* * * - - 35 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - RPG Masters of the Universe

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#25711 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:40 PM

I actually opened a ticket about this. If they give me the run around, then I might tell them to Fuck off and cancel it. I got it as a Christmas gift and a CE for myself, was kinda surprised it was sold out immediately after I checked out though. Didn't think it would be this popular ha.

While on the subject, they say it can take 1-3 months from initial sale. Does this mean they'll still only start shipping a month AFTER they close pre-orders or will they ship it (hopefully) around a month later from today? Otherwise, this whole Christmas gift situation might not work regardless.

the way LRG works you will not get it before Christmas you will be lucky if you get it by valentines

#25712 Tothoro  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:40 PM

I actually opened a ticket about this. If they give me the run around, then I might tell them to Fuck off and cancel it. I got it as a Christmas gift and a CE for myself, was kinda surprised it was sold out immediately after I checked out though. Didn't think it would be this popular ha.

While on the subject, they say it can take 1-3 months from initial sale. Does this mean they'll still only start shipping a month AFTER they close pre-orders or will they ship it (hopefully) around a month later from today? Otherwise, this whole Christmas gift situation might not work regardless.

Based on the current shipping queue, it will likely be March next year at the earliest unless it gets prioritized in the queue like RCG/Celeste/Jak. I keep a running tally every two weeks of the shipping backlog, it was at 112 SKUs as of last week and their shipping velocity is 15-20 a month (which will likely decrease as the shipping folks take holiday time off).

#25713 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12904 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:43 PM

No way you're getting that by Christmas.  My guess is the Feb/March time frame.

#25714 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14683 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

Thanks, I was worried about as much and had already accepted it was probably too tight of a window so I'll repurpose into birthday or something. I've only bought from them once before but that was when they were still in their like teens for game numbers I think and don't recall the experience. They sound like fucking assholes from their FAQs though.

#25715 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

Too generous... probably by the summer though.

#25716 adam81  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:27 PM

What was the shipping on Jak X CE? 

#25717 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

marineal

Are we sure Best Buy is gonna sell Blasphemous PS4/Switch?

#25718 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The jak CE extra was like a box thing that went around all the CE and bound them together I thought. I don't think I'm making that up.

#25719 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3689 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

Are we sure Best Buy is gonna sell Blasphemous PS4/Switch?

Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk.

This is on the bottom of the Switch page only, so they probably won't get the PS4 version.

#25720 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

Does Blaphemous for PS4 run any better than the Switch version (I only ask because I heard one of the Bloodstained games runs terrible on Switch but is fine on Ps4).  I am trying to determine which is the better version.

When its cross platform always buy the ps4 version over the switch. Unless a switch is the only way you can play a game at all.

Switch is fine for first party titles or the occasional exclusive but Id never buy a cross platform title for mine. It has the weakest hardware, the worst online experince and in general less developer support. Not to mention games in general tend to cost more on it.

#25721 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2483 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:17 PM

the way LRG works you will not get it before Christmas you will be lucky if you get it by valentines

Based on the current shipping queue, it will likely be March next year at the earliest unless it gets prioritized in the queue like RCG/Celeste/Jak. I keep a running tally every two weeks of the shipping backlog, it was at 112 SKUs as of last week and their shipping velocity is 15-20 a month (which will likely decrease as the shipping folks take holiday time off).

Too generous... probably by the summer though.

Guys, calm down. He meant Christmas 2020. The title will get there in plenty of time.

#25722 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:01 PM

The jak CE extra was like a box thing that went around all the CE and bound them together I thought. I don't think I'm making that up.

Did some googling... the info at launch was for a Jak 4 mockup box.

Maybe you are thinking of another game/series?

#25723 hedliniv   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

hedliniv

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:47 PM

Quick question for the experts Fairy Fencer F for the Switch....

today is the last day to officially "pre-order" but I thought I saw something somewhere that there will be additional copies available later and I wanted to try to save on shipping (I am planning on grabbing the Mary Skelter) 

Anyone have insight if that is the case? 

Will either of these releases be available through Best Buy?

#25724 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2412 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:05 PM

Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk.

