* * * - - 31 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#21751 mdpmdpmdpmdp  

mdpmdpmdpmdp

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:02 AM

I know most people here are from the US and won't be affected but for us overseas buyers it's sad to see them ending holding orders. The shipping costs of individual games to Europe probably means I will mostly bow out and stop buying LRG. What I find really sad though is that they are only giving us two weeks warning and stopping the service from the beginning of the new year when I have so many games on preorder from ages ago that won't be delivered in time. Sorry for the rant but needed to vent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21752 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3940 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:30 AM

With Sony doing this to the Vita to really kill it and the fail that was the Playstation Classic, I wonder what the third shit-fest will be as these kind of things always come in threes. They'll probably announce the PS5 is all digital. LOL

#21753 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6984 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:57 AM

I know most people here are from the US and won't be affected but for us overseas buyers it's sad to see them ending holding orders. The shipping costs of individual games to Europe probably means I will mostly bow out and stop buying LRG. What I find really sad though is that they are only giving us two weeks warning and stopping the service from the beginning of the new year when I have so many games on preorder from ages ago that won't be delivered in time. Sorry for the rant but needed to vent

Yeah, that sucks for sure, but I'm surprised they offered that service this long in all honesty. I started selling online probably 15+ years ago, and the international shipping rates have probably tripled since then. About 30-40% of my sells at one time where international, and now I hardly ever sell oversees anymore, as the cost is just to high for most buyers. And to keep track of so many orders, and so many games and buyers, probably just became to much, especially with the bigger volumes they deal in now VS the smaller runs back when this service started. At this point it may suck, but you just have to be happy it lasted as long as it did, as I can't imagine it was much of a benefit on their end.

#21754 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:51 AM

With Sony doing this to the Vita to really kill it and the fail that was the Playstation Classic, I wonder what the third shit-fest will be as these kind of things always come in threes. They'll probably announce the PS5 is all digital. LOL

Shhh don’t give them any ideas.

#21755 Jurai  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:01 AM

Shantae preorder closes soon

#21756 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:47 AM

Shantae preorder closes soon

I’d really like to order the game, but it’s so hard to pay $45 for it.

#21757 hohle  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:15 AM

Were there any physical PS4 or Vita games that were never available through the PS store? It struck me recently that PC gaming has been nearly all digital for several years. The major thing that’s missing is retail participation. How do you get a retailer to allocate shelf space for a low/no margin console when there are no higher margin games to sell along with it? If that’s not an issue, I wouldn’t be surprised if PS5 was all digital.

#21758 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:02 PM

I still think the most funniest part about yesterday was when the Jesus of Gaming got pissed that some publishers are holding onto Vita carts so they can sell games for $15 or less when LRG could be selling those $2 indies on them for $40

#21759 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

I know most people here are from the US and won't be affected but for us overseas buyers it's sad to see them ending holding orders.

They are not ending hold orders. The hold system is being revamped. Hold orders are now put into groups of months in which the orders can be held.

#21760 Jurai  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

I still think the most funniest part about yesterday was when the Jesus of Gaming got pissed that some publishers are holding onto Vita carts so they can sell games for $15 or less when LRG could be selling those $2 indies on them for $40

Huh

#21761 Tothoro  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:47 PM

Huh

This is probably what he's referencing, albeit with an interesting interpretation:

#21762 Madzane  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:37 PM

I’m curious if certain publishers pull more weight for allotment? NIS suddenly releasing Longest 5 minutes and Penny Punching Princess seemed odd since they went so long without word of a Vita version. Where did their supply come from?

Also wondering if this will affect War Theater and Mecho Tale.

#21763 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19953 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

I’m curious if certain publishers pull more weight for allotment? NIS suddenly releasing Longest 5 minutes and Penny Punching Princess seemed odd since they went so long without word of a Vita version. Where did their supply come from?

Also wondering if this will affect War Theater and Mecho Tale.

