* * * - - 40 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#29041 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5089 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:55 PM

I will order Scott Pilgrim and still feel safe.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and not perceive myself as a victim or martyr.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and the sun will rise tomorrow.

I am loved.

#29042 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9484 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:07 PM

I will order Scott Pilgrim and still feel safe.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and not perceive myself as a victim or martyr.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and the sun will rise tomorrow.

I am loved.

fc0.gif

Hi CAiNiAC!

#29043 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5089 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:24 PM

Hi CAiNiAC!

tenor.gif?itemid=15911240

#29044 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10333 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:55 PM

I just don't like that LRG moved away from the $10 more than digital prices. I know Shiren for Switch is $19.99 and I don't really want to pay $35+shipping for it (a really good game nonetheless). Scott Pilgrim is pretty cool though and will probably just get the standard and likely from BB.

#29045 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5089 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:15 PM

Shiren is importable too if you'd rather not support LRG. Doesn't really adress your cost issue though.

#29046 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10333 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:26 PM

Yeah I own plenty of imports, but if a NA version is available I will prefer to own that one 100% of the time. I'll think about the game for now.

#29047 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:21 AM

Will probably pick up Scott Pilgrim.  Any one know if Best Buy is also getting the PS4 version?

#29048 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2955 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:57 AM

I'm sure it's a big enough release that Best Buy will be getting all versions including Xbox. The minimum order to get it on Xbox will probably require them to offload some to Amazon too.

#29049 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1618 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

I'm sure it's a big enough release that Best Buy will be getting all versions including Xbox. The minimum order to get it on Xbox will probably require them to offload some to Amazon too.

Yo Tyrok, do you know why Best Buy already sold Shante and the Sevens Sirens for Switch, but the PS4 version is still without a release date on the BB website?

#29050 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:20 AM

Yo Tyrok, do you know why Best Buy already sold Shante and the Sevens Sirens for Switch, but the PS4 version is still without a release date on the BB website?

I recall hearing LRG saying it would ship out their orders first before supplying BBY with its orders. I don't know why BBY should have to get theirs last but I'm in no hurry.

#29051 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:42 AM

Will probably pick up Scott Pilgrim.  Any one know if Best Buy is also getting the PS4 version?

yes both Switch and PS4 are listed as going to be sold at bestbuy 

Switch Limited Run #94: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game – Limited Run Games

Limited Run #382: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game (PS4) – Limited Run Games

#29052 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3429 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:24 PM

I'll just wait for bestbuy to buy Scott Pilgrim.  I don't care about overpriced special bundled crap.  Not that I don't trust LRG to fulfill the order, but more I'd rather just hold my money for now and then buy it closer to or at release from BB so I won't have an order floating out there in limbo so long that I either forget, am haunted by it over the year, or/and for some reason I just lose interest in it.   I have the ps3 version digital so I can already play it anyway... though I'd be more likely to play it on the switch.

#29053 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13308 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:37 PM

For what its worth Josh mentioned in a Twitter response to someone that Shiren may be carried at Best Buy or Amazon (though nothing is set in stone)  so I'm going to wait until the last possible day to preorder it from them, to see if it shows up anywhere else.

#29054 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:43 PM

I'll just wait for bestbuy to buy Scott Pilgrim.  I don't care about overpriced special bundled crap.  Not that I don't trust LRG to fulfill the order, but more I'd rather just hold my money for now and then buy it closer to or at release from BB so I won't have an order floating out there in limbo so long that I either forget, am haunted by it over the year, or/and for some reason I just lose interest in it.   I have the ps3 version digital so I can already play it anyway... though I'd be more likely to play it on the switch.

Yeah, I'm of the same feeling on this.  However, my only aversion is that may be BBY decides there is little point in continuing to carry PS4 games by the time this one ships, so it decides to opt out of placing an order.  That would suck, but I can see that happening.  Then again, BBY could easily just carry the title online, so perhaps it does place an order.  Ugh.  Well, I'll wait until nearer to the end of the pre-order period to make up my mind.

On a related note, does anyone have any thoughts on Ground Zero: Texas?  It looks mildly interesting, but from what I can tell, FMV games from that era are generally awful (yeah, yeah, nostalgia).  I do like rail shooters and this one looks like it's in that genre.  Any opinions on it?

I saw someone else mention a game called Time Gal -- that one looks pretty cool.  Hey LRG, if you're thinking about what other games to seek out for gamers, please consider securing the rights and publishing this one!

#29055 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7680 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, I'm of the same feeling on this.  

I saw someone else mention a game called Time Gal -- that one looks pretty cool.  Hey LRG, if you're thinking about what other games to seek out for gamers, please consider securing the rights and publishing this one!

Same here, as I would rather wait on BB, than have LRG holding my funds for who knows how long, and I just no longer want to deal with them directly. Ebay, BB, Amazon are all fine with me, so if those places continue to carry LRG products, I may buy an offering from time to time. Jr wants this, so when I order his copy, I may grab one as well, still undecided?

If you wait a minute on the PS4 version, you may get it for less down the road on the secondary market, as most PS4 LRG go for peanuts, and SP is going to sell HUGE qty's(so even more of a chance for cheap offerings down the road).

