* * * - - 25 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - La Mulana EX [Vita] & Nex Machina SE/CE [PS4] on November 10! Crawl [PS4] in November too! Switch releases upcoming! News!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#13441 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

Just a heads up everyone, got shipping notification for my single copy of Ys Origin PS4. Although it's still awaiting pick up.

#13442 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

Speaking of the cards, I thought I saw a list of all of the cards that had currently been made but I cannot find it anywhere. Any idea on where this list could be or was I dreaming?

I personally haven't seen one, but it stands to reason someone should have made one by now.

#13443 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   834 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

Just a heads up everyone, got shipping notification for my single copy of Ys Origin PS4. Although it's still awaiting pick up.

I received one also.

#13444 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6101 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

The trading cards are very cool. I received cards for Night Trap and Wonder Boy which both turned out quite nicely.  But I can't get into the trading card thing when I already bought 70 or 80 games with no cards. 

In the picture on the binder item page I find it weird how some cards are portrait and some are landscape, yet two separate types of landscape cards have their numbers in different areas of the card. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#13445 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3048 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

Speaking of the cards, I thought I saw a list of all of the cards that had currently been made but I cannot find it anywhere. Any idea on where this list could be or was I dreaming?

https://twitter.com/...429775106138112
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#13446 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22211 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:15 AM

God damn.. that's a lot more cards than I thought there'd be. 

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#13447 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:04 AM

God damn.. that's a lot more cards than I thought there'd be.

How the Fuck are you supposed to get a B&C or SMRPG card? Luck? Send it to the people who ordered them originally?

#13448 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5974 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:29 AM

collecting cards is too much money to get all. damn pokemon days back in the late 90s! probably not gonna buy the binder. i'll just use my pokemon binder instead lol

#13449 ihadmail  

ihadmail

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:30 AM

How the Fuck are you supposed to get a B&C or SMRPG card? Luck? Send it to the people who ordered them originally?

It wasn't that one but I got a card with my Shadow Warrior 2 set. They also had cards for sale at their booth at PAX East/West.

Edit: the cards are intended to promote trading among collectors, so there's that too.

#13450 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:10 AM

Except nobody is going to ever get duplicates of rares to trade.  It was designed to be futile from the start.

#13451 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:13 AM

I didn't know they planned to go back and produce TC for past games, but that's pretty cool I guess. They are supposed to be offering packs, like you would buy at retail for any type of trading cards, and I'd imagine most will get them through there. Then you just trade your extras for what you need, so forth and so on.

We won't know how well that will work until we see what actually comes in the packs, but it could be cool. I have a few now, but I'll buy some packs and see what I get. If it's like those blind boxes last year, I won't be participating long, but if it's just random cards in the packs, and I get some good variety, I'll see about collecting, why not?

#13452 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9647 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:22 AM

It would be nice if we can get cards for our previous purchases. Just like how it would be nice to get reward tickets for the previous purchaes. But if it does happen, somehow, it sounds more like a headache to get.

#13453 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6101 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

Well I purchased 3 copies of Night Trap, one LE and two standard and received three of the same card.  Apparently there are four different Night Trap cards so its like whatever...

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#13454 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2761 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:03 PM

If they advertise 1,500, they sell 1,500. If they advertise 1,500 but only sell 1,200 because they need to hold some back for damage/replacements, I would imagine that that's against some advertising rules.

The number stated is the total run size, regardless of what is actually sold. Any other number, higher or lower, would be false advertising. There's no way around the necessity to hold back units for replacements.
Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#13455 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2761 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

Well I purchased 3 copies of Night Trap, one LE and two standard and received three of the same card. Apparently there are four different Night Trap cards so its like whatever...

Two of the cards don't exist yet and are in manufacturing to go out with the PC box. We mostly ran out of the SCAT logo card (outside of held cards for the FMV Friday bundle) so we had to print more cards to send out with the PC version.

#13456 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2761 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

Except nobody is going to ever get duplicates of rares to trade. It was designed to be futile from the start.

Except they totally can in packs, which we'll offer later on.

#13457 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2761 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

"If you want to make sure that your card arrives safely and in great condition, make sure to add a trading card protector to your order."

Is this a joke? Sorry. It's not the buyer's job to ensure items arrive safely.

The trading cards are a free bonus that already cost us quite a bit per card versus the old cards/stickers. If a corner arrives slightly bent we're not going to pay the shipping to replace it. The card protectors are $0.50. We're not asking a lot here if you care about making sure the card arrives in perfect shape.

