* * * - - 40 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#28501 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6525 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:19 PM

Just got caught up... shenmue is one of my favorite series of all time.  The original game ... easily one of my favorite games and often I would say it is my favorite game.  But... $150 for that complete version of shenmue 3?  Hell no.  I hope the real reason they aren't doing a standard version is because someone else is doing it and bringing it to retail.

They are claiming there will be no retail version and that this was the only way Deep Silver would let them release the patched/DLC complete version at all.

#28502 nagpo  

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:34 PM

Man, I didn't know LRG was so disliked.

#28503 Tothoro  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:11 AM

I think the tides started turning in 2019. They clearly shifted from an emphasis in preservation to an emphasis in profit and there are a lot of negative ripples there - no more rewards program, the insane shipping backlog, etc. They've pretty well burned through their good will, but they're still able to get the biggest licenses and sell plenty of units so I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

There's a good post about it on Reddit here. Cites one of my old posts about the shipping backlog, which is neat.

#28504 nagpo  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:06 AM

Yeah I've been waiting for MONTHS for Grandia and Shantae 1&2 and the point that they made in that thread about taking forever to actually deliver on the product is so true.

#28505 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6443 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:53 AM

watch them close down in a few years.

#28506 Jurai  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:04 AM

Let's just all agree Josh is a fucking piece of shit and Doug is his simp that refused to stand up to his bullshit so he could buy more anime figures

#28507 Jurai  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:09 AM

I think the tides started turning in 2019. They clearly shifted from an emphasis in preservation to an emphasis in profit and there are a lot of negative ripples there - no more rewards program, the insane shipping backlog, etc. They've pretty well burned through their good will, but they're still able to get the biggest licenses and sell plenty of units so I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

There's a good post about it on Reddit here. Cites one of my old posts about the shipping backlog, which is neat.

Blaming their shipping backlog on covid was really pathetic, they took the cop out for the fact they are incompetent

#28508 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37776 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:15 AM

They are claiming there will be no retail version and that this was the only way Deep Silver would let them release the patched/DLC complete version at all.

For all we know, Deep Silver isn't a fan of LRG nowadays, either, and we'll still see a standard edition at retailers later on.

#28509 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6525 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:52 AM

For all we know, Deep Silver isn't a fan of LRG nowadays, either, and we'll still see a standard edition at retailers later on.

I don't know, there are a ton of copies of the original release sitting at retail despite multiple clearances, so I doubt they are going to be eager to release this version that will only appeal to that narrow niche that cares about having the DLC on disc.  

#28510 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:06 AM

My shantae CE came in today. Excellent packaging, however I purchased a CE protector and it wasn't the right size nor was the CE put inside it. Box arrived perfectly tho. Steelbook is beautiful.

#28511 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3050 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:21 AM

Just wanted to stop by and mention that I've gone from having a complete collection, to missing most of the last 10 releases, and this Shenmue 3 bullshit is probably the final nail in the coffin. I got let go from my job (where I had all of my orders shipped since I was in charge of receiving) in September and had 12 outstanding orders. They couldn't change the address on 3 of them, despite 2 not shipping until this month, so now I have to wait for them to be returned to sender, and I may not even get my items since they're "returned to inventory." SRG was able to change the address on my Mother Russia Bleeds order without issue.

Now they're concentrating on a fucking retail store, so some fucks in North Carolina can buy shit to flip while people that have supported them since Day 1 can wait and eat shit. Awesome. 

#28512 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1649 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:17 AM

Every time I stop in this thread I learn something new and even shittier about these jabronis, and still haven't gotten even one of my games.

I got the mummy and now I'm out until something big comes along that I can't ignore.

#28513 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1078 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:36 AM

Every time I stop in this thread I learn something new and even shittier about these jabronis, and still haven't gotten even one of my games.

I got the mummy and now I'm out until something big comes along that I can't ignore.

Wow even bother getting the Mummy through them when Best Buy will carry it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#28514 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1649 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:14 AM

I'm over an hour drive one direction to the nearest best buy, and I don't like to risk missing it on their website.

