* * * - - 31 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#22861 srocky26  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:22 PM

They can't even distribute their own games in a timely fashion, but apparently they're going to help distribute for Special Reserve Games now.

They’ve done this for special reserve in the past.

#22862 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6171 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:30 PM

They’ve done this for special reserve in the past.

Yep and those usually ship within a few days of the sale.  

#22863 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:42 AM

Just looked up “The Messenger” game and it looks great! It’s like a mix of Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania.

#22864 Destro14  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:00 AM

Just an FYI, SRG is doing free shipping on all orders for the messenger, and confirmed on twitter that this includes international orders. LRG said on twitter that will be charging shipping for the release.

#22865 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   731 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:28 AM

Plus the LRG version always has the inferior cover.

#22866 Equippt  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:08 AM

Just an FYI, SRG is doing free shipping on all orders for the messenger, and confirmed on twitter that this includes international orders. LRG said on twitter that will be charging shipping for the release.

Well I hate to ask the obvious question, but then what's the point (if any) of ordering this from LRG?

#22867 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12217 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:12 AM

Well I hate to ask the obvious question, but then what's the point (if any) of ordering this from LRG?

That digital rewards system at LRG...oh, wait....

I'm guessing Special Reserve also doesn't charge tax yet so even better to order from them. Free shipping, no tax (hopefully), my decision has been made.  The only question is whether their site can handle the traffic on sale day (unlike that time several months ago where they couldn't even put an item up for sale on its scheduled date).

#22868 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6987 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:31 PM

Just to report back, my CSH art book replacement finally arrived to me yesterday, and top marks for the packaging this go around, as it was almost as good as my own packaging standards(Almost). LOL

They used the same oversize box as before, but this time there was no movement inside at all, as they used durable bubble sheets in-between each book. Then brown paper was used to fill in the empty spaces around the books. This is what should have been provided the first time around, especially with the premium shipping rates charged.

In the end, they made good without to much effort on my end, but it did take almost 45 days to be one and done, so they for sure need to work on speed.

#22869 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1382 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

Hmm, it's been 20 days since my Pixeljunk supposedly shipped. No tracking updates

#22870 LeRoflWaffle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

LeRoflWaffle

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:12 PM

So...for the people who have received a copy of Double Switch for the PS4, was it unplayable for anyone else? 

#22871 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3519 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

Just to report back, my CSH art book replacement finally arrived to me yesterday, and top marks for the packaging this go around, as it was almost as good as my own packaging standards(Almost). LOL

They used the same oversize box as before, but this time there was no movement inside at all, as they used durable bubble sheets in-between each book. Then brown paper was used to fill in the empty spaces around the books. This is what should have been provided the first time around, especially with the premium shipping rates charged.

In the end, they made good without to much effort on my end, but it did take almost 45 days to be one and done, so they for sure need to work on speed.

Any chance you can share some pics?

#22872 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6987 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

Any chance you can share some pics?

I have issues posting pics here for some reason, but if you PM me your email, I'm happy to send any pics you may want, although I have put the packaging and books away already.

#22873 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

The only one I can think of is having the ability to also pay for it to be shipped in a box.  

#22874 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6171 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

The only one I can think of is having the ability to also pay for it to be shipped in a box.  

Different cover art which will be exclusive to LRG.

#22875 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   731 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:34 PM

And worse

#22876 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6171 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:37 PM

And worse

Maybe.  I guess I will make that decision when I see both.

#22877 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

And this is the only reason I may consider LRG for this and pay the small premium.

#22878 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2329 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:18 PM

Just looked up “The Messenger” game and it looks great! It’s like a mix of Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania.

Say what?! I've never heard of The Messenger before, but you have piqued my interest.

#22879 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:04 PM

Being a NinjaVania is great by itself, but it's also Made In Quebec and has a soundtrack by Lord Rainbowdragoneyes, so it's a must-have in my eyes. However I was waiting for the inevitable physical release so I have no idea if it's a good game or not in the end. But I want to say critical reception is fairly high.

Here's hoping the physrel ™ has the latest patches built-in.

PS Rainbowdragoneyes is really, really fucking awesome.

#22880 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2561 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:33 PM

Being a NinjaVania is great by itself, but it's also Made In Quebec and has a soundtrack by Lord Rainbowdragoneyes, so it's a must-have in my eyes. However I was waiting for the inevitable physical release so I have no idea if it's a good game or not in the end. But I want to say critical reception is fairly high.

Here's hoping the physrel ™ has the latest patches built-in.

PS Rainbowdragoneyes is really, really fucking awesome.

Rainbowdragoneyes... ha... that stuff was pretty cool.  Thanks for posting all of that.

I was waiting for a physical release as well... but now I'm thinking I'll just go digital if I buy it.  Nice to know the music is pretty rockin'.