#13458 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2761 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

Lol why don't they just put the trading card into the binder for safe keeping instead of luring you into buying a card protector too...

The binders are sealed by Ultra-Pro. I think most people would prefer we don't open the seal.

Binders come with 10 pages attached. Each can be double backed so you can store 80 cards.

#13459 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4939 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

The binders are sealed by Ultra-Pro. I think most people would prefer we don't open the seal.

Binders come with 10 pages attached. Each can be double backed so you can store 80 cards.

Fair enough, so will the card binder get covered in bubble wrap for shipping? As if that is the case, I'm happy to have my card laid flat on the sealed binder, and with the bubble wrap over that, it should be fine.

#13460 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

"If you want to make sure that your card arrives safely and in great condition, make sure to add a trading card protector to your order."

Is this a joke? Sorry. It's not the buyer's job to ensure items arrive safely.

I thought the exact same thing when I first made purchases and saw they wanted a few extra bucks for a fancy pos cardboard box that says LR lol. Its not like they do a great job making the box any more secure than the black bubble mailer (actually games and cards have arrived better in the mailer than they have in the box) because they throw a piece of crappy paper in the box; put the game in and the card on top of the game at least in my experiences; last box i got from them card made it thru; but because the piece of crap brown paper doesn't keep the game case in place as well as a bubble mailer does the disc is loose in the case. But guess thats on the customer for not buying Add on shipping accessories from a video game site. Why not offer peanuts and styrofoam so at least customers can get a secured shipped item if you want to charge EXTRA for shipping supplies.

If customers wanted to buy shipping supplies they would go to the UPS Store. Occasionally I sell things on ebay and because I care about reviews; and customer feedback you better believe my packages leave so the item arrives in the same condition it was bought in....guess that theory doesnt trickle down to a business thats operating for its "fans"

A business that is shipping items out should care what shape items arrive in without having to reach back into that customers pocket; But OH WAIT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT PROFITS; But wait yes they do and these add-ons are a way to off set supposedly what they dont make lol. 

#13461 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10414 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

I have yet to receive a floating PS4 disc on any LRG PS4 game shipped in a box while it was roughly 50/50 on PS4 games sent in bubble mailers.

LRG is pretty clear that they ship in a box free of charge when 1 PS4 game and at least one other game (Vita, PS4, or PC) is ordered in the same order.  If you just order one PS4 game at a time you need to pay the extra $2 for the box or be satisfied with a bubble mailer.  I have always gone with the default bubble mailer in this case.  Its pretty easy to fix the floating disc without opening the game, or just open the game (like I do most of the time) and use it as PS4 games are extremely hard to scratch.

#13462 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2761 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

The difference being when you sell things on eBay, you can't replace that thing if something goes wrong. We do replace items that get damaged in shipping and I've explained hundreds of times that we'd rather eat the (very low) costs on a few replacements than spend thousands going unnecessarily overboard on packaging. You only have to buy a box if you don't meet the requirements to ship in one by default.

I'll say it for the 1,000th time: I could ship your game tightly secured in a steel enclosure and the disc could go loose. How we pack it DOES NOT affect your odds of the disc going loose. The issue is a problem with the spindle inside the case.

#13463 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

I think it's just for your own peace of mind. They replace games damaged in shipping and I assume they'd do the same for trading cards.

It's like if you order a CE from Amazon and it keeps arriving busted up in a bubble mailer, thanks to the handling of your local delivery person. Amazon will keep replacing it as many times as they can, but it really would just be nice to have the option to make sure it's in a box for some things.

If you know your local delivery person is probably going to throw it like a Frisbee to your door and you don't want to deal with the replacement cycle, then yeah get a box. It's not going to be like that for everyone though.

I think it's for people like me that really seem to have bad luck with Amazon's packaging. The rarest thing I ordered they wouldn't be able to replace if it was damaged, and a refund wouldn't come close to the replacement cost from a reseller. It was also an Amazon exclusive, so I bought gift wrapping and on the To/From note I wrote "PLEASE SHIP ME IN A BOX". lol The item came pristine, and a lot of reseller listings had notable dents.

Don't you also get a box for free if you buy a couple of items with at least one being a PS4 game too or something?

