* * * - - 41 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Global Outbreak of...Delayed Shipping

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#29221 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2021 - 11:56 PM

Speaking of which, so much for the Xmas present... I mean Valentine's Day... I mean, now birthday present in the form of the SC5 bundle for the Mrs. The sad part is I ordered it on August 1st and figured it would take 4 months to arrive and it didn't even meet that. An update from LRG would be useful so I would know how to plan gift buying, but, it doesn't benefit LRG, so why do it, right bojay?

should be soon I just got my copy of Space Channel 5 standard edition yesterday 

#29222 folnevar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 12:42 AM

I have enough of a game collection to last me the rest of my life anyway.

Amen to that!

#29223 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7143 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 01 February 2021 - 12:48 AM

I'm not the one preaching about acceptance.  You are the one asserting that these are "valid" complaints and that the contrary perspective is somehow invalid.  I see them as complaints and while I agree that people are free to hold whatever opinion they wish, I don't agree that there is any benefit to repeatedly posting the same complaints year after year on a thread that LRG doesn't even interact with in any way.  Again, what value is there to LRG constantly updating when something might ship?  Are you going to schedule your business trip or family vacation around it?  I mean you can do a postal mail hold from any smartphone anywhere in the world in mere seconds if you are concerned once you receive a shipping notice.  You can also use informed delivery which scans every piece of mail and package you will receive each day.  If you have such a crazy life that a potential delay of the delivery of a video game is going to dictate when you can work or vacation, maybe it's time to find a different hobby.   

It's so you can arrange appropriate arrangements to get your package inside your place when you are not home or available. There's also the issue of LRG giving you shipping notice weeks in advance when they haven't even actually ship your package. It just sit there for weeks. Do you think LRG will provide adequate service or provide full replacement if my package get lost or stolen? If you keep missing your shipping deadline and have poor customer service constantly it is an issue. Also my hobbies does not revolve around LRG nor is it the main focus.

What is really crazy is that you are getting really set off over comments made about two guys that you probably never met or have any personal interaction with in your life. You have suggested that another member has a mental issue or unhealthy fasciation with the founders of LRG, but really can't the same thing be said about you? You are getting worked up about some comments that is not even directed towards you.

Well, you take care and enjoy your purchases.

#29224 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 12:56 AM

Is there a good reason why they would print out shipping labels so far in advance knowing emails will be sent out? Do shipping costs really fluctuate that much that locking them in on a certain day would be worth doing or whatever?

#29225 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6719 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:09 AM

This is actually not that uncommon for companies to buy old or inactive accounts and astroturf using those. I'm assuming the real Bojay1997 that originally used this account no longer has time for gaming, works in some office in downtown LA and sold his account to Josh to make it look legitimate.

This might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum.  Not only have I had this same account for 17 years, but I have been actively posting here for that entire time.  Anyway, back to your account.  Please explain to us again how you have been lurking for five years and decided a week ago to register your account and spend most of your time posting in this thread.  Are you the owner of one of LRG's competitors?  I'll bet you're that guy from VBlank who keeps releasing the same mediocre game over and over and over again and who believes LRG stole his business idea.  That's got to be the only explanation, right?  

#29226 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6719 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:17 AM

It's so you can arrange appropriate arrangements to get your package inside your place when you are not home or available. There's also the issue of LRG giving you shipping notice weeks in advance when they haven't even actually ship your package. It just sit there for weeks. Do you think LRG will provide adequate service or provide full replacement if my package get lost or stolen? If you keep missing your shipping deadline and have poor customer service constantly it is an issue. Also my hobbies does not revolve around LRG nor is it the main focus.

What is really crazy is that you are getting really set off over comments made about two guys that you probably never met or have any personal interaction with in your life. You have suggested that another member has a mental issue or unhealthy fasciation with the founders of LRG, but really can't the same thing be said about you? You are getting worked up about some comments that is not even directed towards you.

Well, you take care and enjoy your purchases.

I can only speak for what I have seen on other forums, but they replace lost and stolen packages and I'm not aware of a single person that has not been offered either a replacement or a refund in those situations.  I suppose I worry about shipping slowdowns less because I import a lot of video games from Europe and there are constant delays and points where the tracking may be invalid for months.  All I can say is that I have always received my games whether it's from LRG or the numerous other companies in this space.

You're right that I have never met Josh or Douglas, but there are lots of other business owners I've never met either.  It doesn't mean that I can't have compassion for other people that share my hobby and are providing a service that I have enjoyed for the last five years.    

