* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive SE/CE [PS4], Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds SE/CE [Vita], Late Shift [PS4] on Aug.10

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#16921 Tothoro  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

I considered getting the CE, but I'm trying to cut back on the number of CEs I buy. Too much cool stuff, not enough space, and my wallet appreciates it as well. It is a really cool CE, though I'm not as sentimentally attached to Oddworld as some.. Hope my lack of buying one enabled someone who legitimately wanted one to get one.

Damn i ordered 2 Oddworlds by accident not seeing that they limited it to 1 for the pm batch. Is there any way I can cancel 1 so i don’t cance the whole order?

You can open a support ticket - limitedrungames.freshdesk.com

#16922 Jurai  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:06 PM

Doug said you can submit a ticket to be put on the waitlist for extra copies if you want to take the gamble https://limitedrunga...om/support/home

#16923 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11377 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:06 PM

Also, it is interesting to note that shipping was actually cheaper when I ordered the CE and other 3 releases in two separate orders ($5.50 shipping for each order) as opposed to having all the games in one order ($12.50 shipping for all in one order), like I had before the CE was removed from my morning order.

#16924 Jurai  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

I got a paypal error telling me that I've been inactive for too long. This happened 4 times (with multiple sign ins and outs) and by the time I had switched browsers it was too late. Fucking brilliant.

yeah I never rely on paypal if you're gonna be ordering something that requires rapid checkout

#16925 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4550 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:11 PM

yeah I never rely on paypal if you're gonna be ordering something that requires rapid checkout

It's weird, though, because I've been doing this since SMRPG using Paypal, two tabs open, sign in 5 minutes beforehand, etc, and this is the first time I've ever had anything like this happen.

#16926 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11377 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

How bad do you want Oddworld??  $200 bundle is still available!

#16927 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

CE went live 10 seconds before 6 for me. Just got that one since I was afraid going for the vanilla in addition to the CE might result in me getting neither. I really love that CE and wanted it bad. Whew! This is easily the closest call I've had in not getting a game. Got Metronomicon plus soundtrack and Vita Revenant Saga this morning. Looking forward to playing all three games.

#16928 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11377 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

CE went live 10 seconds before 6 for me. Just got that one since I was afraid going for the vanilla in addition to the CE might result in me getting neither. I really love that CE and wanted it bad. Whew! This is easily the closest call I've had in not getting a game. Got Metronomicon plus soundtrack and Vita Revenant Saga this morning. Looking forward to playing all three games.

Yeah this was definitely the closest I've come to ever missing a release from LRG.  Still think it was a little shitty to include 500 copies (of the 2000 total) of the CE in a bundle with a bunch of other stuff that not many people wanted.  And it was definitely shitty to limit the CE to 2 per order in the bigger morning batch.

Bundle is now sold out finally, too.

Be sure to sign up for the CE waiting list now if you are still interested.

#16929 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

Yeah this was definitely the closest I've come to ever missing a release from LRG.  Still think it was a little shitty to include 500 copies (of the 2000 total) of the CE in a bundle with a bunch of other stuff that not many people wanted.  And it was definitely shitty to limit the CE to 2 per order in the bigger morning batch.

Bundle is now sold out finally, too.

Be sure to sign up for the CE waiting list now if you are still interested.

I have been very supportive of LRG and the way they have handled things since their inception, even when other people were giving them a lot of grief. This is one of the very few times I think they really messed up. Hopefully in the future when it comes to popular franchises they put a limit of one copy per person from the onset or they make more copies. Not only is Oddworld a popular franchise, but that CE is totally kick ass.

#16930 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

It's weird, though, because I've been doing this since SMRPG using Paypal, two tabs open, sign in 5 minutes beforehand, etc, and this is the first time I've ever had anything like this happen.

this happened to me when i was trying to purchase night trap. iirc the fix at the time was to clear your browsers cache to prevent it from happening again.

