* * * - - 30 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#22081 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

same thing kind of happen to me I had ordered Cosmic Star Heroine CE for vita they sent the me just the game. I emailed LRG about it they told me they would send a replacement. it took almost 2 month to be sent out because of holiday the day it was delivered I was not home at the time. when I got home the package was missing along with 2 other packages a 2nd package from LRG and one from a kickstarter project. the post office had told me there recorders show that all 3 packages where sent to the right address. LRG told me to file a police report and send them a copy and that they would replace both package from them.

#22082 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

same thing kind of happen to me I had ordered Cosmic Star Heroine CE for vita they sent the me just the game. I emailed LRG about it they told me they would send a replacement. it took almost 2 month to be sent out because of holiday the day it was delivered I was not home at the time. when I got home the package was missing along with 2 other packages a 2nd package from LRG and one from a kickstarter project. the post office had told me there recorders show that all 3 packages where sent to the right address. LRG told me to file a police report and send them a copy and that they would replace both package from them.

LRG: You'll get your shit eventually.

#22083 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2416 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

I just read this news bit about Celeste DLC : https://mynintendone...t-will-be-free/

Does anyone know if the physical will have the DLC on the cart?

#22084 Tothoro  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

I just read this news bit about Celeste DLC : https://mynintendone...t-will-be-free/

Does anyone know if the physical will have the DLC on the cart?

LRG's been asked a few times and as far as I'm aware there's been no official response. I'd guess not based on how dodgy they're being.

#22085 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   932 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

That's gonna be a no.  If it's not ready digitally, it's definitely not ready for physical. 

They have to submit the build for approval before they can open it up for orders.

#22086 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3454 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

It could be that LRG is waiting for the developer to cement in a release date for the DLC

#22087 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

If you, like me, want the DLC on cart this was recently posted on twitter:

Maybe LRG will see it.
As of right now, I believe they don't plan on delaying the game to have the DLC added to the final build.

#22088 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2416 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for all the responses about Celeste.   I think I'll just go digital during the next big sale.

#22089 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted Yesterday, 02:12 AM

If you, like me, want the DLC on cart this was recently posted on twitter:
https://twitter.com/...899890445148163

Maybe LRG will see it.
As of right now, I believe they don't plan on delaying the game to have the DLC added to the final build.

LRG Josh has already seen the poll and commented that they don't intend to delay. They took too much flack for Pixel junk Monsters and without a definitive release date for the levels, they don't want to push it back. I agree with that logic and I voted not to delay. LRG already has enough slowdowns in their process. We don't need customers adding to those delays.

#22090 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19908 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:17 AM

I am guessing Best Buy is not going to tolerate waiting for the DLC to be ready.

#22091 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2374 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted Yesterday, 02:35 AM

Does Axiom Verge on the Wii U use the gamepad? I already the multiverse edition.

#22092 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 AM

Does Axiom Verge on the Wii U use the gamepad? I already the multiverse edition.

Yes, for map and inventory. It’s the definitive version thanks to these unique features and one well worth preserving

#22093 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 AM

LRG Josh has already seen the poll and commented that they don't intend to delay. They took too much flack for Pixel junk Monsters and without a definitive release date for the levels, they don't want to push it back. I agree with that logic and I voted not to delay. LRG already has enough slowdowns in their process. We don't need customers adding to those delays.

Unfortunate. Pixel Junk Monsters looked boring so I didn't order it. It's a shame that game is ruining the chance for Celeste to be complete...At least in my opinion.

#22094 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2416 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Unfortunate. Pixel Junk Monsters looked boring so I didn't order it. It's a shame that game is ruining the chance for Celeste to be complete...At least in my opinion.

I'm not sure that the upcoming DLC for Celeste is the only DLC ever coming for the game.  So even if they did delay it... it's possible the game won't be a complete copy on cartridge anyway.   It just makes it easier for me to just go digital on stuff like this.

#22095 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted Yesterday, 03:09 PM

I'm not sure that the upcoming DLC for Celeste is the only DLC ever coming for the game.  So even if they did delay it... it's possible the game won't be a complete copy on cartridge anyway.   It just makes it easier for me to just go digital on stuff like this.

That thought crossed my mind, but also: the DLC is being referred to as "the farewell levels". That sounds pretty final to me.

#22096 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:47 PM

I would prefer to wait and get complete games. Let’s be honest, most of have such a backlog that even a year delay wouldn’t be a big deal. I will pass on the game because of this but to each their own!

#22097 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2416 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:02 PM

That thought crossed my mind, but also: the DLC is being referred to as "the farewell levels". That sounds pretty final to me.

Good point.  Of course if there's a bug and a patch that needs released then it may be a while before the game is truly complete.  It does sound like (from what I read about the DLC) that the dev is moving on to something new (likely a new game) once this dlc is done.

#22098 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Good point. Of course if there's a bug and a patch that needs released then it may be a while before the game is truly complete. It does sound like (from what I read about the DLC) that the dev is moving on to something new (likely a new game) once this dlc is done.

That was another thought I had as well. To me, it seems like this DLC has been in development for a bit, and as you said it also seems like the dev is moving on afterwards. I would think if a bug occurred, due to the nature of the PS4 certification requiring games to be essentially bug free before they get approval for physical copies, the devs would immediately work on a fix if necessary. Obviously this doesn't solve the time issue but as long as the devs worked on things promptly I'd be content.
Either way, I'm getting the game..just bummed that yet again the complaints of others ruin a good thing...miss when this was mainly a collector's company.

#22099 Destro14  

Posted Today, 02:53 AM

That was another thought I had as well. To me, it seems like this DLC has been in development for a bit, and as you said it also seems like the dev is moving on afterwards. I would think if a bug occurred, due to the nature of the PS4 certification requiring games to be essentially bug free before they get approval for physical copies, the devs would immediately work on a fix if necessary. Obviously this doesn't solve the time issue but as long as the devs worked on things promptly I'd be content.
Either way, I'm getting the game..just bummed that yet again the complaints of others ruin a good thing...miss when this was mainly a collector's company.

For me they state they are in the business of preserving physical media in the digital age. Well then get the entire game on the physical copy, don't sell something prematurely if a better alternative is available. I agree that appeasing the masses may have been at the heart of this issue considering the devs said they were working on this, or maybe the delay from the devs to get the content out pushed LRG to move forward. Either way, I would have been happy with an announcement of "this game is coming, once the devs finish the DLC, we will announce a sale date." They do not seem short on games to sell at the moment, and super meat boy could have taken the place of celeste for the preorder window. I will probably get a copy of celeste from BB and use GCU. I wish I knew what was being released after iconoclasts to know if I want to bundle it...