* * * - - 30 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#21691 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3817 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

I have a slightly different situation myself.  Got shipping notice on 12/4, it started tracking, but then abruptly stopped on 12/9 at a post office about 30 miles away from me.  No tracking since then.  I'm wondering if this is possibly lost in the mail, or sitting in a warehouse with all the other Christmas packages waiting to be delivered.

Last year, I had a package not show up for over a month. I filed a lost item report with USPS and it still didn't resolve anything. Then one day, it magically showed up after I had given up on it.

Don't worry about your item yet. It will most likely show up as its probably delayed during this busy time of the year.

#21692 Destro14  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

that just means LRG printed out your shipping label my dude. Doesn't mean they "shipped" it out. That takes a few days.

LRG customer service swears that it has been shipped out and the tracking just hasn't been updated. I agree with you though, its sitting somewhere not moving towards me.

#21693 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6721 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:04 PM

LRG customer service swears that it has been shipped out and the tracking just hasn't been updated. I agree with you though, its sitting somewhere not moving towards me.

Yeah, back when they first started that hand off shipping method, I believe there was a handful that didn't start moving for like a month. I think they had some issue with some part of it all, and there was a major delay in the orders being picked up, scanned, or some other BS. My longest wait to see tracking movement after getting the notice has probably been about the 2 week mark.

Don't worry.............you'll eventually get your shit!

#21694 Madzane  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:26 AM

Anyone noticed Shantae Switch getting a advertising push? I’ve seen it pop up on Facebook and YouTube several times, can only imagine this is Wayforwards push and LRG isn’t wasting resources on one particular game.

#21695 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   572 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:35 AM

Anyone noticed Shantae Switch getting a advertising push? I’ve seen it pop up on Facebook and YouTube several times, can only imagine this is Wayforwards push and LRG isn’t wasting resources on one particular game.

Lol this google working its magic.

#21696 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2125 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

nah, it's probably just data mining from your internet history turning into ads targeting you.

#21697 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3817 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:44 PM

It amazes me you can basically be thinking about an item and it appears on your facebook feed. Ok, maybe not exactly like that, but close. I wouldn't be surprised if our phones are listening to what we say and somehow google/facebook,etc. puts ads in our face the next day.

#21698 Sito  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:52 PM

It amazes me you can basically be thinking about an item and it appears on your facebook feed. Ok, maybe not exactly like that, but close. I wouldn't be surprised if our phones are listening to what we say and somehow google/facebook,etc. puts ads in our face the next day.

Working in advertising it's pretty crazy the attributes that get assigned and how easy is it to identify and see people's habits if you allow cookie tracking. Apple makes things really interesting with their ITP as your cookie automatically expires after 24 hours so it limits the ability to track you as a 3rd party in their eco-system

#21699 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4045 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

It’s true. Which is why I suggest to all of my friends to delete fb and stay clear of it. At the minimum if for some reason you must use it, delete the app and only use it with private browsing.

#21700 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   916 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

It’s true. Which is why I suggest to all of my friends to delete fb and stay clear of it. At the minimum if for some reason you must use it, delete the app and only use it with private browsing.

You must be fun at parties.

#21701 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7613 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

count me in as another person who doesn't use Facebook for a multitude of reasons. 

You must be fun at parties.

You must be on Facebook.

#21702 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   916 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:33 AM

count me in as another person who doesn't use Facebook for a multitude of reasons.

You must be on Facebook.

nope, I just don't go around telling everyone not to. The facts are there, if people want to use it, let em be.

#21703 Tothoro  

Posted Yesterday, 06:01 AM

Got a shipping confirmation for Layers of Fear (PS4) today. Seems like the first one I've gotten in about a month. At least they're making some progress in the shipping backlog; they're down to ~2.5 months behind sales now for most items (discounting things like Everspace, PJM2 that had other factors at play).

I also just noticed they have non-Kickstarter versions of Mages of Mystralia set to ship before the Kickstarter versions. What a bummer. Wasn't it originally supposed to be the other way around?

#21704 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20822 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:08 AM

My Phantom Breaker arrived earlier.

I appreciate the effort they put into the cover art design front and back, but would it kill them to spend a bit more effort on the spine at least?

Feels like someone just got lazy, and copy and pasted the logo, and right clicked a paint bucket to fill the rest.

tumblr_p6c1qxIxSS1rad1dao1_500.gif

#21705 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4045 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:28 AM

nope, I just don't go around telling everyone not to. The facts are there, if people want to use it, let em be.

Read this: https://www.theverge...ss-data-privacy

You are part of the problem.

#21706 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted Today, 03:53 AM

Got my Phantom Breaker and Bastion today as well. Odd to say it but thanks to the splurge in shipping recently my waiting list is now dwindled down to one...Rabi Ribi.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: limited run games, omg so rare, ps4, vita