* * * - - 24 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Here's to November!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#13531 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

ESRB or not they are US SCEA numbered releases produced by a US based company and must be imported from the US.  They have always been region 1 / USA / NA releases.  Changes nothing. Other than games will prob be more expensive so the middle man HOA like ESRB can get their cut of free money via extortion.

#13532 sm04as   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

Anyone know how re-open a ticket once it's been closed? They closed a ticket of mine and said to re-open a ticket if the issue wasn't resolved, but I don't know how to do that. Do I just reply to a closed ticket? 

If you can find the ticket on FreshDesk, just reply to it and it will re-open it.  Or find the e-mail closing the ticket and reply to it.

​"We hope that the ticket was resolved to your satisfaction. If you feel that the ticket should not be closed or if the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email."

#13533 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4907 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

Other than games will prob be more expensive so the middle man HOA like ESRB can get their cut of free money via extortion.

This is what I figured as well^

#13534 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2174 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

I got a Playism Key from LRG for Silver Case. I assume this for the 25th ward? When I redeem the Playism Key will I get another steam key for the whole game + new content? It looks like it but I figured I'd confirm first.

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading

#13535 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1999 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:44 AM

They have always been region 1

I think you need to go look at the back cover of all of your LRG games. All of the ones I own use the Region "ALL" designation. Ultimately none of this matters to me. I don't care what Region a game is but I challenge you to find an example of an LRG release with the Region logo box stating it's Region 1. I'm fairly positive (and I feel like I researched this and verified it before) that Dragon Fantasy TBTOI on Vita is technically the EU version on the cart since EU got that version while we only got the original Book 2 version on PSN. More lines blurred on what is the legit Region. Thankfully I don't collect by Region and don't have to think about that stuff let alone track down the other NA games that only released physically in Mexico. Not sure if Canada has any exclusives beyond cover art variants but it would suck having to track all of that. Anyway just had to point this out. That doesn't mean I believe they aren't legit releases, just they don't look like legit releases compared to regular retail games in great part due to the absent ESRB logo on the front and the ESRB box with explanations for the rating on the back.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#13536 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

How are you guys going to handle having some LRG games with ESRB logos/ratings and some without???

Scissors, cheap games and glue...

#13537 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Waiting on Ys Collector's and Night Trap PC. 

Any clue on NT PC's date?

Scissors, cheap games and glue...

Ah, I see what you are going to do. Cut ESRB ratings from cheap games and glue them on the old LRG boxes so they all have ratings!

#13538 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

I would think stuff that's already printed would be grandfathered in

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#13539 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4907 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

I would think stuff that's already printed would be grandfathered in

Based on the delays, I'm guessing once the date was reached when this was required, any games released after then would have troubles. Otherwise, most of the games that should have been scheduled for this month would have happened otherwise.

ESRB uh, seems like paying protection to the mob in all honesty. As it isn't really benefiting anyone, especially in LRG case, but it's a way to get paid, for doing nothing. By saying you must have this, and you have to pay us to make it happen, otherwise "bad" things will happen. Extortion is extortion, no matter who is behind it.

#13540 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Ah, I see what you are going to do. Cut ESRB ratings from cheap games and glue them on the old LRG boxes so they all have ratings!

It worked for the original Last House on the Left.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

#13541 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   990 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

I used to just color over parental advisories on cds so my mom wouldn't notice. You could try that.

I'm jealous of you guys getting your stuff shipped. I always uses to get mine early and be one of the first to say it arrived. Now it seems like I'm always last.

#13542 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4907 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

I'm jealous of you guys getting your stuff shipped. I always uses to get mine early and be one of the first to say it arrived. Now it seems like I'm always last.

Mine have always been all over the map. Some come quick, some when expected, and others......forget about it. LOL

#13543 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   2875 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

Has anyone seen any updates for Skull Girls on Vita recently?

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Tekken 7 & Berserk and the Band of the Hawk |  :xb1: Skyrim |  Switch Sonic Mania & Splatoon 2 

#13544 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9627 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone seen any updates for Skull Girls on Vita recently?

