* * * - - 37 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - RPG Masters of the Universe

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#25771 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2413 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

the issue for crusin mix was that the developers have multiple versions of the game on hand. one version being the base vanilla game and other versions with some or all dlc included on disc. Lrg advertised their standard game including some (3?) dlc contents on disc. While the CE versions would have ALL dlc on disc. Well there was a mixup in which game code the developer submitted to LRG/Sony(?) and the standard edition that was sold only contained 2(?) dlc contents on disc and was missing the promised 3rd dlc on disc. The CE version to my knowledge was correct and came with all dlc on disc.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong about anything. Thanks.

#25772 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2935 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

It's about games and nothing personal.  If you got burned with bait and switch stuff... which it seems like we all have to some degree... then it should just add a little pause before ordering something else.   At least with BB carrying most Switch games it makes it less risky to just wait and see what the final game ends up like before ordering.    Right now the main indie game I'm after is Cat Quest 2... but I'm hoping that gets a retail version like the first game.

#25773 Evil_Gizmo  

Evil_Gizmo

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:29 PM

Atari Classic was never supposed to come in a plastic box, it was always cardboard.

Cruisin max is missing dlc it should have had, we're waiting to receive new discs via Sony, there was some kind of hangup between the devs+Sony in getting those repressed. Once they've come in, we're shipping those out to everyone automatically.

RCG Best Buy cover sheet got mistakenly set to "in-hand" when standard copies of the games came in because we received loose regular covers for replacements and support thought we had received both the regular and the variant.

Bloodstained cards got misordered (haven't been able to identify if that was on our end, or with our manufacturer, but we got substantially less than we should have for that batch) we didn't find out until shipping realized they didn't have more boxes to pull from. Those should be coming in with our next batch of trading cards, so we'll be able to get those out to folks missing them. If you were missing them and haven't already opened a ticket, just send one in and we'll keep it open until we can send out card replacements.

#25774 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

Ay some presence here again! Nice to hear from you Giz. I think they have you handling reddit too don't they? I know it's a lot to keep up with but we do see and notice the effort. Thank you.

#25775 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2935 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

Updates like that which are just pure professional go a long way to helping ease minds.

#25776 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3489 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:10 PM

Atari Classic was never supposed to come in a plastic box, it was always cardboard.

Cruisin max is missing dlc it should have had, we're waiting to receive new discs via Sony, there was some kind of hangup between the devs+Sony in getting those repressed. Once they've come in, we're shipping those out to everyone automatically.

RCG Best Buy cover sheet got mistakenly set to "in-hand" when standard copies of the games came in because we received loose regular covers for replacements and support thought we had received both the regular and the variant.

Bloodstained cards got misordered (haven't been able to identify if that was on our end, or with our manufacturer, but we got substantially less than we should have for that batch) we didn't find out until shipping realized they didn't have more boxes to pull from. Those should be coming in with our next batch of trading cards, so we'll be able to get those out to folks missing them. If you were missing them and haven't already opened a ticket, just send one in and we'll keep it open until we can send out card replacements.

When are you going to fix Night Trap on Vita. Limited Run sold us a broken game and should be working with the developer to get a patch sorted and available for the people who bought this release on vita. How about on update to this issue. I haven't heard anything in months.

#25777 Madzane  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:35 PM

Thanks. I assumed I was the only person missing theirs and figured it wasn’t worth the hassle. Will definitely open a ticket.

#25778 Jurai  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

When are you going to fix Night Trap on Vita. Limited Run sold us a broken game and should be working with the developer to get a patch sorted and available for the people who bought this release on vita. How about on update to this issue. I haven't heard anything in months.

I don't think the dev has even finished the patch yet. Plus I'd be surprised if they allocated their final vita cart allotment to printing fixed copies

#25779 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

#25780 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

#25781 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3489 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:25 PM

I don't think the dev has even finished the patch yet. Plus I'd be surprised if they allocated their final vita cart allotment to printing fixed copies

I don't expect them to print fixed copies. I just want them to patch the game. They talked about a patch months ago and have been radio silent since the initial talk. Both the developer and Limited Run said a patch was being worked on. Since then we haven't heard a thing.