#28515 Jurai  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:25 PM

I mean, of late LRG isnt even disclosing if their games are gonna be at Best Buy until after the preorders close, not shady at all

#28516 Fred Gordon Herbert  

Fred Gordon Herbert

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

Just wanted to stop by and mention that I've gone from having a complete collection, to missing most of the last 10 releases, and this Shenmue 3 bullshit is probably the final nail in the coffin. I got let go from my job (where I had all of my orders shipped since I was in charge of receiving) in September and had 12 outstanding orders. They couldn't change the address on 3 of them, despite 2 not shipping until this month, so now I have to wait for them to be returned to sender, and I may not even get my items since they're "returned to inventory." SRG was able to change the address on my Mother Russia Bleeds order without issue.

Now they're concentrating on a fucking retail store, so some fucks in North Carolina can buy shit to flip while people that have supported them since Day 1 can wait and eat shit. Awesome.

"You can't receive your games at this address anymore and the game hasn't even been shipped out yet? Well, tough shit. It's going there anyway!"

How does that make any sense?

#28517 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23707 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:42 AM

My shantae CE came in today. Excellent packaging, however I purchased a CE protector and it wasn't the right size nor was the CE put inside it. Box arrived perfectly tho. Steelbook is beautiful.

My mega bundle is still waiting for UPS to pick it up (over a week now) but I really hope it doesn't get picked up any time soon because I'm out of town starting today and until next Saturday. Do not want USPS holding my package. 

#28518 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:25 AM

I'm still trying to figure out how people are still lining up to give these people money. They have only been successful because their customers make worse decisions than they do. For all the money flowing, I can't comprehend how they can be so abysmal with getting orders out. I was very happy to buy Accounting+ on sale at BBY because it was lower than they ever charged.

#28519 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23707 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:29 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how people are still lining up to give these people money. They have only been successful because their customers make worse decisions than they do. For all the money flowing, I can't comprehend how they can be so abysmal with getting orders out. I was very happy to buy Accounting+ on sale at BBY because it was lower than they ever charged.

Same reason I give WM or Amazon money even though I hate some of their practices- because they have something I want. Yes, I realize I'm basically enabling the problem but outside of the delays/slow shipping... I've always gotten what I've paid for (eventually). It doesn't make the delays and their constant overselling any more bearable so I come here to bitch about them. 

#28520 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20179 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:12 PM

Simple answer is there is no alternative.  I would pay a bit more to avoid Gamestop or Walmart, but the only other option is getting digital.

#28521 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23707 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:32 PM

Simple answer is there is no alternative.  I would pay a bit more to avoid Gamestop or Walmart, but the only other option is getting digital. there are no alternatives. 

Fixed that for you. If it's not physical, it doesn't exist (literally). 

#28522 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

#28523 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20179 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:58 PM

And they somehow charge $20 extra now for Monkey Island

#28524 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2422 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:07 PM

Awesome looking set but way too expensive to even consider.

#28525 ZForce  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:19 PM

Sets sail on December 4th, and will probably ship December 5th.... of 2023.

#28526 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2714 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:04 PM

Yikes. I enjoy Monkey Island games but wouldn't for $175.

#28527 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:34 PM

127032291_4813687432007236_7125846661926

#28528 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5096 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:40 PM

I don't think anyone is--or at least very, very few are--unaware of how they do things. They've just transitioned over the years into many anti-consumer--and, frankly, pain in the ass--practices. And this, being a forum for discussion, is where these things end up being . . . discussed. 

#28529 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:00 AM

Products are taking more than 4 or 5 months. My last order took more than a year and there are people here waiting 6+ months for their order even before Covid.

Redrum666 are you an employee of LRG? Nothing wrong with it if you are, but I hope you are getting paid by LRG for all the posting and notification you do for them. At least free games or discounts if you are not on payroll.

#28530 Tothoro  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:50 AM

Someone posted the same meme on Reddit and deleted it because it was getting downvoted: https://www.reddit.c...complain_about/

Anywho, I'll say the same things I said there:

• The disclaimer used to say 2-4 months (example)
  • Even then, things routinely took longer (see pre-pandemic backlog)
  • A pandemic is a convenient excuse but it's not the root issue. This post articulates it well.

Meme game is weak, but clowns are gonna clown.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: limited run games, omg so rare, ps4, vita