#29227 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6719 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:22 AM

Is there a good reason why they would print out shipping labels so far in advance knowing emails will be sent out? Do shipping costs really fluctuate that much that locking them in on a certain day would be worth doing or whatever?

From what I've read, the labels are tied to how they manage their inventory and so it's part of the process of fulfillment even if the package doesn't go out that day.  Best Buy was doing the same thing around the holidays, so I'm not sure if it was the same process or there was some other reason that labels and confirmations were going out but packages weren't being handed to UPS for 3-6 days.  LRG also mentioned on one of the forums that their local post office is small and cannot accommodate large amounts of packages at once, so that apparently leads to some delays as well.  Not sure if there is a larger postal facility in their area that could accommodate faster/larger volume processing.  

#29228 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:33 AM

They probably only have them picked up once a week.

#29229 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:50 AM

From what I've read, the labels are tied to how they manage their inventory and so it's part of the process of fulfillment even if the package doesn't go out that day.  Best Buy was doing the same thing around the holidays, so I'm not sure if it was the same process or there was some other reason that labels and confirmations were going out but packages weren't being handed to UPS for 3-6 days.  LRG also mentioned on one of the forums that their local post office is small and cannot accommodate large amounts of packages at once, so that apparently leads to some delays as well.  Not sure if there is a larger postal facility in their area that could accommodate faster/larger volume processing.  

Best Buy stores get daily pickups from UPS, FedEx and USPS but the volume last month was so great that they were just being tossed into rented trucks without being scanned first. Sometimes post office temps were just taking them in their own cars. That's why it took that long to show movement not because they were printing labels early and not packing them.

I kind of doubt it's in LRGs budget to get daily pickups like that.

#29230 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:46 AM

Any word if Fight N Rage was getting a Best Buy release for either switch or ps4? nothing written on either version's description on the LRG page.

#29231 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:52 AM

They probably only have them picked up once a week.

Considering my Ys Origin package has been "Ready for UPS" for 2 weeks now, they must have missed it during pick up...twice.

#29232 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:58 AM

They take all your money up front and then ship their timed edition, additional-future-release games to you whenever they feel like it. Often times taking up to one year.

I think we can all blame Kickstarter for making that a viable business model, by changing their Patreon style vision to a Pre-order service.

#29233 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:55 AM

I finally got my Streets of Rage 4 Limited Edition last week.

It took about the same amount of time to get my order that it takes to make an entire person.

It's possible a pregnancy could have beat out the order by a few days.

Thank you Limited Run for birthing this game.

I'm really cutting back on my Limited Run orders due to the long wait times. All I have outstanding now is the Shantae clear vinyl that is going to be shipping out by Q4 2020 - that one was great since they made it seem like it was already produced when I ordered it as the original item listing page did not say anything about a potential ship date at all, so with no date it appeared it was ready to go. A few days later they updated it to say Q4 2020.. grumble.

And I guess I have one more order I placed for Fight N Rage and Scott Pilgrim... just glad I only have 2 outstanding orders and not 20.

#29234 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4394 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:10 AM

#29235 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10607 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:35 AM

Just mentioning that Revenge of the Bird King sucks IMHO. I think I got for like 3 cents or something on the Switch, and it was just a punishing old school 2D platformer with long levels. I'm not sure if the game had check points. I felt like I was ramming my head against the wall, and I couldn't beat level 1 after about 45 minutes of play. I gave up on it shortly afterward.

#29236 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3771 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:34 PM

And I guess I have one more order I placed for Fight N Rage and Scott Pilgrim... just glad I only have 2 outstanding orders and not 20.

I'm not interested in Fight N Rage, but Scott Pilgrim (switch & ps4 versions) are heading to BestBuy so I'm more than fine just waiting that one out.   I did that with Shantae Seven Sirens (for the switch version) and that worked out well.  Just gotta be ready when they show up.

Just mentioning that Revenge of the Bird King sucks IMHO. I think I got for like 3 cents or something on the Switch, and it was just a punishing old school 2D platformer with long levels. I'm not sure if the game had check points. I felt like I was ramming my head against the wall, and I couldn't beat level 1 after about 45 minutes of play. I gave up on it shortly afterward.

Yes the game sucks. I bought it during the same sale and still feel ripped off. It's also by one of the LRG employees.

#29237 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:16 PM

#29238 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:17 PM

#29239 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20343 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:03 PM

9am ETS so people in west coast will have to wake up early.  Lame.

#29240 guy3467  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:43 PM

Anyone know if The Complex is a preorder or a limited quantity run? Their tweet says it's limited in the text, but the picture says it will be a preorder. I'm confused.