I don't understand how this version of the game even passed certification.

Its ridiculous at this point and only a few vocal people even talk about it and its always just ignored.

I would just like an update on the situation. Its frustrating.

#25782 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6371 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:54 PM

I don't expect them to print fixed copies. I just want them to patch the game. They talked about a patch months ago and have been radio silent since the initial talk. Both the developer and Limited Run said a patch was being worked on. Since then we haven't heard a thing.

I don't understand how this version of the game even passed certification.

Its ridiculous at this point and only a few vocal people even talk about it and its always just ignored.

I would just like an update on the situation. Its frustrating.

It's actually worse than that.  Everytime someone brings it up on the Fireside Chat or elsewhere, Josh basically says it's on the developer to fix it and they have reached out, but he's not responsive.  Frankly, at this point, they should be offering to refund anyone who wants to return their defective copy and setting a firm schedule for the patch under penalty of not releasing anymore of the developer's games physically in the future.

#25783 Jurai  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:25 PM

It's actually worse than that. Everytime someone brings it up on the Fireside Chat or elsewhere, Josh basically says it's on the developer to fix it and they have reached out, but he's not responsive. Frankly, at this point, they should be offering to refund anyone who wants to return their defective copy and setting a firm schedule for the patch under penalty of not releasing anymore of the developer's games physically in the future.

I mean, it is on the dev ultimately, but I do agree that it's shitty everyone's stuck with a broken cart that's always gonna be broken

#25784 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6371 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

I mean, it is on the dev ultimately, but I do agree that it's shitty everyone's stuck with a broken cart that's always gonna be broken

No, it's on both the developer and LRG as the publisher and retailer.  They have the same obligation as Best Buy or Amazon if they sell a defective product which is to provide a return/refund or a commitment that the problem will be resolved within a reasonable amount of time.  

#25785 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2775 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:25 PM

They have the same obligation as Best Buy or Amazon if they sell a defective product which is to provide a return/refund or a commitment that the problem will be resolved within a reasonable amount of time.  

Um... I'm not so certain that is the case. I'm fairly sure that large corporations like Best Buy or Amazon have plenty of extra investment that they can throw at customer-service issues like this. Those corporations also have a lot more leverage when it comes to dealing with other companies, as their distribution platforms are valuable enough to give them a sizable amount of pull in any negotiations. Holding a very small company like LRG to the exact same standards isn't realistic.

#25786 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6371 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

Um... I'm not so certain that is the case. I'm fairly sure that large corporations like Best Buy or Amazon have plenty of extra investment that they can throw at customer-service issues like this. Those corporations also have a lot more leverage when it comes to dealing with other companies, as their distribution platforms are valuable enough to give them a sizable amount of pull in any negotiations. Holding a very small company like LRG to the exact same standards isn't realistic.

Disagree.  They have the same obligations as any other retailer or publisher.  They don't get a pass because they are a smaller business.  I can't speak for other state laws, but in California, consumer protection laws don't differentiate between small and large businesses, they all have the same legal obligations in connection with defective products.  LRG is in business right now with some of the largest companies in the world and generates tens of millions of dollars in gross sales each year.  This particular developer is a one-man shop from what I can tell, so they certainly should have leverage with him and if not, they need to step up and offer refunds/returns to anyone who requests them.

#25787 Evil_Gizmo  

Evil_Gizmo

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

Unfortunately, it's in the devs hands since they did the build submission for the Vita version. We've been trying to get that updated with them for awhile. I'm not sure if it was posted anywhere, but for folks that don't want to hold off on waiting for a patch open a support ticket and we can get a late return processed for you.

#25788 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2775 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

LRG is in business right now with some of the largest companies in the world and generates tens of millions of dollars in gross sales each year.  This particular developer is a one-man shop from what I can tell, so they certainly should have leverage with him and if not, they need to step up and offer refunds/returns to anyone who requests them.