I am guessing they have the allocation a long time ago, possibility for canceled release and finally decides to use them before the deadline.

#21764 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2557 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

This is probably what he's referencing, albeit with an interesting interpretation:

You must have missed the tweet. But Josh tweeted out that it (paraphrasing) was a shame that a publisher was going to get carts to reprint games to sell for $15 when they have games left to publish for $40.

As if the LRG games are better or more worthy than some other publisher and they should be entitled to someone else's allotment. In the end, the allotment is what it is. Sony isn't going to manufacture more carts and extend themselves past their March 31 deadline to have all NA & EU physical production done.

It was a super arrogant entitled tweet. Ultimately Josh appears to have deleted the tweet. Maybe someone took a screen shot?

I'm not sure what game/games he was disappointed were getting those carts but one title Josh mentions in another tweet is Persona 4 Golden getting a few thousand. I think overall it's not bad to have one of the best games on the Vita getting some extra stock.

#21765 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6984 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:38 AM

You must have missed the tweet. But Josh tweeted out that it (paraphrasing) was a shame that a publisher was going to get carts to reprint games to sell for $15 when they have games left to publish for $40.

As if the LRG games are better or more worthy than some other publisher and they should be entitled to someone else's allotment. In the end, the allotment is what it is. Sony isn't going to manufacture more carts and extend themselves past their March 31 deadline to have all NA & EU physical production done.

It was a super arrogant entitled tweet. Ultimately Josh appears to have deleted the tweet. Maybe someone took a screen shot?

I'm not sure what game/games he was disappointed were getting those carts but one title Josh mentions in another tweet is Persona 4 Golden getting a few thousand. I think overall it's not bad to have one of the best games on the Vita getting some extra stock.

He also retweeted after that and said they had no ill will towards Sony, and that his tweet was worded kind of in a negative way, but that wasn't the intent(why it was removed). You seem to be the authority on LRG, and yet, they seem to be doing everything in error or some other self inflicted wounds, so why all the interest? I would recommend visiting some place else that doesn't seem to push so many of your  buttons so to speak, but whatever makes you happy I guess.

#21766 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:50 AM

Anybody get LRG Yooka Laylee? Question... Is your game showing up on your Switch play activity?

#21767 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11704 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:02 AM

What are the games he is talking about? 

If its Persona 4 Golden. I'll gladly take that over any $2 Indie title 

#21768 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:17 AM

Anybody get LRG Yooka Laylee? Question... Is your game showing up on your Switch play activity?

I just checked my play activity and it’s not showing up for me either. That’s really weird.

Also, I noticed you can’t collect gold coins just like Golf Story.

#21769 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2557 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:26 AM

He also retweeted after that and said they had no ill will towards Sony, and that his tweet was worded kind of in a negative way, but that wasn't the intent(why it was removed). You seem to be the authority on LRG, and yet, they seem to be doing everything in error or some other self inflicted wounds, so why all the interest? I would recommend visiting some place else that doesn't seem to push so many of your buttons so to speak, but whatever makes you happy I guess.

ProfessorStotch made a post, Jurai questioned wtf it was about, Tothoro attempted to speculate what the source was, I just jumped in to clarify the source. After reading what ProfessorStotch posted, while it's a bit harsh... it matched up with the context of what was originally posted by Josh. Sorry you missed it.

It's cool Josh realized he was being an ass and deleted the tweet. Thanks for adding what happened well after the fact to clean up the mess.

As far as your dig towards me, I'm sorry my post triggered you. It wasn't you I was intending to reach but those confused about ProfessorStotch's post.

As far as negative things to says about LRG, you are the king of that in this thread with the "you'll get your shit eventually" catch phrase. You repeatedly highlight just how bad the experience is between ordering and a package showing up. Sorry my post triggered you dude. Have a Merry Christmas.

What are the games he is talking about?

