the idea of gambling on the physical copy may or may not have the update. 

#27088 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:16 PM

Right but one of the entire ideas behind buying expensive physical copies is not relying on downloads.

#27089 Jurai  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:21 PM

I didn't really know about the game too much. I knew the score was low but assumed it was because it was mostly a graphical update with old mechanics (which I was ok with) but some of those improvements seem like they should have been there day one. This just sounds like a bad remake. I'm gonna pass on LRG's release. I don't really like the idea of gambling on the physical copy may or may not have the update. 

I could be wrong but I thought one of LRG's MOs from the start was that the physical games being produced would have all available patches in place for the sake of preserving games against digital going away

In other news, Strictly Limited is releasing Coffee Talk on PS4 and Switch

CFT-CoffeeTalk_MockUp_3D_PS4_1024x1024.p

#27090 zaorocks   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

zaorocks

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:37 PM

Somewhat random question. But do the trading cards/postcards that come with the games have any collectible value? I was cleaning out my office and discovered a dozen or so cards of games I had previously sold. Mostly early on PS4 titles(Firewatch, Oxenfree etc)