* * * - - 48 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#33991 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1949 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:05 PM

#33992 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1949 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:06 PM

#33993 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   2161 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:11 PM

Asdivine Saga on PS4 & PS5 hits Limited Run Friday. PS5 will be open pre-order and PS4 copies are LIMITED.

Is that typical these days?  I thought everything was an open pre-order that wasn't a distribution print?

#33994 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38863 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:33 PM

Is that typical these days?  I thought everything was an open pre-order that wasn't a distribution print?

I've noticed most Kemco RPGs from LRG in the past year have been open-preorder on PS5 but limited on PS4.

#33995 LimitedRunDoug  

LimitedRunDoug

Posted 29 November 2022 - 10:40 PM

The demand on PS4 is a lot lower than it used to be and we are seeing more people opt for PS5 or Switch.

So in order to get the games in hand faster we've been trying to do limited on PS4 and just adjusting per release if the demand is high which so far we've been fairly on point. Now that PS5's are a bit easier to find more people want PS5. PS5 is also good for a lot of people to start fresh on collecting.

#33996 SeafoamGaming  

SeafoamGaming

Posted 29 November 2022 - 11:01 PM

I think of all LRG numbered games this may be the most tempting one since the first Valis collection, mainly since the Physical XBO version is borked with achievements and Switch seems to be the most polished one... I'll keep an eye on VGP for this one for sure. Good get!

#33997 guy3467  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 11:20 PM

The demand on PS4 is a lot lower than it used to be and we are seeing more people opt for PS5 or Switch.

So in order to get the games in hand faster we've been trying to do limited on PS4 and just adjusting per release if the demand is high which so far we've been fairly on point. Now that PS5's are a bit easier to find more people want PS5. PS5 is also good for a lot of people to start fresh on collecting.

Are you still going to support releasing physical Ps4 versions of games? Or are you going to transition to mostly Ps5? Since I only play & collect for Ps4 I worry about this. I was hoping you would support Ps4 way after everyone else stopped like you did Vita.

#33998 SeafoamGaming  

SeafoamGaming

Posted 30 November 2022 - 02:40 AM

According to Play Asia LRG geoblocked the release of Sol Cresta outside of Japan for their SEA release. 

https://www.reddit.c...cresta_listing/

I double checked Amazon JP and uh yeah, a friend who lives in Japan confirms he can buy it no prob but for me it's cockblocked

Coolio! No discount/ease of purchasing this version for me... Ebay of the US version it is months down the line.

EDIT: I am told that EU folk can import from Amazon JP still as well, but it's not showing up as buyable for me in the US.

#33999 LimitedRunDoug  

LimitedRunDoug

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:00 AM

According to Play Asia LRG geoblocked the release of Sol Cresta outside of Japan for their SEA release. 

https://www.reddit.c...cresta_listing/

I double checked Amazon JP and uh yeah, a friend who lives in Japan confirms he can buy it no prob but for me it's cockblocked

Coolio! No discount/ease of purchasing this version for me... Ebay of the US version it is months down the line.

EDIT: I am told that EU folk can import from Amazon JP still as well, but it's not showing up as buyable for me in the US.

Thought you were done? SDX is still LRG lol.

As far as what ACTUALLY happened is that version only had a license to sell to Asia. It wasn’t allowed to be imported. If EU can get it it’s some failing on the lock on Amazon and I’m not surprised.

Like always it’s not a conspiracy or a “block” it was literally per the agreement and we already did ours which didn’t have that restriction so we didn’t see an issue with it. SDX products are supposed to be for Asia but not Playasia ;)

#34000 Tothoro  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:35 AM

72l9tg.jpg

#34001 LimitedRunDoug  

LimitedRunDoug

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:37 AM

I posted this on Reddit

Let me break it down. If a standard agreement is at X% in North America and favors the dev more but in Japan the agreement is Y% and favors the publisher more due to how retail/logistics work in Japan and I sold said product to a region that was not agreed to I am circumventing the agreements which I also don’t have the legal right to do to exploit the percentages in my favor possibly. The rule was we could sell an Asian version but it needed to stay in Asia. ‍♂

#34002 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2284 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:19 AM

So.... what's going on with the 2023 New Years blow out sale?  I figure there will be PS5 blind boxes this time around?

#34003 Tothoro  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:26 AM

International business is messy and the games industry has a bunch of weird terms and conditions, I get it. But regardless of the rationale, geo-blocked releases are the result.

I am curious to see whether this becomes a trend, though. Asia's probably not that big of a market for LRG, but when the EU branch gets going is that going to result in US/ESRB releases no longer being available to the EU? Or would that be something LRG pushes back on harder when reviewing/approving contracts since there's a bigger existing customerbase?

#34004 LimitedRunDoug  

LimitedRunDoug

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:48 AM

International business is messy and the games industry has a bunch of weird terms and conditions, I get it. But regardless of the rationale, geo-blocked releases are the result.

I am curious to see whether this becomes a trend, though. Asia's probably not that big of a market for LRG, but when the EU branch gets going is that going to result in US/ESRB releases no longer being available to the EU? Or would that be something LRG pushes back on harder when reviewing/approving contracts since there's a bigger existing customerbase?

Depends on the partner. Most of the time it’s nat an issue until it involves Japan or Asia as a whole.

#34005 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 30 November 2022 - 01:53 PM

Forever Limited Games is doing physical versions of the Front Mission 1st Remake. Unsure if there is going to be an NTSC release yet. At least nothing has been shown as of yet...

#34006 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   2161 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 02:04 PM

Back to '99 with region locking content arbitrarily. (I know it never went away).

Love how much benefit modern copyright benefits the customer!