On the Skullgirls website in late July and deep in this thread somewhere, they say - "Assuming everything goes smoothly, the Graphics Approval step is estimated to take five days, the Proofing step is estimated to take two days, and then Printing and Assembly is estimated to take 3 weeks for PS4, and 4~5 weeks for PS Vita."

I know we are only a couple weeks past their proposed time frame, but does anyone know where things aren't going as smoothly as expected, and do you know how long the delay will be?

Skullgirls PS4 is coming very soon, maybe next month. And the Vita version is going through final round of cert and will likely arrive November.

#13545 sm04as   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition coming out Oct 13, 2017

Spoiler

#13546 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4176 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hey, I get a break from releases!!

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#13547 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

I'd prefer the option others have mentioned with reversible covers without the ESRB logo.  Since the logo always has to face out, that means all reversible cover games would have the same orientation and you wouldn't have to double dip to get one of each sealed orientation.

#13548 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9627 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition coming out Oct 13, 2017

Spoiler

meh

#13549 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

On the Skullgirls website in late July and deep in this thread somewhere, they say - "Assuming everything goes smoothly, the Graphics Approval step is estimated to take five days, the Proofing step is estimated to take two days, and then Printing and Assembly is estimated to take 3 weeks for PS4, and 4~5 weeks for PS Vita."

I know we are only a couple weeks past their proposed time frame, but does anyone know where things aren't going as smoothly as expected, and do you know how long the delay will be?

LRG posted on Twitter yesterday that the PS4 release will start shipping in the second week of October.  (As someone else mentioned, Vita should follow in November.)

#13550 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9627 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

So I should I expect it to get it at the end of October considering it takes up to two weeks for them to ship. :T

#13551 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2002 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

It worked for the original Last House on the Left.

He'll have the first and only Night Trap copy rated E.

ESRB uh, seems like paying protection to the mob in all honesty. As it isn't really benefiting anyone, especially in LRG case, but it's a way to get paid, for doing nothing. By saying you must have this, and you have to pay us to make it happen, otherwise "bad" things will happen. Extortion is extortion, no matter who is behind it.

Before LRG, I thought all major console manufacturers required games to be ESRB rated before getting licensed - not from extortion fears from the ESRB but from fear of the US government coming in with its own rating requirement.

#13552 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

A sign of the times. The 90's AO is the 10's E.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

#13553 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:40 PM

Before LRG, I thought all major console manufacturers required games to be ESRB rated before getting licensed - not from extortion fears from the ESRB but from fear of the US government coming in with its own rating requirement.

And like all things that are no longer needed, desperately scrabble to perpetuate their own existence long past their usefulness.

#13554 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   990 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

Easy pass on the driving game for me. Thank God I am stretched thin with money still haha.

#13555 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2170 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

Watched some gameplay and I think Absolute Drift is probably a pass for me. Will see what else they have planned for October.  

joshTX.png

#13556 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

Did lrg sending the larger square checklists and stickers? Haven't gotten then last two I ordered. I know they were always throw ins but I've always gotten then.

Chief_Brody_1027.png

#13557 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4907 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Did lrg sending the larger square checklists and stickers? Haven't gotten then last two I ordered. I know they were always throw ins but I've always gotten then.

They've been transitioning to trading cards for the last few months. The post cards and stickers are all done at this point I believe.

#13558 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

They've been transitioning to trading cards for the last few months. The post cards and stickers are all done at this point I believe.

Thanks. That's too bad. I mean the cards are cool but I thought the other throw ins were really cool. The checklist thing was awesome. Reminded me of the old days collecting cards and getting a check list. Ah well.

Chief_Brody_1027.png

#13559 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4907 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

Thanks. That's too bad. I mean the cards are cool but I thought the other throw ins were really cool. The checklist thing was awesome. Reminded me of the old days collecting cards and getting a check list. Ah well.

Don't feel bad, now you can get in on the trading card craze. LOL

https://limitedrunga...ing-card-binder

#13560 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9627 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

So theyre buying the binders for the brand right?