* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Night Trap CE/SE [Switch], Magicka 2 [PS4], Observer [PS4] on July 6th! VA-11 HALL-A still in stock.

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#19471 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10981 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Calling it now: the world is gonna end on Sept 6 simply because the universe doesn't want me getting S&S. 

Your internet is going to die

#19472 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2264 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

If I want to claim a free game reward using tickets, how does that work?  I understand I have to mail them in but what if I want other games with my order?  For example, could I claim Rabi Ribi with my tickets and tell them I also want Phantom Breaker and they will place the order for me?  Or do I have to try and enter a promo code for the free game and place the order myself?  Thanks.

#19473 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5784 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:15 PM

If I want to claim a free game reward using tickets, how does that work?  I understand I have to mail them in but what if I want other games with my order?  For example, could I claim Rabi Ribi with my tickets and tell them I also want Phantom Breaker and they will place the order for me?  Or do I have to try and enter a promo code for the free game and place the order myself?  Thanks.

You send in the tickets and then they will e-mail you upon receipt to confirm what game you want.  The tickets have to be received before the sale date so they can set a copy aside for you.  You cannot add other games to your order (although they will ship them together if you have another recent order).  

#19474 katamaris4ever   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

katamaris4ever

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:23 PM

Just got an email for a 10% discount on Night Trap Switch.

If you bought the PS4 version, keep a lookout for the email.

Really great idea to incentivize double dipping since a lot of people will be. Hopefully you can retroactively apply this to your order if you already placed it

Got this one too, though it's locked to individual orders, so no code sharing. Might be an incentive for me to get a Switch copy soon!

#19475 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

wow all Junk until Salt n Sanct comes out. Sigh.

#19476 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10981 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:23 AM

wow all Junk until Salt n Sanct comes out. Sigh.

NKGATF6.gif

I don't see how Phantom Breaker is junk

#19477 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6270 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:59 AM

I don't see how Phantom Breaker is junk

Yeah, I don't see most of LRG titles as junk, but this is the junk thread after all. The games are mobile junk, overpriced and crap but the same people who think so are here daily to state as much. Why someone would frequent this thread when it's 95% of nothing their interested in says it all. 

#19478 srocky26  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

He comes in here after pretty much all announcements and says they’re all crap except game X.

#19479 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

Yeah, I don't see most of LRG titles as junk, but this is the junk thread after all. The games are mobile junk, overpriced and crap but the same people who think so are here daily to state as much. Why someone would frequent this thread when it's 95% of nothing their interested in says it all.

I noticed that as well. Constantly dissing/hating what LRG does yet always here with their 2 cent comments. Anyways August is going to be very expensive for me and I would be interested to see how many of these will get CE/LE.

#19480 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6270 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

I noticed that as well. Constantly dissing/hating what LRG does yet always here with their 2 cent comments. Anyways August is going to be very expensive for me and I would be interested to see how many of these will get CE/LE.

Well, based on recent trends, I would say most of them(if not all). LOL

Even the ones recently I wanted, I had to pass on most, as the funds required became to much. I'm actually gearing up today to start thinning out some of my Vita CE from other makers. I'm keeping the LRG ones for now, as those are the only versions of certain Vita titles that I have, so until I can replace some with standard versions, I'm holding off on those for now. 

I can already see how busy the lead up to next March is going to be, so I'm preparing now. Getting rid of stuff I know there is no chance in hell I'll ever get around to playing. But I do this type of purge pretty regularly, as none of my collections ever last indefinitely.

#19481 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8647 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

That's not a bad idea. I'm getting rid of some games I got through blind boxes (bad idea on my part) and maybe one more I just don't feel interested in. Also culling stuff from my mass collection of books and culled my comics as well (just not into comics anymore....though I do read an occasional graphic novel).

#19482 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6270 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

That's not a bad idea. I'm getting rid of some games I got through blind boxes (bad idea on my part) and maybe one more I just don't feel interested in. 

Yeah, good luck with that, as I've had my copy of One Way Heroics listed pretty much since I got it, and it's still here. LOL I've probably already paid the $30 I'm asking for it in fees, but I did OK with Octodad, so that makes it slightly better(but not by much).

#19483 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8647 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Haha yeah likely going to ebay La Mulana, Dariusburst, and Runner2. Not bad games, but I own them elsewhere, though I may keep the Dariusburst, but I would prefer the PS4 version.

#19484 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11306 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:14 PM

Since some people consider most of the upcoming releases junk, I decided to check the Metacritic scores for each title.  Let's see...judge for yourself.

