* * * - - 30 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#22471 elessar123  

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:09 PM

Lucked out and got a copy of both vita titles. I logged in and redeemed a reward of the keychain to prompt me through checkout partially which may have helped?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#22472 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

Had to buy ce of splunk, sad times :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#22473 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6877 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, I was ready and had my sleeves rolled up,and was able to get both Vita games and use my free game code. I was probably done in under 20 seconds, which was good, probably wouldnt have made it much past that.

I saw someone mention earlier that Fangamer was supposed to get Spelunky later on, are the qtys at LRG reflect their numbers as well? Also, will they be offering that journal included in the CE, as they seem to be the producers of it?

#22474 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36894 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:14 PM

Fernz Gate will sell out pretty quick too. I skipped that [Kemco JRPG] since I have [a differently-named Kemco JRPG] and it looks like a reskin of that [Kemco JRPG].

Fixed that for you. :razz:

#22475 Rotondo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:16 PM

At some point they actually added pictures of the CE, they probably should have done this earlier:

8SqDsWf.png

tQ6AtI7.png

#22476 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:16 PM

Had to buy ce of splunk, sad times :(
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Should have waited for the FanGamer release.

#22477 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3317 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

I saw someone mention earlier that Fangamer was supposed to get Spelunky later on, are the qtys at LRG reflect their numbers as well? Also, will they be offering that journal included in the CE, as they seem to be the producers of it?

I not sure what the numbers will be like and if it considered an official Numbered Limited Run Release (similar to how they are handling best buy) but I know Fangamer is getting Spelunky and Celeste for their site later this year after Limited Run has finished shipping the releases. Since I got Spelunky I will probably now get Celeste from Fangamer since I skipped that release waiting on either Best Buy for GCU or Fangamer to use my coupon.

#22478 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6877 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:42 PM

I not sure what the numbers will be like and if it considered an official Numbered Limited Run Release (similar to how they are handling best buy) but I know Fangamer is getting Spelunky and Celeste for their site later this year after Limited Run has finished shipping the releases. Since I got Spelunky I will probably now get Celeste from Fangamer since I skipped that release waiting on either Best Buy for GCU or Fangamer to use my coupon.

Thats a good sign for those who missed out on todays Spulunky offering, as I'm sure Fangamer will have more than enough for everyone if they're releasing later down the road. I'm also hopeful they will have that journal as well, as it looks really cool and something I would like to add to my gaming book collection. Fangamer is for sure my most shopped place for exclusive publications, with Amazon getting my business for standard releases.

#22479 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10027 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:31 AM

Should have waited for the FanGamer release.

What’s the difference?

#22480 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12022 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fangamer is only going to be carrying the CE and not the standard version of Spelunky.

#22481 adam81  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

Recieved the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Classic edition today. I forgot I payed $80 for it. Very underwhelming.

#22482 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7891 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Recieved the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Classic edition today. I forgot I payed $80 for it. Very underwhelming.

Yeah.  You feel a whole lot better paying $25 for a SE of something like that.  But those types of things are about $35 shipped through LRG now too. 

#22483 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6877 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Dragon's Lair fan, and all that stuff was pretty much just extra "paper", and I failed to see the value there. I was also hopeful they would offer DL Trilogy for the NS at some point, in which case I'll keep my fingers crossed for something better. But if not, the standard version is fine, as I would only get a CE if it was really nice, and sadly I don't see that happening.

#22484 adam81  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:57 AM

Haha yeah it pretty much is just paper extras. It has 3 ugly art cards, faux laserdisc packaging, throwaway poster, cardboard arcade cabinet and a pin. I forget what was included because I bought it back in October. 

The standard sold out so I had to go with the CE. I'm sure I could sell the extras though. It should've been $50 tops. Only things I have from LRG still outstanding are both Jak CE's. Whenever those ship....

#22485 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12022 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:56 AM

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Dragon's Lair fan, and all that stuff was pretty much just extra "paper", and I failed to see the value there. I was also hopeful they would offer DL Trilogy for the NS at some point, in which case I'll keep my fingers crossed for something better. But if not, the standard version is fine, as I would only get a CE if it was really nice, and sadly I don't see that happening.

I'm pretty sure I heard that they will be releasing a Switch version of Dragon's Lair Trilogy in the future (probably one of their next Switch releases actually).

#22486 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6050 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:17 AM

I'm pretty sure I heard that they will be releasing a Switch version of Dragon's Lair Trilogy in the future (probably one of their next Switch releases actually).

Yep.  The box art was accidentally leaked by Nintendo and it had the Limited Run Games logo on it.

#22487 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6877 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:51 PM

Sweet, thanks for the heads up guys, now lets hope they step their game up for the CE, and deliver something worthy of the franchise. That little papercraft arcade machine was cool, but something like that should be include in the standard version for free. Being part of an $80+ set, seems criminal for sure. LOL That bundle should have been $50 at most, and that would have been a HUGE stretch.

#22488 Jurai  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:19 AM

#22489 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:33 AM

Blind box pins... what is this, loot boxes in real life now? We've gone full circle.