Posted Image

#13464 srocky26  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

I thought the exact same thing when I first made purchases and saw they wanted a few extra bucks for a fancy pos cardboard box that says LR lol. Its not like they do a great job making the box any more secure than the black bubble mailer (actually games and cards have arrived better in the mailer than they have in the box) because they throw a piece of crappy paper in the box; put the game in and the card on top of the game at least in my experiences; last box i got from them card made it thru; but because the piece of crap brown paper doesn't keep the game case in place as well as a bubble mailer does the disc is loose in the case. But guess thats on the customer for not buying Add on shipping accessories from a video game site. Why not offer peanuts and styrofoam so at least customers can get a secured shipped item if you want to charge EXTRA for shipping supplies.
If customers wanted to buy shipping supplies they would go to the UPS Store. Occasionally I sell things on ebay and because I care about reviews; and customer feedback you better believe my packages leave so the item arrives in the same condition it was bought in....guess that theory doesnt trickle down to a business thats operating for its "fans"
A business that is shipping items out should care what shape items arrive in without having to reach back into that customers pocket; But OH WAIT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT PROFITS; But wait yes they do and these add-ons are a way to off set supposedly what they dont make lol.

Just don't buy anything. Then you don't have to constantly bitch about their business.

Currently playing:   :vita: DanganRonpa, :ps4: Uncharted Collection, :xb1: The Division

Recently platinumed: :ps4: Witcher 3 :vita: Tales of Hearts R :ps3: Tales of Xilla, Tales of Xillia 2,  :vita: Persona 4 Golden,  :vita: Steins;Gate, :vita: Odin Sphere

#13465 R3DH3R0   13 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2724 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

First Night Trap came damaged, insert was ripped and manual had a rip on it. Got it replaced, had to pay for shipping back, which sucked, but whatever. Then they reused the box I sent the defective one in which was already starting to get weak to send me back my new one. USPS decided it would be cool to jam it into my parcel locker smashing the box and the CE. Can't get anyone from LRG to respond. Fun times.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#13466 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3069 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

DId anyone read this check list?

They have Steamworld Dig and SteamWorld Heist Listed.

I don't recall them announcing these games.

Awesome!

997362.png

#13467 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Not a fan of the trading cards at all.  Way too many and not as nice as the postcards/stickers.  I know other companies copied the idea, but that shouldn't have been reason enough to change it. 

#13468 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2002 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

We are back to floating discs again?

Two things to fix the shipping issues:

1.  Use standard boxes (no logos or any costly customization to the box) and put the extra money into bubble wrap or packing peanuts.  Having a lot of empty space in a box leads to damage.  Packing a box full of purchased items doesn't offer protection either as the items then are providing the structural support for the entire center of box.  Basic packaging logic.

2.  Drop flashy plastic bags with tiny bubbles to a more standard shipping bag with bigger bubbles.  The smaller bubbles offer LESS protection from crushing and make it easier to pop a game out of it's spindle.  They do hold up well in wet conditions, but most bubble mailers never see wet conditions at a level that would cause any damage anyway and the bubble part of the mailer keeps moisture from ever getting inside the bag.

The difference being when you sell things on eBay, you can't replace that thing if something goes wrong.

That's not the only difference.   It's also a matter of caring that the item arrives in the same condition it shipped in.   I know it's hard to care about widgets produced in bulk that can be replaced, but try to put as much effort into your products as people have to put in to buy them.  People aren't buying these things blindly but jumping through all of these artificial hoops to make a purchase.

Also please don't complain about the cost of making the trading cards when it's a self inflicted cost.  If the cost is a factor, don't do it.

DId anyone read this check list?

They have Steamworld Dig and SteamWorld Heist Listed.

I don't recall them announcing these games.

Awesome!

When I looked at the card list before I don't remember seeing that on there.  Nice find.  There are a bunch of other games on there that haven't come out too.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#13469 ignition365  

ignition365

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

First Night Trap came damaged, insert was ripped and manual had a rip on it. Got it replaced, had to pay for shipping back, which sucked, but whatever. Then they reused the box I sent the defective one in which was already starting to get weak to send me back my new one. USPS decided it would be cool to jam it into my parcel locker smashing the box and the CE. Can't get anyone from LRG to respond. Fun times.

I'm going through a similar thing, but still waiting for my replacement.

ignition365.jpg

#13470 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3257 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

Gotta say, I much preferred the higher res postcards to these trading cards. Collecting the cards is as added nuisance to an already stressful hobby.
Just not feeling it.