If its Persona 4 Golden. I'll gladly take that over any $2 Indie title

He mentions no specific publisher in his tweet, but further in the conversation P4G's reprints were brought up as something getting a few thousand of the carts. It was kind of bizarre his outrage. Even if the games were less popular titles... companies that put their requests in early this year should be just as entitled to get production as any other company. The games I've seen get reprints are typically the best of the Vita. Ys MoC, P4G, LoH Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2, Muramasa Rebirth, and Rayman Origin have come back in stock after being sold out. In fact quiete a few games are really well priced on Amazon.

#21770 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6984 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:38 PM

As far as negative things to says about LRG, you are the king of that in this thread with the "you'll get your shit eventually" catch phrase. You repeatedly highlight just how bad the experience is between ordering and a package showing up. Sorry my post triggered you dude. Have a Merry Christmas.

So, I stated proper information to a tweet and why it was removed, then I proceeded to ask a question and that "triggered" me, what are you reading?

I've called them out on poor packaging, lack of a proper updated shipping page, CS issues and said how stupid it was for them to slow down, just so some man babies who will probably be gone tomorrow won't be upset by all the collecting they need to do. They didn't slow down, which was good, as physical games in general may be gone in coming years, so why not make all the funds you can, and go back to their first love of making games. That seems logical to me, but rarely does logic show it's face in this thread, and that's from both sides, LRG and forum members.

Feel free to post as much as you want, as I know these are an open forum, and I just tried to give you some good advice in regards to better places to spend your time. If that's me being "triggered", it's all good, happy holidays to you as well.

#21771 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:47 PM

gAFvUBA.png

#21772 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:10 PM

That sense of entitlement is off the fucking charts.

#21773 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

Merry Christmas :beer:

What are everybody's top 3 favorite LRG games ?  I have a wall of their games unopened and finally started to play them recently

1.  Nex

2.  Salt and Sanctuary

3.  Neurovoider

Haven't opened the Shantae games yet.  I am sure they are fun

#21774 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12201 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:56 PM

Merry Christmas :beer:

What are everybody's top 3 favorite LRG games ?  I have a wall of their games unopened and finally started to play them recently

1.  Nex

2.  Salt and Sanctuary

3.  Neorovoider

Haven't opened the Shantae games yet.  I am sure they are fun

I just started playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on the 3DS recently (which ironically isn't published physically by LRG on that system) and its an amazing game!  One of my favorites of all time actually.  I'm sure the versions they do publish are almost as good (I love the 3D effect, which can't be translated to the other systems).

#21775 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

I just started playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on the 3DS recently (which ironically isn't published physically by LRG on that system) and its an amazing game!  One of my favorites of all time actually.  I'm sure the versions they do publish are almost as good (I love the 3D effect, which can't be translated to the other systems).

I really want to keep my Shantae games sealed so I will check it out.  I have such a back log of rpgs on the 3ds but I can squeeze in some platforming fun

#21776 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

Neurovoider for the Vita in Jan

CAN

NOT

WAIT

#21777 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:41 PM

gAFvUBA.png

Greed is massively strong

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#21778 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6984 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Aqua Kitty

Steamworld Dig

The Swapper

Honorable mention: Strangers Wrath

Un-Played thus far, but on my most looking forward to list: Oceanhorn, CSH, VA-11 HALL-A & 2064 ROM.

#21779 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3577 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

I'm with LRG on this. I'd much prefer the existence of more titles than more bargain bin reprints.

Fight me.

#21780 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6984 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

Greed is massively strong

I guess it's all in how you look at it, as LRG offerings are games that have never been released in physical form(and some still may not, depending on if they can get qty or not). While I'm guessing his statement is referring to titles that have sold well, have thousands of copies in the wild, and are now being offered at a much reduced cost.

From a business standpoint, yeah I guess that is greed, as I want to sell something, and my title is more important than yours(not the best way to make an argument for sure). From a consumer stand point, I would think most would rather have a game that they can't have physically, than one they can probably find new someplace for $20 or under and has already at least been offered.

Just my 2 cents.