* * * - - 36 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - RPG Masters of the Universe

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#91 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10750 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

Nuclear Throne? I'm going to have to buy that

#92 Equippt  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, these guys are killing it. Normally I wait for price drops on most games, but due to these being "limited", I have to get them when they launch. LRG will win most of my gaming funds this year by default. LOL

This. I've been setting aside a cash reserve just for these games. I've even held off on buying some games I actually want to play until we find out if they'll get the LRG treatment. *cough* Axiom Verge *cough*

#93 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7322 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:19 PM

This. I've been setting aside a cash reserve just for these games. I've even held off on buying some games I actually want to play until we find out if they'll get the LRG treatment. *cough* Axiom Verge *cough*

I was actually going to wait on Axiom myself, but since the Vita game took a year to show up, I bought it as I was tired of waiting. I was happy to support an indie title like this, and if they do happen to have a physical release, I'll double dip, no problem.

I played Axiom Verge for weeks solid, and I'm still playing after I finished it to find all the items. Awesome Game!

#94 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12904 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:45 PM

I was actually going to wait on Axiom myself, but since the Vita game took a year to show up, I bought it as I was tired of waiting. I was happy to support an indie title like this, and if they do happen to have a physical release, I'll double dip, no problem.

I played Axiom Verge for weeks solid, and I'm still playing after I finished it to find all the items. Awesome Game!

I have no problems with double dipping digital and physical on an indie title.  Did it with Shovel Knight with no regrets.

#95 Equippt  

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:52 AM

I have no problems with double dipping digital and physical on an indie title. Did it with Shovel Knight with no regrets.

I did the same thing with Shovel Knight. The money stash is supposed to be my new way of getting control over the backlog, but high quality titles from small development teams are my kryptonite. Doesn't get any smaller than one guy, eh? I'll probably break down and double dip on Axiom Verge, too. If it ever gets a physical release, that is. (Please, Mr. Happ/LRG!)

#96 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7322 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

I have no problems with double dipping digital and physical on an indie title.  Did it with Shovel Knight with no regrets.

I did the same thing with Shovel Knight. The money stash is supposed to be my new way of getting control over the backlog, but high quality titles from small development teams are my kryptonite. Doesn't get any smaller than one guy, eh? I'll probably break down and double dip on Axiom Verge, too. If it ever gets a physical release, that is. (Please, Mr. Happ/LRG!)

Damn, I double dipped on Shovel Knight as well, I guess I'm in good company uh? Or we all need severe help! LOL

I actually almost triple dipped on SK, but I held back on getting the digital Vita version. If they ever release a physical version there, I'll for sure have to get it.

#97 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11849 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:44 AM

Cant really blame the Axiom Verge dev for being slow on the Vita version.

He had a slew of health problems and there were several problems he had to deal with the code. Couldnt brute force it like other people can.

#98 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7322 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

Cant really blame the Axiom Verge dev for being slow on the Vita version.

He had a slew of health problems and there were several problems he had to deal with the code. Couldnt brute force it like other people can.

Actually, I believe Sony was supposed to provide a certain software that would have made the conversion possible, but since they had all but given up on the Vita by that point, he had to come up with a plan "B". So that is why I had no problems buying the Vita game day one, and I didn't even wait for the discount to go active. I wanted to give this guy all I could for actually getting the game done and having to deal with Sony and their BS!

#99 Giant_Gamer  

Giant_Gamer

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:55 AM

T-12 hours ! 

I'm exited, with my wallet willing to take the plunge. 

I'm aiming for one vita copy. so that shouldn't be too hard.

sent from my vita

#100 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21060 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:28 AM

I'm aiming for one vita copy. so that shouldn't be too hard.

It shouldn't be, even though it's a two copy per account limit release.

#101 dbaronjr  

dbaronjr

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:36 AM

Not sure if anyone here mentioned it, but LRG confirmed on their Twitter that the Octodad Bundle with the tie will be $44.99.

#102 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21060 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:48 AM

I wonder if the tie will actually be well made.

$20 for a nice tie isn't too bad. XD

#103 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4334 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:44 AM

$20 for a nice tie isn't too bad. XD

It'll be an ultra rare tie regardless of quality. I am just going for a Vita copy on this one, hope it's as easy as the last three were to order. 

#104 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11849 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

Don't want to pay an extra 20 for a tie. Will stick with the regular version

#105 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

I'm kind of thinking of getting the tie bundle and giving it to my dad as part of his father's day gift (maybe take a pic of it and add it to his card lol). He likes silly things like that, so I figured he'd get a kick out of it.
Probably just going to get a regular ps4 copy though.

#106 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7322 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

The tie is coming from Fangamer, and while I haven't ever order any clothing items from them, I have ordered just about everything else, and quality is always top shelf. So I don't really think quality will be an issue, but how LRG ships it may be. Their shipping/packaging leaves much to be desired.