Is "Forever Limited" a reliable lot? I've never heard of them. I want a physical copy of that game, for sure.

#34007 krzysio87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 02:49 PM

Back to '99 with region locking content arbitrarily. (I know it never went away).

Love how much benefit modern copyright benefits the customer!

Is "Forever Limited" a reliable lot? I've never heard of them. I want a physical copy of that game, for sure.

It's the publishing arm for Forever Entertainment, the game's developer. They're based in Poland and the shipping is 26 euro unfortunately.

#34008 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   4083 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 02:58 PM

Most of Forever Limited releases have gotten a stateside release. I would assume that Front Mission Remake will also get releases in NA.  I'm going to be keeping a close watch on this because I would like to own this game physically for Switch.

If I have to import it I will.

#34009 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 03:03 PM

I know this is an impossibility... but with the long wait times, it would be awesome if Limited Run could somehow include a digital version for the platform purchased. Would definitely make the wait incredibly less stressful and annoying.

I guess it would never work logistically since there are costs involved for technically a "second" copy of the game, but I can dream.

#34010 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 03:19 PM

For Front Mission, it's Forever Entertainment which means it'll be discounted a lot within the first year for the digital version.  If I get it, I'll likely just go digital if it turns out good.

#34011 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 30 November 2022 - 03:36 PM

Most of Forever Limited releases have gotten a stateside release. I would assume that Front Mission Remake will also get releases in NA.  I'm going to be keeping a close watch on this because I would like to own this game physically for Switch.

If I have to import it I will.

Agreed, I'm tempted by that Limited version though...

#34012 SeafoamGaming  

SeafoamGaming

Posted 30 November 2022 - 03:50 PM

Also knowing FE it’ll be ported elsewhere with bug fixes later so I’ll just see if it handles well on steam deck… and if the remake is good. Kinda stunned it dropped with little notice or fanfare

#34013 nagpo  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:56 PM

Got my catlateral damage for the switch. It was a nice box with good inner art. The "manual" is long, but it actually has little info about the game. Just some insight on the creators cat which was i guess the inspiration of the game and the staffs cats. The last page has pictures of the playable cats. Mine was slightly bent

#34014 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   2161 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 10:13 PM

Not to steal Redrum' s thunder, but holy crap.  More of this, Doug.  Print those rare games as distribution titles!

F in the chat for those holding onto $300 Super Rare copies as "investments."

#34015 Tothoro  

Posted 30 November 2022 - 11:01 PM

I know this is an impossibility... but with the long wait times, it would be awesome if Limited Run could somehow include a digital version for the platform purchased. Would definitely make the wait incredibly less stressful and annoying.

I guess it would never work logistically since there are costs involved for technically a "second" copy of the game, but I can dream.

They've done this with their highest tier of CE for a few WayForward games, so I'm assuming it's up to the developer. Like you mentioned though, it can be a hard sell - if everyone gets a digital copy a decent amount of people are just going to hawk them on the secondhand market for a discount and eliminate other potential sales. In recent memory I've seen it happen with Tales of Arise and Neptunia X Senran Kagura when those codes were distributed to compensate for delay of the physical editions.

#34016 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 01 December 2022 - 09:13 AM

Again, I missed out on the vinyl sale. I could've ordered the one I wanted but slept on it and when I woke up it was sold out.

#34017 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 01 December 2022 - 04:52 PM

https://twitter.com/...NL3uQ_tgS_2yRdg

Not to steal Redrum' s thunder, but holy crap. More of this, Doug. Print those rare games as distribution titles!

100% reason I’ll never plunk down more than a little over the original price on these. There’s nothing legally stopping any of these companies from switching the release format, providing a release in a different region, or even just straight up reprinting.

Those Star Wars double-title releases were the best thing to happen to my spending habits. That’s where I really put the breaks on not just LRG but limited print titles generally.

Still waiting for the day Shantae and Pirate’s Curse gets an Asia release or some other reprint when WayForward decides they need more money.

#34018 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   927 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 01 December 2022 - 05:51 PM

100% reason I’ll never plunk down more than a little over the original price on these. There’s nothing legally stopping any of these companies from switching the release format, providing a release in a different region, or even just straight up reprinting.

This and future reprints will hopefully teach people paying big wads of dough for bragging rights that as long as the system is getting new games, any game for those systems can get more copies made. It's incredibly foolish to pay more than retail. A perfect example is Xenoblade 2 Torna. How many people ate shit paying $150 for that?

The "muh investments" types can get tossed. If Doug & Co can negotiate a reprint of anything worth over $100, fucking go for it. If you can contract up Godzilla for PS4, you may invoke an F5 hurricane of pissing and moaning which may cause the reddit game collecting sub to collapse into itself.

#34019 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:15 PM

This and future reprints will hopefully teach people paying big wads of dough for bragging rights that as long as the system is getting new games, any game for those systems can get more copies made. It's incredibly foolish to pay more than retail. A perfect example is Xenoblade 2 Torna. How many people ate shit paying $150 for that?

The "muh investments" types can get tossed. If Doug & Co can negotiate a reprint of anything worth over $100, fucking go for it. If you can contract up Godzilla for PS4, you may invoke an F5 hurricane of pissing and moaning which may cause the reddit game collecting sub to collapse into itself.

The only thing more foolish to invest in than video games, particularly current-gen video games, is crypto.

#34020 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   25044 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:28 PM

Not to steal Redrum' s thunder, but holy crap.  More of this, Doug.  Print those rare games as distribution titles!

Haven't all these limited companies basically made that clear, even from the get go? That their print would be a one off, but there's nothing stopping another company from doing their own run?