#22490 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:13 AM

so sad. milking people badly, glad most of the CEs of splunky didnt sell.

#22491 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:34 AM

so sad. milking people badly, glad most of the CEs of splunky didnt sell.

The Spelunky CE was good. Cool packaging, physical soundtrack and artbook and a few cute knickknacks. Absolutely what I want in my CE. Easy purchase. Also, most of the Spelunky CEs HAVE sold, they average 12% remaining in stock, across all platforms.

I don't like the Toejam and Earl CE, though. Only thing I like about it is the box. I don't like cassettes or digital soundtracks. No artbook is lame. Blindbox shit in a CE is obnoxious and the board display takes up a lot of space. Will not be buying this.

#22492 adam81  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:24 AM

LRG seems to always cut the amount to create an artificial sellout. They've done it several times when stuff survives into the week. Can't imagine anyone would be bulk buying these. Most LRG games don't go for shit anymore. 

I agree that the Spelunky CE isn't bad though. However, the Toejam and Earl.....

#22493 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6877 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, the Spelunky CE offering was for sure one of the better offerings in awhile, and for a proper popular title. At this point, the only games that don't have CE are the Kemco RPG's, and I'm sure they would if they could. LOL

It's just to much, to often and I'm normally all for that, but not in the CE market. What makes CE good is that collector's like them, and fans of certain games. But when you offer them for almost ever damn game, you "force" the collector's to bow out at some point, as it becomes to much. I think most of us here all came to that level of thinking(even though it was different times for each of us).

Then you have the fans of certain titles, but even when the items are decent, those persons may or may not want to pay the higher premiums. It really just depends on the contents, and how big a fan someone may be of said titles. Either way, it's a gamble, and one many seem to have not been willing to take more often than not, especially with the falling prices of most things LRG on the secondary market.

I really wanted that journal in the Spelunky CE. But having saw Fangamer will be offering the game at a later date, I'm confident they will offer that journal on it's own, especially since they sell tons of unique books on a regular basis. And if for some reason they don't, I could still possibly buy the CE down the road, for less than it's offered now, so no reason to go all-in at this point.

#22494 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

Most of LRG's CEs don't appeal to me at all and this Toe Jam and Earl one is the perfect example as to why.  I can't even grasp it and I've been suckered by so many CEs.  At this point, when they sell out they are either going to flippers (and I don't know why those still even exist with LRG product) or for people that just have to get the most expensive version of something no matter what.

Otherwise, I am just so far out of touch and people really want puzzles and blind box pieces.  Where does this puzzle get displayed?  The coffee table?  Then again, I don't get plush toys, frisbees, papercraft.... There was one time that the cassette tape I will never use seemed "cool", though, but I am sure over that.

#22495 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

They mentioned in that twitter discussion that the blind boxes for the human characters will be available outside of the game at a later date.  Not that that is a good thing.

The game isn't out yet... so ... it's hard for me to blind buy even the base game.  I'll just wait for reviews of the digital version and decide from there.  I'm not big on roguelike's... but I do like the characters and enjoyed the original 3 games in their time.

#22496 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:27 PM

Most of LRG's CEs don't appeal to me at all and this Toe Jam and Earl one is the perfect example as to why.  I can't even grasp it and I've been suckered by so many CEs.  At this point, when they sell out they are either going to flippers (and I don't know why those still even exist with LRG product) or for people that just have to get the most expensive version of something no matter what.

Otherwise, I am just so far out of touch and people really want puzzles and blind box pieces.  Where does this puzzle get displayed?  The coffee table?  Then again, I don't get plush toys, frisbees, papercraft.... There was one time that the cassette tape I will never use seemed "cool", though, but I am sure over that.

Papercraft is junk, unless the game specifically features origami or something. Plushies can be cool, as long as they're not giant and take the bulk of the CE. I get the frisbee, because the game was Windjammers, but I agree that I would have liked something else.

#22497 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2303 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

Why does the TJ&E CE say "download code" ? Must mean the soundtrack?

#22498 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

Well I think the majority of people that buy stuff like this don't actually open it and I think that is why a lot of this stuff keeps selling out.  I can't throw too much shade at buying CEs as I was one of them to start with but thankfully got out of the game and only have like 3 from LRG. I always look for an art book, soundtrack, a poster, and maybe a steel book anymore and that's it.  I don't like the keychains, trading cards, buttons, replica carts, standees, or anything like that as it will just end up staying in the box.

#22499 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3317 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

I received my copy of Night Trap for Vita yesterday and it arrived with no cellophane wrapping.
Has anyone else here received the game in the same condition?
I opened a support ticket to ask why my new game arrived open.

It was packed with Siralim 2 and that was sealed since I ordered them together.

#22500 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6877 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:16 PM

I received my copy of Night Trap for Vita yesterday and it arrived with no cellophane wrapping.
Has anyone else here received the game in the same condition?
I opened a support ticket to ask why my new game arrived open.

It was packed with Siralim 2 and that was sealed since I ordered them together.

Both of my games are on the way, but haven't received yet, but I'll report back once they arrive. That seems like a manufacturing issue, or at least I hope that's the case. LOL