Thumper PS4 - 84%

Thumper Switch - 85%

Hue PS4 - 77%

Hue Vita - n/a

Exile's End PS4 - 63%

Exile's End Vita - 46%

Everspace PS4 - 78%

West of Loathing Switch - 85%

Phantom Breaker PS4 - 72%

Phantom Breaker Switch - 69%

Rabi Ribi PS4 - 80%

Rabi Ribi Vita - n/a

Senran Kagura BA Vita - 61%

Salt and Sanctuary PS4 - 84%

Salt and Sanctuary Vita - n/a

#19485 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6270 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Yesterday, 02:31 PM

Damn, I guess Exile's End should only be bought for the PS4 uh? I'm used to a few point's difference mostly for the smaller screen and or lesser performance, but that's a pretty big divide across the two.

Damn, I'm surprised Thumper's score isn't higher. For a game I have no interest in, I've seen tons of reviews, all of which couldn't stop drooling over the game. They almost made me want to buy it, as they where all so excited about that title.

As for Senran Kagura BA, it's got cooking, rhythm and tits. 61% doesn't begin to cover the splendor that is that game, and anyone really familiar with that title, will be getting this physical no questions asked. LOL

#19486 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:08 PM

Since some people consider most of the upcoming releases junk, I decided to check the Metacritic scores for each title. Let's see...judge for yourself.

Thumper PS4 - 84%
Thumper Switch - 85%

Hue PS4 - 77%
Hue Vita - n/a

Exile's End PS4 - 63%
Exile's End Vita - 46%

Everspace PS4 - 78%

West of Loathing Switch - 85%

Phantom Breaker PS4 - 72%
Phantom Breaker Switch - 69%

Rabi Ribi PS4 - 80%
Rabi Ribi Vita - n/a

Senran Kagura BA Vita - 61%

Salt and Sanctuary PS4 - 84%
Salt and Sanctuary Vita - n/a

Literally one person said that here, so let's not pretend there was more than that 😂😂. Metacritic is a crap shoot and I wouldn't take the the numbers too seriously.

Thumper, Phantom Breaker, Rabi Ribi, and S&S are all great. SK:BA is more niche and not a lot of the general public give the games a chance. Can't speak on West of Loathing or Everspace, but Hue is neat little puzzle platformer. Finally Exile's End is not a bad game if you're into metroidvania. The most frustrating thing about the game is that it doesn't give you any direction of where to go next (no markers on the world map, no stated objective in pause menu) so it can be hard to figure out your next step. Once you do though it's pretty fluid.

#19487 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11306 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:03 PM

Damn, I guess Exile's End should only be bought for the PS4 uh? I'm used to a few point's difference mostly for the smaller screen and or lesser performance, but that's a pretty big divide across the two.

Damn, I'm surprised Thumper's score isn't higher. For a game I have no interest in, I've seen tons of reviews, all of which couldn't stop drooling over the game. They almost made me want to buy it, as they where all so excited about that title.

As for Senran Kagura BA, it's got cooking, rhythm and tits. 61% doesn't begin to cover the splendor that is that game, and anyone really familiar with that title, will be getting this physical no questions asked. LOL

Don't put too much stock in the Exile's End Vita score.  Its based on only 4 reviews (which may be their minimum before they actually give a score) and is kind of brought down by one review (at 25%).  The PS4 score is based on 15 reviews and consists of 13 mixed reviews (with one positive and one negative).  If you were going to get Exile's End and was leaning towards the Vita version I would still go with that as they are likely very similar.

#19488 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6270 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Yesterday, 05:28 PM

Don't put too much stock in the Exile's End Vita score.  Its based on only 4 reviews (which may be their minimum before they actually give a score) and is kind of brought down by one review (at 25%).  The PS4 score is based on 15 reviews and consists of 13 mixed reviews (with one positive and one negative).  If you were going to get Exile's End and was leaning towards the Vita version I would still go with that as they are likely very similar.

Thanks for the heads up, but yeah, that was a warning to others who may buy across both systems. So they could look in to it just incase performance was a problem. I figured the big difference could have been one review, as I've seen that happen many times over the years. I've also seen how that site doesn't include the proper reviews, even when they cover both systems in one review. So yeah, those numbers can be off pretty regularly, but I also figure most knew that as well.

I don't have a PS4, and I stopped buying LRG PS4 games after the 2-3 one, but have bought a few for titles the Vita didn't get. But that has mostly stopped, as now most of those PS4/Vita releases have now become PS4/NS releases. So I just buy for the NS where the Vita may not get the love. So yeah, I planned to get that title for the Vita anyways. So no problem, as I've done it 100% to this point, so no reason to stop now unless a game had some "broken" element, then of course I would look elsewhere.

#19489 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3462 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Yea, would also be relevant to put the number of reviews next to the scores, but it's still interesting to look at.

#19490 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36523 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:27 PM

Don’t take that Metascore for Exile’s End for Vita seriously—I played it to 100% recently and enjoyed it more than I expected to.

#19491 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10981 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

I wouldn't put too much faith on Metascore. I rather look up individual reviews

#19492 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Metacritic is the last place I check. Rather put faith in youtubers like CornShaq.