* * * - - 32 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - RPG Masters of the Universe

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#25021 Tothoro  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

Just got an email about Celeste from LRG. They say standard editions will start shipping in October with CEs to follow in Mid-October. I'm skeptical, but we'll see I suppose.

#25022 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

I really like the LRG cover of Celeste but I guess I have to go with BBY for a copy. People are selling them for insane prices on eBay...$500+ for the CE? Hmmm.

#25023 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12643 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

I really like the LRG cover of Celeste but I guess I have to go with BBY for a copy. People are selling them for insane prices on eBay...$500+ for the CE? Hmmm.

I believe the Celeste CE was one of the quickest sellouts ever at LRG, which was a little surprising because I remember people complaining about the contents at the time.  Still, that price is indeed insane.

#25024 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12643 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:40 PM

Lol, LRG is doing a CE for Duck Game!

#25025 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

Lol, LRG is doing a CE for Duck Game!

Not surprised as they literally do a CE for every game they produce anymore.

#25026 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:50 PM

LRG f'd up. Josh probably said "go sign the goose game" and Doug signed Duck Game instead of Untitled Goose Game.

#25027 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

Not surprised as they literally do a CE for every game they produce anymore.

Cash is king and profit isn’t a dirty word brotato

#25028 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20888 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:33 AM

LRG f'd up. Josh probably said "go sign the goose game" and Doug signed Duck Game instead of Untitled Goose Game.

So what you're saying is that Josh sent Doug on a wild goose chase?

source.gif

#25029 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2695 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:07 AM

I wish LRG would have been clearer about Celeste being complete before the preorder ended. All we knew was there was going to be DLC so that it looked like LRG's release wouldn't be complete which kept me and my friends from preordering. Generally, my view with games grom Iam8BIT and LRG is that if I'm going to pay a premium for a physical copy, it best be a complete on-disc release. Many of us didn't think Celeste would be ... until way after preorders closed.

Oh well. I guess there's the Best Buy copy but wanted it on PS4.

#25030 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12643 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:26 PM

Apparently Best Buy will be carrying copies of the Switch version of Duck Game, which is an interesting choice to carry.

Also, the PS4 version will be an open preorder.  LRG has stated that PS4 preorders tend to sell poor (especially those with Switch counterparts)  and I can't see this game doing much better.  That said, it will likely be one of the lowest print runs of any R1 PS4 game when all is said and done.  So if you intend on going for a full set eventually, you may want to get it now as it will likely be hard to find later.  Pure speculation, of course.

#25031 Evil_Gizmo  

Evil_Gizmo

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

I wish LRG would have been clearer about Celeste being complete before the preorder ended. All we knew was there was going to be DLC so that it looked like LRG's release wouldn't be complete which kept me and my friends from preordering. Generally, my view with games grom Iam8BIT and LRG is that if I'm going to pay a premium for a physical copy, it best be a complete on-disc release. Many of us didn't think Celeste would be ... until way after preorders closed.

Oh well. I guess there's the Best Buy copy but wanted it on PS4.

Manufacturing wasn't originally going to get delayed for the DLC because we didn't know about it's existence until pretty late in the process. Community feedback after the preorder closed led to the decision to delay manufacturing so that it could be included on the cart.

#25032 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:30 PM

Two games I'd buy if LRG licensed them for Physical release would be Pyre and JJ MacField.

#25033 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2695 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:51 AM

Manufacturing wasn't originally going to get delayed for the DLC because we didn't know about it's existence until pretty late in the process. Community feedback after the preorder closed led to the decision to delay manufacturing so that it could be included on the cart.

I'm aware and I'm certainly not suggesting anyone did consumers wrong
I do think though that given the late revelation, it would have been a pro customer gesture to reopen a limited window for those who didn't preorder because there was a lack of information about the final product.

Gamers are always advised never to preorder unless you know what you're getting. And in terms of these such physical releases where customers are particularly those who are about wanting complete disc games, that Celeste looked like it would be missing the final chapter was a dealbreaker. All my friends and I didn't bother with preorders because of that.

I'd suggest in the future that LRG be very clear what will be in the final product before closing preorders.