You understand that sales != revenue, correct? Sales are irrelevant if they do not offset expenses. The ROI is frequently more important than the total sales. And the margins made on most of these physical games isn't all that large, especially when compared to the digital versions. On top of all of that, the Vita version of a game like Night Trap is almost certainly the lowest-priority release version for the developer in question. Vita was never a broadly adopted platform at the best of times, and in the past couple of years the Switch has eaten pretty much all of its previous market-share. While I do agree that patching and correcting development bugs and mistakes is important, it doesn't surprise me if a developer drags their feet a bit on a game for a platform that is pretty obviously not going to generate much revenue.

#25789 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6371 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:52 PM

You understand that sales != revenue, correct? Sales are irrelevant if they do not offset expenses. The ROI is frequently more important than the total sales. And the margins made on most of these physical games isn't all that large, especially when compared to the digital versions. On top of all of that, the Vita version of a game like Night Trap is almost certainly the lowest-priority release version for the developer in question. Vita was never a broadly adopted platform at the best of times, and in the past couple of years the Switch has eaten pretty much all of its previous market-share. While I do agree that patching and correcting development bugs and mistakes is important, it doesn't surprise me if a developer drags their feet a bit on a game for a platform that is pretty obviously not going to generate much revenue.

Of course I understand that gross sales are not equal to net revenue.  Should Amazon have been exempt from consumer protection laws because they went for years without making a profit?  Look, I'm happy to defend LRG against all the stupid complaints about how they sold out or failed to stick to their original business plan/model or release too much product, etc...because those are frankly the rantings of a bunch of sad manchildren who don't understand the reality of the world and want to hold a business that tried at one point to maintain a dialogue with its customers to a much higher standard than every other business that literally has never even tried.  Having said that, I'm not going to give LRG a pass on consumer unfriendly practices like this or with announcing a "patched" version of Tetris that may not even be patched or better than what's out there and where they didn't even bother to take five minutes to check with the developer before taking to Twitter.  You're right that LRG is not EA or Amazon or Ubisoft or countless other companies.  It doesn't change the fact that they have the same obligations as every other publisher and retailer with regard to making sure their product performs as advertised.    

#25790 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3489 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

Unfortunately, it's in the devs hands since they did the build submission for the Vita version. We've been trying to get that updated with them for awhile. I'm not sure if it was posted anywhere, but for folks that don't want to hold off on waiting for a patch open a support ticket and we can get a late return processed for you.

Thank you I will work on submitting a ticket for a refund. I rather get a refund and put that money towards a different release. I do not have confidence that a patch for this game will ever be released.

#25791 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:45 PM

#25792 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:46 PM

#25793 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

#25794 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:48 PM

#25795 Cybernator  

Cybernator

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:47 AM

Is Limited Run Games planning on releasing Job Simulator (PlayStation VR) with the same kind of treatment as Tetris Effect LRG Edition?

#25796 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:52 AM

Jak IV Commemorative Case Details
https://limitedrunga...ve-case-details

#25797 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:50 AM

I can't pass up that VA-11!

#25798 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:10 AM

The mockup and end product do appear to be quite different. I thought it would be a high quality box. Also, Josh said that the trading cards could be removed without breaking a seal. The outer box is shrinkwrapped and the trading cards are inside the box in a shrinkwrapped pack.

#25799 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12910 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

The Golf Story CE is currently $79 at Fangamer with free shipping, and comes with a $10 digital gift code as part of their Black Friday sale.  Order more stuff to get a higher gift card amount.

Also the Spelunky CE (Vita and PS4) is $69 with free shipping but comes with a smaller digital gift card since it is under $70.

#25800 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7323 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

The Golf Story CE is currently $79 at Fangamer with free shipping, and comes with a $10 digital gift code as part of their Black Friday sale.  Order more stuff to get a higher gift card amount.

Also the Spelunky CE (Vita and PS4) is $69 with free shipping but comes with a smaller digital gift card since it is under $70.

Yeah, for now I'm just planning to grab some books I've been putting off waiting for this time of year, but I really do want that journal from the Spelunky CE, just not anything else. LOL So if I have some extra funds over the next few weeks I may grab it, as the bonuses stack(they send the credit when it's all over), so long as all purchases are made within the window and with the same account.