* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Super GunWorld 2 [PS4] Nov.24, Windjammers [PS4/Vita] & Claire: Extended Cut [PS4/Vita] Dec.1

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#31 R3DH3R0   13 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2750 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:36 PM

As of yesterday the affected orders have all been shipped out. You should receive it soon. Don't let this burn you on us, Oddworld was our biggest title to date and we shipped it out by ourselves (just two people). We've started using a fulfillment center so this kind of stuff won't happen anymore.

Didn't know it was just two people. Now I feel like a dick for complaining. :[

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#32 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

Nothing wrong with complaining.

As long as you do it in a none, douchebaggery way.

I mean, it took forever for me to get my SMRPG, and I was throwing out anime gifs all over the place on a daily basis for a good month until it arrived.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#33 Hairlesswookiee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Hairlesswookiee

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Cool, I'll be following this thread too. It will hopefully be easier to find the LRG games in this one instead of sifting through the other thread. Right now I'm only interested in the Vita copes as I'd like to have a complete U.S. catalog someday. 

#34 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9868 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:54 AM

Glad to see this thread. 

I of course will add the covers to the album once I get my hands on them. 

Also Josh, I'm still waiting on that Sekai Project Announcement :)

If it does turn out to be Fruits of Grisaia, I'll be extremely happy. 

Sekai said they would have news soon. But that was in March. It is now June. :(

#35 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:12 AM

Xeodrifter and Lost Sea Release Date is July 4th not the 5th

https://limited-run-...12-lost-sea-ps4

https://limited-run-...-xeodrifter-ps4

also you misspelled Xeodrifter  

#36 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5004 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:13 AM

What a stupid date to release this.  Sure, I get the joke of picking it, but logistically it's stupid.   I guess if you don't go to Church, don't sleep in on Sunday, don't have kids, and hate your father (or he's no longer living)... it might not be any different than any other day.   For me, I'll be at Church during the first offering and probably bbq'ing something during the second time slot and hanging with my family.  The last thing I'll be thinking about is buying a random game during the limited time slots it's offered.  Thank goodness this isn't Cosmic Star Heroine.  626mb game on Vita... eh, it's small enough I can make space easily for it in digital form... which given the track history of LRG games, this will be free on PS+ or super cheap anyway in digital form.

From the sound of this post thats all you'll be thinking about. Poor dad, if he only knew.

I just spent an hour dragging a boat up a mountain for a trophy. What have I become...

Now just play a really piece of shit game and then complain about it until (and well after) you get the plat.

#37 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2009 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

From the sound of this post thats all you'll be thinking about. Poor dad, if he only knew.

Between visiting my dad, my father-in-law and my three son's spending time with me, I don't think this sale will even cross my mind.  Oh the poor sap that has to work that Sunday to monitor the store and stuff.  Or are they just going to let things get crazier than past sales with the scalpers and the store errors and stuff and clean it up in the week to follow?  How good is the tech support on a Sunday from the people that host the store?  A weekday makes much more business sense and logistially it wouldn't be tied to such a busy holiday.   It'll be interesting if this creates a bunch of problems will they change their July 4th plans for Xeodrifter and Lost Sea?  Father's Day may be a big deal to me, but July 4th is much bigger.  I know, I'll be with my family that day as well cooking out and stuff and am planning to take the family to the new Independence Day movie (after we watch the first one the day before) and then there is typically a huge fireworks show that we go to.  It's been 20 years since ID4 came out and I'm fairly positive I went to see the first one with my friends that July 4th.  So I'm hyped to have a similar experience but this time with my kids.

It would be better if they were just all on Tuesdays.  So they were tied to the same people that wait every week to see what new games release on tuesday, and what the new sales are.  It would just add to what a lot of people already do.  This reminds me of some of the boneheaded release dates Nintendo has done in the past.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#38 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5523 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

Between visiting my dad, my father-in-law and my three son's spending time with me, I don't think this sale will even cross my mind.  Oh the poor sap that has to work that Sunday to monitor the store and stuff.  Or are they just going to let things get crazier than past sales with the scalpers and the store errors and stuff and clean it up in the week to follow?  How good is the tech support on a Sunday from the people that host the store?  A weekday makes much more business sense and logistially it wouldn't be tied to such a busy holiday.   It'll be interesting if this creates a bunch of problems will they change their July 4th plans for Xeodrifter and Lost Sea?  Father's Day may be a big deal to me, but July 4th is much bigger.  I know, I'll be with my family that day as well cooking out and stuff and am planning to take the family to the new Independence Day movie (after we watch the first one the day before) and then there is typically a huge fireworks show that we go to.  It's been 20 years since ID4 came out and I'm fairly positive I went to see the first one with my friends that July 4th.  So I'm hyped to have a similar experience but this time with my kids.