#16931 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:10 AM

It's funny, I was scrambling this morning to get Metronomicon, and when I came to the forum afterwards and saw all the posts about a game being sold out, I thought that was the game people were talking about.  It wouldn't even have entered my mind that everyone was going bonkers over Oddworld.

#16932 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8733 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

Got the line thing when trying to order....already knew my order was doomed. I'll just go play Munch's Odyssey on the PS3, since it was a free PS+ game a while back.

#16933 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:23 AM

I got a paypal error telling me that I've been inactive for too long. This happened 4 times (with multiple sign ins and outs) and by the time I had switched browsers it was too late. Fucking brilliant.

should switched to Amazon Pay

#16934 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9864 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

I only wanted the CE for the can but I guess my booty sweat and slurm will sit alone.

#16935 adam81  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:28 AM

Got the line thing when trying to order....already knew my order was doomed. I'll just go play Munch's Odyssey on the PS3, since it was a free PS+ game a while back.

PS3 version is better anyway and I have it as well. I had the line thing, but was able to get one.

#16936 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7101 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:38 AM

Summary of today's events:

It's funny, I was scrambling this morning to get Metronomicon, and when I came to the forum afterwards and saw all the posts about a game being sold out, I thought that was the game people were talking about.  It wouldn't even have entered my mind that everyone was going bonkers over Oddworld.

It comes with a soda can. 

#16937 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

*Sigh*

Was just going to grab a standard copy of Oddworld but I spaced on the morning sale, realized it and told myself I'll just catch the evening one.  Then did the exact same thing for that as well.  No one to blame but myself really but...

Damn you Monster Hunter World and your addictive nature.  I sat there and played for 12 hours straight without realizing it.  Hell if it weren't for noticing I missed the sale I wouldn't even be entirely sure what day it is now.

#16938 MunkichioO   Lurker... o.o CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

MunkichioO

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

... wow... theres still copies of metronomicon and that kemco rpg on a saturday...

#16939 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6386 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

... wow... theres still copies of metronomicon and that kemco rpg on a saturday...

This is normal, as most titles last to Sunday or Monday in most cases. Nothing surprising about this at all, now if Oddworld was still in stock, that would be a different story.

#16940 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8733 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

I just refuse to buy Kemco games knowing they are so cheap on Android and seem to get bundled on PC quickly enough. At least this one has a platinum I believe, which I would have bought with the Oddworld.

#16941 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11377 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

So I have like 5 open orders now, not including Skullgirls.  What happened to these shipping update emails we were supposed to be getting occasionally?  Screen Cheat/The Bit Trip was supposed to ship in February and that is not looking good now.

#16942 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

Got a notice that Skullgirls vita will be shipping this week, which means my bundle will finally arrive.

tenor.gif

#16943 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

Got a notice that Skullgirls vita will be shipping this week, which means my bundle will finally arrive.

tenor.gif

OMG! I didnt believe it until i saw the email as well. Glad im finally getting Skullgirls

#16944 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6386 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

What are the chances we all get a few extra rewards tickets or trading cards for the slight delay? LOL

#16945 Chandler_Dong   Banned Banned   79 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Chandler_Dong

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

What are the chances we all get a few extra rewards tickets or trading cards for the slight delay? LOL

That cuts into LRG profits

#16946 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9864 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

So I have like 5 open orders now, not including Skullgirls.  What happened to these shipping update emails we were supposed to be getting occasionally?  Screen Cheat/The Bit Trip was supposed to ship in February and that is not looking good now.

Nobody has been putting them on blast lately...

#16947 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

"youll eventually get your shit."

#16948 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6386 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

"youll eventually get your shit."

This never gets old! LOL

#16949 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

This never gets old! LOL

I should copyright and trademark that before they can. 

I'd still let them use it, after paying a royalty of one copy of each release going forward. 

#16950 Potatoeman  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

LRG still has a product update page and shipping page that gets updated..

https://limitedrunga...e-shipping-room

https://limitedrunga...duction-updates