#22881 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

And worse

I haven't thought any of the LRG variants were "worse", except for "Enter the Gungeon".   I much preferred the LRG variant cover for "Shadow Warrior 2" over the SRG cover.   The "Ruiner" cover art was a push for me either way.   I liked the LRG "Absolver" variant better. 

#22882 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

astrotide

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the Production Updates and Shipping Room pages are pretty much meaningless?

The Shipping Room page can go a week or more without changing, the Production Updates page says "shipping in process" or "shipping has begun" for weeks on end for the same titles. Some games will say "shipping starts on some particular date" then that date comes and goes and nothing ships.

My theory is the pages give the support department links to reply to all the helpdesk tickets in an attempt to pacify all of us suckers, er I mean customers.

Really incredible how abysmally bad the shipping has gotten - instead of getting better with time, it just gets worse.

tldr version: Dear Limited Run, please stop selling games before you have them in hand (other than open preorders).

#22883 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3942 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:29 PM

Maybe LRG needs the funds from the sales to actually publish the games. That is why it's months till we get them. I don't know. Nothing makes sense.

#22884 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the Production Updates and Shipping Room pages are pretty much meaningless?

The Shipping Room page can go a week or more without changing, the Production Updates page says "shipping in process" or "shipping has begun" for weeks on end for the same titles. Some games will say "shipping starts on some particular date" then that date comes and goes and nothing ships.

My theory is the pages give the support department links to reply to all the helpdesk tickets in an attempt to pacify all of us suckers, er I mean customers.

Really incredible how abysmally bad the shipping has gotten - instead of getting better with time, it just gets worse.

tldr version: Dear Limited Run, please stop selling games before you have them in hand (other than open preorders).

I like how they updated the production updates page on Monday and it still says Outlast for Switch shipping to be completed by March 7.

Their philosophy seems to be in all recent actions to piss off their customers and not give an eff. I know I’ve significantly slowed the business I give them because of it and I can’t be the only one.

#22885 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2469 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:24 PM

"You'll get your shit eventually" 

#22886 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:17 AM

I have 34 physical rewards tickets from LRG. Can I get anything good with that? I need 40 tickets to qualify for a game correct? Can I use the 34 tickets towards a game purchase then just pay the difference?

#22887 Equippt  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:21 AM

Side note, Castevania crisis averted. I played a bunch of CV games this weekend. Portrait of Ruin (DS), Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate (3DS), and some Castlevania 3 (3DS port)... and enjoyed them all. PoR isn't even one of my favorites which is why I thought it would be a good barometer. Lords of Shadow MoF... the fairly well disliked game in the franchise, I had a good time playing it. in many ways it's quite a beautiful game. So I still love CV... just couldn't find much to enjoy in Bloodstaind CotM. I gave it one more try and beyond the level layouts and boring enemies... the music isn't up to par. The way the story is presented is also a step (or more) below the NES games. The scrolling text is janky. I get people are starving for new 2D CV type stuff... but this just doesn't do it for me. I'm thinking of cancelling my Bloodstained RotN preorder and just waiting for it to get reviews and then eventually get a price reduction if it turns out good. Glad to get my hype in check.

Glad to hear the good news on the Castlevania front, and Mirror of Fate is totally underrated. Sounds like you have the same problem with Bloodstained that I have with the Shantae series: it's not that it's necessarily bad, just that I'd rather play pretty much any other game it's inspired by. Happens to all of us. Or maybe I just don't have enough appreciation for cartoon boobies...

Anyhow, the CV side quest was entertaining (I fired up a few of them over the past week, too). Thanks for the update.

#22888 Tothoro  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:46 AM

I have 34 physical rewards tickets from LRG. Can I get anything good with that? I need 40 tickets to qualify for a game correct? Can I use the 34 tickets towards a game purchase then just pay the difference?

The order form is here: http://www.mightyrab...tyOrderForm.pdf

You can get some okay stuff, but nothing great. You do need 40 to qualify for a game (or $25 off a game, more accurately) and you can't pay the difference if you have fewer than 40. There are still a few games with tickets that haven't shipped I believe, so you may still get to 40 if you've got pending orders.

#22889 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2561 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:36 AM

Heads up, Golf Story has been fixed. It’s now recognized as the correct region and YES you can get gold coins for it. Also the 1.0.1 update now will download so we aren’t stuck with the broken ass version they lazily put on the cart. Sucks the game isn’t properly preserved but at least we can play it without as many game breaking bugs.

Anyhow, the CV side quest was entertaining (I fired up a few of them over the past week, too). Thanks for the update.

Glad to share it with other CV fans. I put more time in with Mirrors of Fate since that post and am fully enjoying it. The 3D is pretty well done.

#22890 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

Grabbed the standard of Bloodstained and it was really easy.  Hope everyone else had the same experience.