It would be better if they were just all on Tuesdays.  So they were tied to the same people that wait every week to see what new games release on tuesday, and what the new sales are.  It would just add to what a lot of people already do.  This reminds me of some of the boneheaded release dates Nintendo has done in the past.

Again, it takes a minute to order on a mobile device and you can set an alarm on your smartphone.  That will take nothing away from Father's Day or July 4th.  Many people work on Tuesdays and it's hard for them to buy things from work and yet they make it happen.  In the end, if you really can't take a minute away from what to most people are enjoyable but not sacred holidays, maybe the games just aren't that important to own.  

#39 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36141 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

I'm in for Soldner-X2 on 7/18. Gotta' get those rare tropheez all over again! :whee:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Blue Reflection (3.75/5 :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga (4.5/5)

#40 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

Glad to see Josh in here.  I love what you guys are doing. I've gotten every release so far directly from you guys and will continue as long as you make these games.  

#41 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Xeodrifter and Lost Sea Release Date is July 4th not the 5th

https://limited-run-...12-lost-sea-ps4

https://limited-run-...-xeodrifter-ps4

also you misspelled Xeodrifter  

Actually, when these were listed, the dates were listed as July 5th, so if anything, the dates were changed to the correct date anyways, since July 5th is an odd date with the actual holiday date right before.

As for the misspelling, well, there is no i in team, but there certainly should've been one there, so my bad.  Good catch.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#42 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2009 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

Again, it takes a minute to order on a mobile device and you can set an alarm on your smartphone.  That will take nothing away from Father's Day or July 4th.  Many people work on Tuesdays and it's hard for them to buy things from work and yet they make it happen.  In the end, if you really can't take a minute away from what to most people are enjoyable but not sacred holidays, maybe the games just aren't that important to own.  

No doubt, owning games is less important to me than my family.  And definitely I value my family time on national holidays.

The online ordering never worked right from my smartphone.  Even from pc it took me more than a few minutes dealing with all the stupid errors of games still having a lot of stock then showing out of stock requiring starting over multiple times before finally being able to buy something.  It made it really easy bring me to my senses about why I was so hyped to order some of these games in the first place, and to give up, when they would simply be shelf decorations until I got bored and sold them off for profit.   Still, if they publish something I really want to own (probably Cosmic Star Heroine)... I'll have to take these releases seriously.  Tuesday, to me, makes the most sense.  I'm already thinking of new releases then just like anyone that stays on top of the game release scene.  I don't need random days of the week to track new releases.

If everything works out great for LRG with these release dates, good for them.  If they have problems and don't sell out or whatever... then maybe they will be interested in some feedback then.  As is, though, you can't give anyone feedback without someone jumping in and shooting it all down as if that somehow de-legitimizes the feedback.  It still is what it is.  I won't be around either date and thank goodness these games mean so little to me (physically at least) in the first place.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#43 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

I think people were just put off by your initial approach on talking about the Octodad release date.  It was particularly written as though it was not meant to be feedback, but interpreted by others as someone pointlessly complaining (which happens a lot on this site), so people may have mistaken your comments as that instead.

It certainly does make sense to have somewhat of a consistency in a release date schedule (now that they changed one of the release dates), and so far, Octodad is the only one a Sunday, while the other two dates are on a Monday, so Octodad may have just been an obscure date.  As long as they don't pull any random surprises in the future, I'm content with Monday as the consistent day for release.

There's a good chance it'll probably sell out though because they've decided to do two copies per account on this particular title, so resellers will probably be maximizing that.  But there are also a ton of copies of the game for both platforms, so who knows how this will go.  Will probably even be around if you want to pick it up when you have time during the second wave, since that's usually when things slow way down.

In any case, if it's meant to be feedback, it's probably easier just to say it's feedback, rather than giving a comment that is borderline smartass, rather than constructive.  You shouldn't be surprised that people will give you shit for a feedback/comment that's worded like that. :P

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#44 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5728 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:56 PM

Love that Octodad release date. LRG is killing it with these releases.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#45 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Not including the numbers?  sadface

Also would be cool to note which ones had a soundtrack released through LRG.  I loves me them soundtracks.

#46 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

Not including the numbers?  sadface

Also would be cool to note which ones had a soundtrack released through LRG.  I loves me them soundtracks.