Yeah, I think I'll be going for Vita only this go around as well. Getting a PS4 copy with a loose disc isn't worth the time, and the last time I order one of those $5 boxes, only to have it come bare ass with not so much as a piece of paper to keep items from slamming around. To pay $5 for a .50 box, with ZERO packing materials is really a bad deal to say the least.

#107 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12904 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

The tie is coming from Fangamer, and while I haven't ever order any clothing items from them, I have ordered just about everything else, and quality is always top shelf. So I don't really think quality will be an issue, but how LRG ships it may be. Their shipping/packaging leaves much to be desired.

Yeah, I think I'll be going for Vita only this go around as well. Getting a PS4 copy with a loose disc isn't worth the time, and the last time I order one of those $5 boxes, only to have it come bare ass with not so much as a piece of paper to keep items from slamming around. To pay $5 for a .50 box, with ZERO packing materials is really a bad deal to say the least.

That's kind of crazy that they wouldn't put any protection in the box to keep the game from moving around, especially considering it's mostly collectors ordering from them!

I'm definitely going for one each of the Vita and PS4 versions this time, and am now seriously considering getting one with the tie lol.  Guess I'll have an hour to decide!

#108 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21060 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

40 mins until the first batch is available.

#109 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6369 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

Pretty sure you don't understand how postage works.  The box might be cheap, but the second you ship a box rather than a bubbleope through USPS, your postage cost goes up significantly.  Also, from my perspective the box is a good deal as it's not the lack of padding that causes the discs to go loose.  In my experience, it's the pressure exerted when the shipper and delivery drivers stack bubbleopes and allow them to have significant weight placed on them.  For example, I regularly order PS4 games from Gamestop that come in those weird cardboard thin mailers and I have never had a loose disc, primarily because the cardboard ribs are rigid.  

On the other hand I have received many loose PS4 games from Best Buy and Amazon whenever they use a bubbleope.  I've only had one or two loose PS4 discs shipped in boxes and those all looked like they were crushed when the warehouse picked them and placed other items or bins on top of them.  I just don't think it's the jostling alone that causes the discs to float, it's the pressure that releases the hold ring combined with sharp movements.

People can do what they want, but I have a near complete US PS4 collection at this point and all but a few of them were purchased online and I personally think the box is worth it.  

#110 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

I've gotten all the games so far (well, at least one per console, I don't double dip) and I'm super nervous about the next two coming up. Octodad shouldn't be too hard to get since there are so many but Lost and Sea, Xeodrifter and Soldner have such low numbers I'm kinda scared.

I've gotten all the others without an issue, but I know the vita ones go way quicker. I guess I have the second round if I miss out but ugh it scares me lol. 

#111 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7322 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

Pretty sure you don't understand how postage works.  The box might be cheap, but the second you ship a box rather than a bubbleope through USPS, your postage cost goes up significantly. 

Um, I'm pretty sure I do. I mail 100's of packages a month(close to 1000's annually), so unless someone here ships more than that, I doubt seriously anyone here can explain shipping to me. The difference in cost for either the box or bubble mailers is a difference of a few ounces at most, and in some cases cost the same.

The box they uses was very small, and didn't weigh much more, so the difference in price in an extreme worst case would have been $1, and that is being extremely generous. So as I stated before, charging what they did for a box, with no packing supplies at all, is bogus.

Now don't get me wrong, I love what these guys are doing, and support them greatly, but wrong is wrong. Maybe my box was an isolated situation, but since it happened, I'm not wasting the $5 again.

EDIT: And for the record, I just did a test on on a PS3 game(I don't own any PS4 ones), and the bubble mailer has a shipping weight of 4oz, and the box I used which is about double the size they used, is 7oz. The bubble mailer cost $2.64 for first class, and the box with proper packing peanuts is $3.21 for first class.

So as I already stated, with their box, the weight wouldn't have changed much, and you can see the difference in cost. Which I calculated from my location in Vegas, to the east cost. Those that live closer to them, the shipping would be cheaper still.

#112 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

In for a tie + PS4 copy and a Vita copy. 

EDIT: And done. 

#113 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

painless....

#114 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

Octodad is live.  Gogogo!

#115 new1   Cyber Sleuth in Training CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

In for one original vita copy!

#116 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21060 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

First batch of Vita is almost gone.

#117 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4334 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Got my Octodad!

#118 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12904 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

Easiest order experience from them yet!  Passed on the tie this time but who knows I may get that itch later today lol.

#119 draco259  

draco259

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

Got the Vita + tie copy.... Now to decide if I even want to keep the order >_<

#120 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

Wow! Vita down to less than 25% in under 5 minutes.