I'm a HUGE FMV fan, but I haven't played Ground Zero, or many of those Sega CD shooter offerings, not because I thought the game would suck, but due to those poor ass graphics. The level of graininess was just to much for me to bare. LOL I can vouch for Time Gal though, as it was a Japanese Dragons Lair clone, with original anime art and everything, I currently have it on my PS1. I used to own the Sega CD version, but sold it after getting the superior PS1 version. Great game so long as you like Dragons Lair, as it's just a game of memorizing the stages, and imputing the correct move at the right time.

#29056 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2985 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:09 PM

Looks like my copy of Jay and Silent Bob Mall Brawl just prepped for shipment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29057 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2955 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:35 AM

Stores got their stock a week ago but it's not out until next Tuesday.

#29058 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3429 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, I'm of the same feeling on this.  However, my only aversion is that may be BBY decides there is little point in continuing to carry PS4 games by the time this one ships, so it decides to opt out of placing an order.

I primarily buy for Switch first and leave PS4 for games not on switch.   Especially a game like this that kind of calls for couch co-op which for me is more likely to happen on switch.   PS4 being your preferred platform throws a monkey wrench in the decision.

To be completely fair, I'm probably not as hyped for Scott Pilgrim as others.  I own it digital already, but also I'm not as big into beat-em-ups as when I was younger.  So this is more of a convenience purchase to not have to hook up the PS3.  Where as Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition was also a convenience purchase (so I wouldn't need to play the New 3DS version, which I bought after playing XC2)... but it's become one of my favorite series and is the kind of game that I tend to love more these days.  So it was bought at launch as no way I wanted to even take a chance at missing it (despite higher production numbers and full wide retail release).

So my hype might not be as high as others here.  IF I fail to get it at BB I'm very likely going to shrug and just accept it didn't happen.  I mainly want to buy this because my youngest son is a massive fan of the movie... and seems like this might be a game I could get the whole family engaged in playing together (which is a rare thing these days despite having a house full of gamers).

#29059 Equippt  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:39 PM

IF I fail to get it at BB I'm very likely going to shrug and just accept it didn't happen.

This is the way. It's okay to miss out on things, even if they're really neat.

#29060 hagz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:38 PM

Stores got their stock a week ago but it's not out until next Tuesday.

If the release date is next Tuesday, how come our orders don't reflect that?

#29061 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2955 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:05 PM

The dates in the system and dates on the website aren't always one and the same. That's why sometimes a game will get delayed with the date updated on the site but then the original day comes and everyone gets a bunch of cancellation notices until they fix it in the system. The site should be updated before next week (maybe it's LRGs call?) but stores will have stock if you can't wait.

#29062 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11507 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:31 PM

Just curious as someone who hasn't purchased anything from LRG in ages, how quickly do popular items sell out after going up? Curious if i should keep my hopes high on that K.O Edition for Scott Pilgrim.

If its gonna be a crapshoot, I might just settle for a standard copy and the hoodie or possibly the pins/trading cards

#29063 Equippt  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:45 PM

Just curious as someone who hasn't purchased anything from LRG in ages, how quickly do popular items sell out after going up? Curious if i should keep my hopes high on that K.O Edition for Scott Pilgrim.

If its gonna be a crapshoot, I might just settle for a standard copy and the hoodie or possibly the pins/trading cards

I think the Scott Pilgrim stuff is all open preorder. You should probably double check the one you want to make sure though.

#29064 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11507 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:50 PM

I think the Scott Pilgrim stuff is all open preorder. You should probably double check the one you want to make sure though.

Ah I saw that and the February 28th date and didn't know if that meant they'd just be taking unlimited orders then fulfilling them, or if that was just the entire window regardless of whether or not stock lasted

#29065 Tothoro  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

Ah I saw that and the February 28th date and didn't know if that meant they'd just be taking unlimited orders then fulfilling them, or if that was just the entire window regardless of whether or not stock lasted

The former. As long as it's before February 28, you'll be able to place an order.

#29066 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13308 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

There is a slight chance they end the preorder for the CE early, but they usually will give notice if that happens.

#29067 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAG Veteran   173 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:45 PM

Ok, something really, really strange has happened to my Ys Origin CE pre-order. When I click on my order history, the game has changed from "On Deck" back down to "In Production." Then, when I click on the order number, I'm brought to this weird, Amazon-style error page with a sad dog, saying "404 Page Not Found." I'd upload screenshots of this, but I keep being told I can't.

The game is still on LRG's website, albeit sold out. This is my first order with them and this makes me worried that they're not sending me my game. I understand it being "On Deck" for over a month is not unusual, but now this is very alarming to me. Has something like this ever happened to anyone else? Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Never mind, in the time it took me to type this up, it partially fixed itself. I can see the order when I click on it now and it says "On Deck," but it still says "In Production" in my order history. Very strange.

#29068 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2439 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:07 PM

Will Scott Pilgrim perform better on PS4 than Switch or will it be the same?

#29069 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:21 PM

When does Best Buy usually put up what they are selling from Limited Run on their site?  I was hoping to get Scott Pilgrim from them instead but wasn't sure when I should be on the lookout.

#29070 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:28 PM

When does Best Buy usually put up what they are selling from Limited Run on their site?  I was hoping to get Scott Pilgrim from them instead but wasn't sure when I should be on the lookout.

Usually the week of or the month of release. So lets say the game is schedule to release sometime April, thats when Bestbuy will start taking orders.