This is on the bottom of the Switch page only, so they probably won't get the PS4 version.

aww wtf. They had that same thing written on the ps4 web page. Those lazy asses just copied & pasted the information AGAIN. Really wanted to pickup the ps4 version at bestbuy.

#25725 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:10 PM

Quick question for the experts Fairy Fencer F for the Switch....

today is the last day to officially "pre-order" but I thought I saw something somewhere that there will be additional copies available later and I wanted to try to save on shipping (I am planning on grabbing the Mary Skelter) 

Anyone have insight if that is the case? 

Will either of these releases be available through Best Buy?

today is not the last for Fairy Fencer F for the Switch i don't see that listed anywhere they still have over 1400 copies left for sale on the site allso dont think it will be sold at bestbuy 

https://limitedrunga...eptember-switch

#25726 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:14 PM

aww wtf. They had that same thing written on the ps4 web page. Those lazy asses just copied & pasted the information AGAIN. Really wanted to pickup the ps4 version at bestbuy.

that is why you have to double check on the day the game go on sale that is when they fix things like that

#25727 hedliniv   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

hedliniv

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:14 PM

today is not the last for Fairy Fencer F for the Switch i don't see that listed anywhere they still have over 1400 copies left for sale on the site allso dont think it will be sold at bestbuy 

https://limitedrunga...eptember-switch

Thanks for the insight - I thought I had read it would be available for a 30 day window.  Obviously that is not the case.  I think I will run the risk and wait to order them both together.  Thank you for the reply!

#25728 Jurai  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:28 PM

Remember when LRG was preserving digital only games? Well now they preserve alternate cover art

#25729 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:38 PM

There isn't even much difference in the covers!

#25730 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:43 PM

Yeah... This is just silly. At least it's only a distributed game, and not one of their numbered releases. I can't imagine this selling well at all... I'm curious to know how small the print run ends up being.

#25731 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21059 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:44 PM

Remember when LRG was preserving digital only games? Well now they preserve alternate cover art

Summary of the LRG release experience right now.

source.gif

#25732 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:12 PM

idk about you guys but i'm pretty excited to see what new exclusive cover art they can cook up next year for the second anniversary rerelease

#25733 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2412 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:25 PM

what would of been cool if an online versus mode and/or local versus mode was added as dlc and it came on disc for this version

#25734 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

One of the selling points LRG made in a response on Twitter is that their release will include the latest patch. Um...thank you LRG?

#25735 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20002 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

One of the selling points LRG made in a response on Twitter is that their release will include the latest patch. Um...thank you LRG?

according to discord thats actually not 100% confirm

#25736 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

https://twitter.com/...8009908224?s=19

Milk that gravy train

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#25737 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:18 PM

#25738 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

#25739 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:32 PM

Tetris Effect is currently $20 new at BestBuy and Gamestop.  Not too bad a deal if it's your thing.   I can't remember what I saw on GS but BB had the option to buy it online.   it's nothing I want or need, but it's an option for those that maybe want a copy but don't care about the other stuff.

I think it's past time to let go of what LRG was planned to be back before Breach and Clear released on vita.  They've broken pretty much all of those plans and adjusted as a company and is currently something different.  Now they are just another publisher at this point except much slower in bringing things to market.  Maybe we can talk about the company without it seeming like some personal attack.  They are a business.  They have a large staff to support.  So they will continue to sell a lot of stuff to try and meet those demands.  We have a first with the second run of Night Trap.  We've had other stores selling games on LRG since the SRG partnership.   And digital games stopped being preserved around the time of Rainbow Moon when they shipped too close to launch and so didn't have patches and stuff.   They are a mass producer of limited print games now.   Really it was inevitable they'd lose that indie grass roots thing they had with Breach and Clear if they grew beyond the two man team... and of course that happened.  So we have reprints of common cheap classic console games and now a reprint of a regular retail release game.   Times change.  Your view of what the company is needs to adjust to see them as they are now not as how you wish they were.

#25740 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

haha... "Last chance ever to get it physically if it sells out everywhere."   That is just unbelievable.