* * * - - 30 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#22111 elessar123  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Yea, I don't really care much about the NES / N64 / PS1 games much, but SNES still hold up well.

#22112 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4802 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, the lack of consistent digital versions, games being de-listed, spotty or non-existent backwards compatibility, and lack of unified libraries (Nintendo would have you buy the same SNES game digital on every platform because they're all separate!) is way more than enough for me to stick to physical for everything that I can for as long as I can. When the time comes that digital distribution is the only option going forward, then that's out of my hands. At least for now I can control how much of the aforementioned BS I'm willing to subject myself to; and I can guarantee that the games that currently exist in physical format are permanently available for my use in whatever manner I wish to use them in. 

#22113 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:38 PM

Anybody have any luck with any customer support this year?    Got an order with missing and damaged items.  No response to Twitter DM or support desk ticket for 2 weeks now.

#22114 Tothoro  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:54 AM

Any updates on Spelunky’s release? That’s the one LRG game I really, really want a physical copy of.

None for quite a while. It's still listed on their site, but their upcoming releases haven't been updated since the cartridge drama a few weeks ago.

Anybody have any luck with any customer support this year?    Got an order with missing and damaged items.  No response to Twitter DM or support desk ticket for 2 weeks now.

Their support is really backed up because 2/3 of their staff left in the last month. Might be worth reaching out again, but it's not that they're ignoring your ticket specifically.

#22115 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:09 AM

whos buying the 310$ mega set? Man those CEs are not worth it and how can you tell which is a Vita vs PS4 when they look the same?

#22116 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12019 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:38 AM

I messaged them about incorrect taxes on a few orders a little over a week ago and they finally got back to me yesterday.  If its been two weeks for you, I would probably reach out again.

#22117 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1809 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

I have read from others that it can take weeks to months to get orders with missing or damaged items handled. They probably don't handle those immediately because they take a lot more time to deal with. I messaged them with a minor issue of missing points on Tuesday and received a response yesterday ( within 2 days). It is possible they are just handling the easier responses first.

I would message them again through support desk, but you will likely be waiting for sometime unfortunately :(

#22118 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12019 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

Iconoclasts is a definite for today.  Think I will also be getting Proteus to keep the Vita collection going.

#22119 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

yea those CE's are unimpressive.  Just grabbing a standard vita Iconoclast along with PS4 Celeste today and I'm done.

late to party on this, but seeing what they're using the vita carts allocation for, even I have to admit Josh sounds pretty whiny with his whole if people gave us some of their allocation to use tweet.

#22120 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12019 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

Damn, Vita collectors are going crazy with these late releases.  All Vita titles appear to have sold out within 5 minutes.

#22121 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

Got iconoclasts and Celeste for PS4 !

<3 LRG

#22122 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3315 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Well I missed the standard copy of Iconoclasts for vita this morning. Sold out before I finished checkout.

This is the first time in a long time that I missed a morning Vita game.

#22123 Tothoro  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

Shipping updates for anyone interested (updates in bold):

Spoiler

Since I last posted (around the new year) they cleared the following games from the queue:

• Kingdom: New Lands (PS4/PC/Switch) + Vinyl
  • Late Shift (PS4)
  • Phantom Breaker (PS4 CE/Vita CE)
  • GALF (NES)
  • To the Top (PSVR)
  • 8 Bit Adventure Anthology (PS4)
  • Another World (PS4/Vita)

So overall, they've increased the number of releases pending shipping over the past two weeks. Most of the stuff that slid was originally slated for December, but it's also worth noting that the Outlast Switch games all moved back a month. I don't see this pattern changing any time soon; even with two shipping queues they seem to be losing ground. Reasonably, I'd expect everything in the spoiler tag above to actually ship out 1-2 months later than noted aside from the top few in January and anything they bump to the top (which they appear to be doing with Jak).

#22124 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

I have read from others that it can take weeks to months to get orders with missing or damaged items handled. They probably don't handle those immediately because they take a lot more time to deal with. I messaged them with a minor issue of missing points on Tuesday and received a response yesterday ( within 2 days). It is possible they are just handling the easier responses first.

I would message them again through support desk, but you will likely be waiting for sometime unfortunately :(

If true that's pretty shit as real problems should be given priority and not completely ignored for weeks.  I opened a new ticket, hopefully the first one was just fell through the cracks due to their turnover.

#22125 Jurai  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

in their defense I believe they recently lost some of their more tenured support people from what I recall

#22126 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12019 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

PSA: If you live in PA or IL, you may have been charged an incorrect tax rate by LRG.  You may have been charged an incorrect county tax in PA (Allegheny County) or IL (Cook or Chicago Ridge).  These taxes are only valid if you live (or have your packages shipped) to addresses in those counties but people have been getting hit by those taxes despite not living in those counties.  Go into your order history and check every order back to about 11/1/2018 (that's around when it first started happening to me).  If you have been affected by this, open a support ticket and they will send you a link to a form where you can enter each affected order # and that amount due back that was incorrectly taxed.  The form has made it a pretty easy process to get this money refunded.

• Rig likes this

#22127 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6867 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, I opened a ticket 15 days ago and never heard back, but it wasn't a 911, as it was about my rewards tickets. So I'm just gonna send them with tracking, and hopefully they'll contact me once received, but I'm sure that's why I didn't hear back, as it was low priority.