#29241 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6719 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:45 PM

Anyone know if The Complex is a preorder or a limited quantity run? Their tweet says it's limited in the text, but the picture says it will be a preorder. I'm confused.

It's limited.  They started doing that quite a while ago because people assumed that if it was limited quantity and didn't say "pre-order" as well, it would ship right away.  Also, they put it up on their store and it looks like there are 1,500 copies of The Complex and 1,500 copies of the gladiator game.  

#29242 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:49 PM

#29243 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24203 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:57 PM

Can we have two different LRG threads? One for people who like them and one for the rest of us who still buy their stuff but want to bitch about it as well? 

#29244 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6719 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:03 PM

Can we have two different LRG threads? One for people who like them and one for the rest of us who still buy their stuff but want to bitch about it as well? 

Already exists.  This thread is supposed to be for announcements and discussion of those announcements.  The other thread is for bitching and everything else.  https://www.cheapass...cussion-thread/

#29245 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5050 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:26 PM

My Ys Origins Switch CE shipped, but it's still stuck on awaiting UPS. This the same for anyone else?

#29246 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:48 PM

so bojay by himself and the rest of us in another thread?

#29247 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1859 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 09:14 PM

While I don't dismiss anyone's complaints with LRG I really don't have much of a problem with them.  I'm not a completionist or collector so I only buy the games I want to play & the shipping time doesn't bother me since it takes me forever to get to start a new game anyhow.  But I can understand how these issues would be problems for others.

That is to say there aren't things that irk me.  One being a oversaturated of their releases with too many games that are not worth the time imo *cough*kemco rpgs*cough*.  Also too many overpriced special editions, not release needs two freaking special/collector editions.  That latter is sitting on a already announce release just because.  It took forever for that Paper Please release & still waiting on that Super Meat Boy vita release.  Sitting on them just to bundle with another of the studio's release doesn't make me want to get the other release more, in fact it does the reverse.

While these things aren't that big of a deal it has caused me from being there every friday morning at 9:45am eagerly waiting for the add to the cart button to drop to where I forget when releases are happening or just plain old can't be bothered to check.  Which in turn cause me to buy less.  I used to buy at least 2 games a every month from them, now it's more like 2 games every quater if that.

Bottom line is this, at the end of the day though I'm still going to buy from them.  Now that might change in the future, but not anytime soon that I can foresee.  You can have complaints, no company is perfect for it's customers & you have a right to voice those complaints.  But a constant string of page after page argument isn't a complaint it's a grudge.  For those whose limit has been reach the solution is simple, stop buying from them.  If this company irks you so much just stop & move on it's that simple.  Unless your one of those people like who live on twitter only to rile the ire & misery of others & roll around in it like Scrooge McDuck in his vault, why would you want to deal with the stress & anger it's causing you?  Find better things to do with your time & money.

But hey that's just my .03 cents (pun intended) :lol: :dunce:

#29248 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:05 PM

My Ys Origins Switch CE shipped, but it's still stuck on awaiting UPS. This the same for anyone else?

Mine has been awaiting pick up for over two weeks now.

#29249 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 02 February 2021 - 12:10 AM

so bojay by himself and the rest of us in another thread?

No, I'd be in the normal LRG thread, too, but I'm not sure there is a point bothering anymore.  I can just check out their announcements and feedback on twitter.  This thread has just become toxic.  And now we're at the point where people are acting like Josh's parents judging him for what he spends (or spent) his money on.  It just seems like it's going too far. 

I did get shipping notices for 4 more items today.  A couple days ago I received shipping notices for a couple of replacements I had requested.  I received a couple of games last week.  When I contact customer service, they are quick to respond.  They follow up without me having to check after them.  I get they've been slow.  I get that I care less than most probably would.  But, for me, the positives outweigh the negatives and I - like most in this thread - do not buy from them with blinders on.  

#29250 Equippt  

Posted 02 February 2021 - 12:18 AM

For those whose limit has been reach the solution is simple, stop buying from them. If this company irks you so much just stop & move on it's that simple.

It's not though. If they work with a dev you want to support or a game you like, you can't just go through one of LRG's competitors because LRG is usually the only option. Not always, as we saw with Streets of Rage 4, but usually. And of course when the SoR4 thing happened there were a ton of complaints from LRG fans and even from the company itself, so I'm guessing we won't see too much of that going forward.

I sympathize with the people who don't want to see huge strings of posts filled with negativity, but that's a natural consequence of LRG's business model. Anyone who wants to support the devs they're working with is stuck with LRG whether they like it or not. That's why so many lapsed fans continue to follow them.