* * * - - 32 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#22951 4tygames   Cover Guru CAGiversary!   1266 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

I decided to go for it. The collector's edition went live right on the minute, standard took almost 30 seconds to go live. I had to wait in the shopify queue for about 10 seconds, completed order with autofill, and I still had over a minute (probably 75 seconds) to refresh both vita pages to watch as the counters dropped to 0.

Which part slowed you down? I have never tried paypal to pay, just straight credit card via checkout, was that the slow part?

The Shopify “Wait in Line” process literally took 2 minutes before I was allowed to continue...

This happened to me both this morning and now.

#22952 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2192 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

I thought I saw someone on here mention that the vita version of COTM had some sort of exclusive content or something like that?

cant find info on it but does it?

Edit: here it is I found it earlier in this thread:

" This physical Vita release has a new trophy list, which the PS4 release lacks - so Vita is getting some level of special treatment."

#22953 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:31 PM

Anyone try ordering using multiple tabs for a single order? I remember this not working last go around, so interested to know whether or not it worked for this.

#22954 jr8rulz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   628 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:52 PM

on multiple orders, i almost always use multiple tabs.... just making sure i am logged in on each tab but it has never failed me yet.

#22955 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:28 AM

Anyone try ordering using multiple tabs for a single order? I remember this not working last go around, so interested to know whether or not it worked for this.

same, I only use multiple tabs for releases since I want to use shipping costs for more than one game. but I never use PayPal cause it's an extra step of verification afaik

#22956 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:36 AM

So as long as you're logged in on each tab the cart of the final tab will have all your items displayed correct?

#22957 slainviper  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:42 AM

I decided to go for it. The collector's edition went live right on the minute, standard took almost 30 seconds to go live. I had to wait in the shopify queue for about 10 seconds, completed order with autofill, and I still had over a minute (probably 75 seconds) to refresh both vita pages to watch as the counters dropped to 0.

Which part slowed you down? I have never tried paypal to pay, just straight credit card via checkout, was that the slow part?

I don't think any part went slower than it could have. I did have to keep refreshing the page as I was getting the regular edition, but that shouldn't have added much time. Perhaps I should just go for the collector's edition of games like this in the future.

#22958 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11816 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:35 AM

I input my credit card info and hit complete order and got a sold out message so I have no idea. I must have terrible luck or a bad browser or something because I've missed several of the big releases lately despite rabidly refreshing waiting until 10. If I have under 30 seconds to complete orders I honestly don't know if it's worth it at this point. I guess I'll try again at 6 and if not just go with a regular copy. Just the world's way of telling me not to drop 60 bucks on a $10 digital game haha.

Your mistake was having to input your credit card info to begin with.

#22959 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:56 AM

so about 2.5 months later I finally got my Blind Boxes. What a horrible experience taking this long on in stock items and I had to create a trouble ticket asking for status when so many others received their orders. I had no extra items, just 2 ps4 and 2 vita blinds.

Here are the crap results, I'm sure since it took forever I got shafted on leftover blind boxes.

/SIGH Double Bit.Trip must resist buying this crap next year.

2hcgsw7.jpg

j9a35w.jpg

8zhblx.jpg

u1mht.jpg

#22960 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:42 AM

Looks like you got at least one gold card, there. Not much, but I think it has some value.

#22961 Jurai  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:22 AM

have they said how large the Wii U Axiom Verge release is planned to be in terms of quantity

#22962 hanzohattori1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

hanzohattori1

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:33 AM

Recently found out about LRG, bullshit about games selling out at the speed of light and more. I was able to get the COTM Classic Edition for the Vita this morning, though. Refreshed as soon as the timer hit zero. Paid with debit card, everything cleared, and got email confirmation almost immediately after finishing up. It’ll be a nice companion to my Ritual of the Night Alchemist’s Treasure Edition.

#22963 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4091 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:41 AM

have they said how large the Wii U Axiom Verge release is planned to be in terms of quantity

#22964 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:47 AM

The Shopify “Wait in Line” process literally took 2 minutes before I was allowed to continue...

This happened to me both this morning and now.