#22128 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14050 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:59 PM

PSA: If you live in PA or IL, you may have been charged an incorrect tax rate by LRG.  You may have been charged an incorrect county tax in PA (Allegheny County) or IL (Cook or Chicago Ridge).  These taxes are only valid if you live (or have your packages shipped) to addresses in those counties but people have been getting hit by those taxes despite not living in those counties.  Go into your order history and check every order back to about 11/1/2018 (that's around when it first started happening to me).  If you have been affected by this, open a support ticket and they will send you a link to a form where you can enter each affected order # and that amount due back that was incorrectly taxed.  The form has made it a pretty easy process to get this money refunded.

Thanks for the heads up.  Looks like I was overcharged $5.34.  Ticket opened.

#22129 srocky26  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, I opened a ticket 15 days ago and never heard back, but it wasn't a 911, as it was about my rewards tickets. So I'm just gonna send them with tracking, and hopefully they'll contact me once received, but I'm sure that's why I didn't hear back, as it was low priority.

I had planned on using my tickets to pickup both Vita games from today's sale.

I opened a support ticket 8 days ago hoping to bring it to their attention. I mailed my tickets out last Friday.

Yesterday I still had not heard anything back about receiving my tickets or about my support ticket, so I sent them a DM on Twitter.

After I missed out on both games this morning, I sent another DM on Twitter and updated my support ticket. They finally responded on Twitter and said they'd look into it. 20 minutes later they had "just received" my tickets minutes ago and put the games on hold for me.

#22130 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6867 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

I had planned on using my tickets to pickup both Vita games from today's sale.

Yeah, I had planned to ship mine off awhile back as well to make todays sale, but of course I git busy and never did. Now i'm in catch up mode, so I'll ship them off within a few days, and try to catch a game in coming weeks. Hopefully by then they get their shit together.

#22131 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3887 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

Hopefully by then they get their shit together.

They get their shit together and we will eventually get our shit. I see a theme here. A lot of shit going on or is there?

#22132 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3987 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

Wonder Boy Returns announced for PS4 by Strictly Limited Games.

#22133 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

Damn, Vita collectors are going crazy with these late releases.  All Vita titles appear to have sold out within 5 minutes.

Proteus actually looks pretty good so Im going to pick up a copy for the 6pm run.

#22134 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2644 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

I'm seriously thinking of passing on Proteus. It doesn't have quite the critical response I would hope for. It also doesn't really seem like the kind of game that I would care about taking on the go for the Vita. And I know that it's available digitally on all sorts of different stores, for very low prices. So yeah, probably not going to bother with that one.

The only real question is do I bother springing for the Vita edition of Iconoclasts, or should I just put in a pre-order for the Switch edition? If I want the Vita version, I need to get in now. If I just want the Switch edition, I can wait a week and put in an order alongside Tacoma. (which I probably will wake up early for)

Decisions, decisions...

#22135 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7871 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

How fast did Iconoclasts PS4 sell out at 9am?

#22136 Gamwhiz  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

Iconoclasts vita sold out in about 1.5 minutes, jesus. Added to cart immediately on drop, got on paypal, absently clicked back to LRG in a different tab out of curiosity to see how much it had dropped from 50%, saw it was at 5%, did a double take, completed order in 20seconds and got told the order was out of stock and I was SOL.

Sucks, but what do you do. Seems these last few vita releases are going to be a real battle. Was expecting 10 minutes or so of leeway, seein' as that's what I saw reported for the morning drop.

#22137 jmarano7836   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   313 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

jmarano7836

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

Iconoclasts vita sold out in about 1.5 minutes, jesus. Added to cart immediately on drop, got on paypal, absently clicked back to LRG in a different tab out of curiosity to see how much it had dropped from 50%, saw it was at 5%, did a double take, completed order in 20seconds and got told the order was out of stock and I was SOL.

Sucks, but what do you do. Seems these last few vita releases are going to be a real battle. Was expecting 10 minutes or so of leeway, seein' as that's what I saw reported for the morning drop.

I had the expedited order process and the text of the 6 digit code took literally 20 seconds to process and accept. By that point same thing happened to me so I finalized my Proteus Vita order, saw the CE edition for $49.99 was still in stock and then fired a separate order for that Pre-Order in. They definitely got me for 2x shipping charges on this but on the positive they will ship out separately and at least both are confirmed.... I guess..

what shenanigans and a blood bath today's releases were....

#22138 srocky26  

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:48 PM

The morning batch didn’t last 10 minutes. It was 2 minutes max, but probably closer to the 90 seconds you mentioned.

#22139 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2457 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:53 AM

I'm surprised the tech demo Proteus sold so well. Maybe there are more folks going for a full set than expected. It's a shame after selling so well in the AM they kept the limit at 2 for the PM batch.

#22140 hohle  

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:58 AM

I'm surprised the tech demo Proteus sold so well. Maybe there are more folks going for a full set than expected. It's a shame after selling so well in the AM they kept the limit at 2 for the PM batch.

For me it was a bit of speculation. Any late-in-the-lifecycle, limited release may be hard to get in the future. That basically goes for any release, but Proteus seems obscure enough that I don't know if it will show up much later.