I'll add many og my friends also didn't preorder the power rangers game for the same exact reason.

#25034 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6487 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:45 AM

You can still get a physical copy of Celeste. Just preorder from Best Buy or  get it on ebay if you need the PS4 version. 

#25035 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:53 AM

You can still get a physical copy of Celeste. Just preorder from Best Buy or get it on ebay if you need the PS4 version.

Just be ready to pay 3x more lol

#25036 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2695 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:05 AM

Just be ready to pay 3x more lol

Nah. Would never pay that kind of premium to feed a scalper.

Never pay more than retail. No game for me is worth that.

#25037 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12643 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:55 PM

The excess Pax merchandise - such as the Snatcher case and the Shantae case - go up for sale at 10am EST today.  Gonna have to pass on all of them myself, too many actual games to buy this month.

#25038 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7212 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:57 PM

The excess Pax merchandise - such as the Snatcher case and the Shantae case - go up for sale at 10am EST today.  Gonna have to pass on all of them myself, too many actual games to buy this month.

I'm gonna try for Snatcher as a long time fan, but I really don't care if I get it or not, so if it's gone in seconds, no big deal.

#25039 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12643 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:04 PM

I'm gonna try for Snatcher as a long time fan, but I really don't care if I get it or not, so if it's gone in seconds, no big deal.

Seems like they have a decent amount as its not sold out yet.

#25040 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11362 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:04 PM

You can still get a physical copy of Celeste. Just preorder from Best Buy or  get it on ebay if you need the PS4 version. 

Bestbuy Pre-order Celeste. It's a complete version and all the DLC include Final Chapter on the cart? 

#25041 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12643 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:10 PM

Bestbuy Pre-order Celeste. It's a complete version and all the DLC include Final Chapter on the cart? 

It's complete until they announce an update to fix bugs in the Final Chapter DLC ;)

#25042 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:11 PM

I was able to get everything I wanted today - a copy of Planet of the Apes for PS4, a Shantae GB Box, and the Shantae Soundtrack. :)

#25043 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22835 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

Is there a reason the Pax West bundle's price went up from $119 to $127? I kinda wish I didn't get it because I thought it would be hard to get everything I wanted (Snatcher cassette and all the Shantae stuff) but looks like everything I wanted stayed in stock for quite a while... 

#25044 hohle  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:21 PM

They may have fixed it, but it seems like inventory was incorrect on the Shantae soundtrack for a while. I was able to add 2500 to my cart even though the listing says only 1,300 were made.

#25045 hohle  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:24 PM

Is there a reason the Pax West bundle's price went up from $119 to $127?

I noticed that too. I was going to go with the bundle since I wanted everything but the Vitamin Connection stuff and was willing to pay for the convenience of not missing something, but then the price was up this morning and everything but the bundle stayed in stock for at least 5 mins.

#25046 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

I got Planet of the Apes Last Frontier, Duck Game PS4 Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX PS4 I also got the Shantae 5 Opening Animation Project Soundtrack I didnt know it was more then 1 track I was thinking the cd was just the opening song 

#25047 Tothoro  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

Shipping/production updates since 8/30 below, changes in bold.

Spoiler

Of note:

• LRG has already shipped more games in September than they did in August (11 SKUs in September to-date, 10 in August)
  • Celeste finally gor a date of October.
  • LRG has 99 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 198k units of already-sold product.This is up three SKUs from two weeks ago.
  • Last year, in Q3/Q4 LRG wasn't able to get their games pushed through Sony's production process due to a lot of other big name games being released and needing that factory time. I expect the same to happen this year, which will only compound the delays.
  • LRG lists over 20 games as shipping now or shipping soon, if their current pace keeps up that will take them through October to ship out (not including items listed as September/October). I believe everything in this category is stuff they have on hand so hopefully the pace picks up, but I would interpret anything listed as September for October/November and so on if you're trying to figure out when you'll get your items.

#25048 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

Seems like they have a decent amount as its not sold out yet.

Of course it was easy to get but I was too busy at work to make an order... anger

#25049 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:49 PM

#25050 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4950 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:09 PM

"the RPG masters at Kemco."

Yeah, no, sure, totally, yup. >_>