If you're talking about how many copies, I just did that for the upcoming releases, but I'll do that and the soundtrack listing for the released list now. ;D

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#47 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

If you're talking about how many copies, I just did that for the upcoming releases, but I'll do that and the soundtrack listing for the released list now. ;D

Talking about the "This is LRG #1" labels they have on the boxes and such.  They are going slightly out of order as of Octodad getting out ahead of Xeodrifter, but I know collectors really dig that kind of thing.

Overall though, definitely digging the thread :) Thanks for putting it together.

#48 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

Talking about the "This is LRG #1" labels they have on the boxes and such.  They are going slightly out of order as of Octodad getting out ahead of Xeodrifter, but I know collectors really dig that kind of thing.

Overall though, definitely digging the thread :) Thanks for putting it together.

Ah, yes, the numbering thing.

It was discussed earlier in this thread, and it was the exact same reason you gave above that I decided to not put those numbers in, or at least not for now.  Kind of odd how they're just going way out of order numbering wise, so bleck. :P

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#49 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2880 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

Glad to see Josh in here.  I love what you guys are doing. I've gotten every release so far directly from you guys and will continue as long as you make these games.  

Thanks. I've been posting on CAG for a long time but haven't had nearly as much time recently with LRG taking off.

Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#50 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49860 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:49 PM

As of yesterday the affected orders have all been shipped out. You should receive it soon. Don't let this burn you on us, Oddworld was our biggest title to date and we shipped it out by ourselves (just two people). We've started using a fulfillment center so this kind of stuff won't happen anymore.

One point of concern that I ran across. 

My last two orders, Futuridium and Oddworld, the PS4 copies were both floaters.  Previous orders weren't floaters, such as Saturday Morning RPG.    All my orders were done as non-boxed shipments, so I think I'm going to have to spend the extra money on the boxes for future shipments and the additional fee is a little off-putting.   Not that you're the only ones that ship in bubble mailers by default and end up with floaters in PS4 games, of course. 

#51 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5728 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

One point of concern that I ran across.

My last two orders, Futuridium and Oddworld, the PS4 copies were both floaters. Previous orders weren't floaters, such as Saturday Morning RPG. All my orders were done as non-boxed shipments, so I think I'm going to have to spend the extra money on the boxes for future shipments and the additional fee is a little off-putting. Not that you're the only ones that ship in bubble mailers by default and end up with floaters in PS4 games, of course.

FYI, I read a fellow CAG ordered with the box option and said it wasn't worth the extra money. They just put the game in the box with no packing materials. Didn't know if this is just a single case or if others had the same experience.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#52 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49860 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:01 PM

FYI, I read a fellow CAG ordered with the box option and said it wasn't worth the extra money. They just put the game in the box with no packing materials. Didn't know if this is just a single case or if others had the same experience.

Well, so much for going down the box route next time. :wall: 

#53 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

I remember there were several reports of it in the Vita thread.

I included that information in the FAQ section, but hope that the issue will be resolved at some point, so I can take it out of that section. :P

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#54 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2431 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

Octodad is going to be a big definite for me, I want that one. Probably going to go ahead and pick up XeoDrifter as well. I've already played some of XeoDrifter and I am enjoying it. Lost Sea is more up-in-the-air. I'll have to do a little research before pulling the trigger on that one. Soldner X-2 is likely. I'll check out some reviews first, but I've always enjoyed scrolling shmups.

#55 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

I just want Volume and Cosmic Star Heroine. Everything else they've announced lately has been a hard pass for me.

#56 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

Octodad is going to be a big definite for me, I want that one. Probably going to go ahead and pick up XeoDrifter as well. I've already played some of XeoDrifter and I am enjoying it. Lost Sea is more up-in-the-air. I'll have to do a little research before pulling the trigger on that one. Soldner X-2 is likely. I'll check out some reviews first, but I've always enjoyed scrolling shmups.

Lost Sea is a maybe because it's not on Vita. ;D

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#57 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5728 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

Well, so much for going down the box route next time. :wall:

I don't know if this happened for ALL boxed orders but figured I'd give you a heads up. Maybe others here can share their box order experience?

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#58 Midori Monkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Midori Monkey

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:48 PM

I've done the box route each time. Never had packing materials. Last time (futuridium) the box wasn't even taped up. Luckily all my orders came in perfect condition, but I think I'm gonna just skip the box from now on.

MidoriMonkey.png

#59 SPORK94  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

On the other side of the coin for bubble mailers

I've had to send my PS4 Oddworld and Futuridium back because they were pretty screwed up one of the slipcovers was imploded. Needless to say I think the next step in their company plan is to up shipping packages because the black one doesn't do Fuck .

#60 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:18 AM

I've never had a problem with the black mailers.

Black mailers for life!

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler