* * * - - 39 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#27271 Tothoro  

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:09 PM

Does anyone know if the Panzer Dragoon physical release will be sold by Best Buy? I haven't heard any news on it in a while.

BestBuy typically doesn't list LRG games until they're closer to shipping. Given current delays, that's anyone's guess. It's still coming though.

#27272 Equippt  

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

Well the new update for Panzer Dragoon Remake went live today, and while I haven't found any in-depth discussion about it yet, the gameplay videos out there look massively improved. Plus, the official Twitter account for the game has confirmed that the patch will be on the physical cart. So whenever that goes up on Best Buy I'll probably be grabbing a copy. Very nice to see that things worked out for the best with this one.

#27273 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:24 PM

I'll be getting the Best Buy release as well then. It's nice that it was confirmed that the update will be on the cart.

#27274 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1589 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:44 PM

Glad to know that Best Buy will get Shantae for PS4 and Switch. 

#27275 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:27 AM

Glad to know that Best Buy will get Shantae for PS4 and Switch.

Who/Where was this stated? I would like to get it at Best Buy on ps4, but thought only switch games are available at Best Buy from LRG. Rather give my money to Best Buy.

#27276 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6674 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:50 AM

LRG will still get a piece of your money even if you get it at Best Buy. They are the publisher and they should get a piece of it.

#27277 elessar123  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:19 AM

Yea, but you don't have to pay for shipping.

#27278 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13181 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:36 AM

Who/Where was this stated? I would like to get it at Best Buy on ps4, but thought only switch games are available at Best Buy from LRG. Rather give my money to Best Buy.

Its on the item description for both PS4 and Switch on the LRG website.

For those still on the lookout for it, Blasphemous is again available for shipping at the BB website (first time since release date I believe):

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6406945

#27279 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:21 PM

here you go

https://www.bestbuy....mited Run Games

and here is Stranger Things 3: The Game (its not listed with the other LRG for some reason) 

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6395589

#27280 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:57 PM

#27281 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:13 PM

SNK games will always pique my interest, but *sigh* I have multiple versions of KoF '98 already.

#27282 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:08 PM

Well the new update for Panzer Dragoon Remake went live today, and while I haven't found any in-depth discussion about it yet, the gameplay videos out there look massively improved. Plus, the official Twitter account for the game has confirmed that the patch will be on the physical cart. So whenever that goes up on Best Buy I'll probably be grabbing a copy. Very nice to see that things worked out for the best with this one.

Damn, wish this would have been confirmed beforehand, would have grabbed the CE then. But oh well, will still get the BBY release. 

Also just got an email on Shantae SS, LRG/Wayforward is milking it big time... and my dumbass is gonna buy in.

#27283 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:36 AM

I wonder if stores like BestBuy, Target and Amazon will sell Seven Sirens because last time the Half Genie Hero Collector's Edition was and that's how I got my copy for $15 at Toysrus.

#27284 Tothoro  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:03 AM

I wonder if stores like BestBuy, Target and Amazon will sell Seven Sirens because last time the Half Genie Hero Collector's Edition was and that's how I got my copy for $15 at Toysrus.

BestBuy is getting the standard. It's unlikely anyone will get the CE. Fangamer's gotten a few CEs that they helped produce, but other than that their CEs haven't been distributed elsewhere.

#27285 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:16 AM

Half Genie Hero was a regular retail release and there was no CE at retail, it was just the launch edition (1st print) that all stores got. The game later got a standard release I think. This release is from LRG so only they'll carry it but I wonder if there's anything preventing Wayforward from publishing a regular retail CE/release...?:-k 

#27286 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:51 AM

I'm down for KOF 98.

#27287 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:01 AM

Half Genie Hero was a regular retail release and there was no CE at retail,

Toysrus had the CE all the way till they closed. I went to one a few months before it closed and they had at least one more copy of Half Genie Hero CE for PS4.

#27288 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:37 PM

#27289 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:37 PM

Toysrus had the CE all the way till they closed. I went to one a few months before it closed and they had at least one more copy of Half Genie Hero CE for PS4.

You're talking about the Risky Beats Edition, which was the launch edition, i.e., every copy was a Risky Beats Edition. Not sure I'd call that a CE. 

#27290 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:19 PM

I wonder how many unsold copies of all these games they've got. I mean even assuming 200 copies of each is a lot of space when you release a game per week. Must have a helluva warehouse.

#27291 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:30 PM

Guess I'm in for shantae. Hopefully it doesn't take to long....

#27292 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

I ordered Shantae this morning thinking it'd be limited but I guess not. I was gonna get everything regardless but can anyone explain to me what they're trying to say here? 

• Mega-bundle exclusive Shantae and the Seven Sirens trading card
  • The complete set of trading cards for the games included in this bundle.
  • This bundle includes one guaranteed gold trading card from any of the included games (9 cards total including the card pack, exclusive card, and the pack-in cards)

So this bundle comes with 1 exclusive card, the complete trading card set (meaning 4x cards picture)... but then bullet point 3 is where I get confused. The bundle has one guaranteed gold card from any of the include games. So from my count, that's 6 cards- 4x regular, 1x gold, and 1x bundle exclusive card. How are they getting 9? 

#27293 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:45 PM

I ordered Shantae this morning thinking it'd be limited but I guess not. I was gonna get everything regardless but can anyone explain to me what they're trying to say here? 

• This bundle includes one guaranteed gold trading card from any of the included games (9 cards total including the card pack, exclusive card, and the pack-in cards)

So this bundle comes with 1 exclusive card, the complete trading card set (meaning 4x cards picture)... but then bullet point 3 is where I get confused. The bundle has one guaranteed gold card from any of the include games. So from my count, that's 6 cards- 4x regular, 1x gold, and 1x bundle exclusive card. How are they getting 9? 

You get

1 regular card for each copy of the game in the bundle = 4

1 bonus card = 1

4 pack of cars = 4

Total = 9  and one of the 4 regular cards will be gold

#27294 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

*sigh*

I need this.

No free shipping codes from LRG I take it?

#27295 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:08 PM

You get

1 regular card for each copy of the game in the bundle = 4

1 bonus card = 1

4 pack of cars = 4

Total = 9  and one of the 4 regular cards will be gold

Oh... well that's stupid. You're basically going to get double regular cards for 3 of the cards and then for the 4th you'll get 1 gold/1 regular? Would have been better if they just gave you 4x gold, 4x regular of the card set. 

#27296 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2415 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:36 PM

*sigh*

I need this.

No free shipping codes from LRG I take it?

Just curious, what is the appeal of these single year KOF games?  Aren't they SNES size games?  I think I already have KOF 95-98 on the PSP KOF collection.  Seems kind of like a rip off for LRG to sell each version separate when they have been released in "collections" in the past.. why not release a compilation if anything?  Again, to each their own... I am not a big fighting game fan so I am just curious about the appeal.  

#27297 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:43 PM

reading the trading card thing for shantae on LRG site made me think of this 

giphy.gif

#27298 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:55 PM

Just curious, what is the appeal of these single year KOF games?  Aren't they SNES size games?  I think I already have KOF 95-98 on the PSP KOF collection.  Seems kind of like a rip off for LRG to sell each version separate when they have been released in "collections" in the past.. why not release a compilation if anything?  Again, to each their own... I am not a big fighting game fan so I am just curious about the appeal.  

I would normally agree (setting aside the problems those collections have) but this is a drastically updated version KOF98, which isn't included in any compilation. I have to look into this a little more to see if it's a port with online play or just the ps2 version re-released.

Either way, I really loved this game on Xbox 360 and ps2 and wouldn't mind paying to have disc copy on ps4.

#27299 Tothoro  

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:19 AM

I would normally agree (setting aside the problems those collections have) but this is a drastically updated version KOF98, which isn't included in any compilation. I have to look into this a little more to see if it's a port with online play or just the ps2 version re-released.

Either way, I really loved this game on Xbox 360 and ps2 and wouldn't mind paying to have disc copy on ps4.

They noted on Discord that this is the PS2 port that's available on PS4, not the ACA version. I don't know what the differences are, but the people in the Discord seemed to think this was the inferior version.

#27300 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:23 AM

Yeah, for whatever reason, most people find KOF98UM and KOF2002UM to be inferior to the original games.  I certainly don't share that opinion and would rather have the extra characters and added features of 98UM.

The original KOF 98 is also playable anyway.