Aw that stinks. I guess I got lucky with minimal 'wait in line' time on 1 tab. Definitely try multiple tabs/browsers next time, some will go through much faster.

so about 2.5 months later I finally got my Blind Boxes. What a horrible experience taking this long on in stock items and I had to create a trouble ticket asking for status when so many others received their orders. I had no extra items, just 2 ps4 and 2 vita blinds.

Here are the crap results, I'm sure since it took forever I got shafted on leftover blind boxes.

/SIGH Double Bit.Trip must resist buying this crap next year.

I feel you. Last year I tried 3 PS4 blind boxes, sounded like fun with a chance at some rare games I missed.

It wasn't fun.

At all.

I got 2 games I already had, and 1 game I didn't want. I broke even selling one, took an $8 loss on the second, and I've been trying to dump the last one (Nova 111) for 14 months lol.

Never again!

#22965 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7207 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, after that first year of blind boxes, I swore that practice off, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. For first timers, consider this a lesson learned, for anyone who came back a second time.............. :dunce:

#22966 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4525 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:02 PM

Recently found out about LRG, bullshit about games selling out at the speed of light and more. I was able to get the COTM Classic Edition for the Vita this morning, though. Refreshed as soon as the timer hit zero. Paid with debit card, everything cleared, and got email confirmation almost immediately after finishing up. It’ll be a nice companion to my Ritual of the Night Alchemist’s Treasure Edition.

Yeah, after that first year of blind boxes, I swore that practice off, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. For first timers, consider this a lesson learned, for anyone who came back a second time.............. :dunce:

I’ve been following LRG releases since day one with Breach & Clear and also by this thread. In my opinion, they’ve always been a scam company, and to me it’s clear as day today. Very poor indie releases, products that ‘sell out’ in seconds yet are available down the road in blind boxes, cardboard cutouts for collectors edition extras, huge prices on some CEs, Jak & Daxter being sold individually, poor customer service, and ship times months after what was promised. And that isn’t touching on the topic of their collusion with the reseller market.

#22967 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6302 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:33 PM

I’ve been following LRG releases since day one with Breach & Clear and also by this thread. In my opinion, they’ve always been a scam company, and to me it’s clear as day today. Very poor indie releases, products that ‘sell out’ in seconds yet are available down the road in blind boxes, cardboard cutouts for collectors edition extras, huge prices on some CEs, Jak & Daxter being sold individually, poor customer service, and ship times months after what was promised. And that isn’t touching on the topic of their collusion with the reseller market.

You literally posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago.  How is this anything but trolling?   

#22968 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22825 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

Is there anyway to hide or remove all the rewards notifications on their site? I know I can close them but as soon as you refresh, they pop right back up. I tried to order the Vita Bloodstained CE but my work computer does not like those kinds of pop ups (no diff if I use Chrome or Explorer, internet filter is not friendly to them). I wasn't able to get in on the morning batch since my train was delayed and mobile is too slow for me and I ended up missing it on the evening batch because my browser kept locking up on the pop ups... :-/ 

#22969 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7207 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

While I'm a fan of LRG, in no way am I blind to some of the shit they do, and like my comment on the "blind boxes", I'll call them out whenever it needs to happen. I'll also defend them in certain cases, when certain things are said from a baseless area with no actual facts.

While many of the issues you mention are true, many or subjective at best and some are just not true. Up until this Vita production deadline issue came in to play, LRG did pretty well in having proper inventory. Now, Sony has not allowed for as much as once requested, and with interest ramping up at the end of life, Vita games are in higher demand than ever, with less inventory. LRG wanted and ordered more, and Sony said NO, as they almost had to cancel some final titles due to this issue.

They've had some of the best indie titles in the industry, and continue to get more each week. This is something that can't even be argued, as who's to say what's good and what's not. They sell out of each title, so even if they are low quality, someone is willing to pay for them, so that fact shows otherwise.

#22970 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

You literally posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago.  How is this anything but trolling?

Here you go again. I dont agree with him but who cares? Let him say what he wants.

#22971 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:48 PM

Is there anyway to hide or remove all the rewards notifications on their site? I know I can close them but as soon as you refresh, they pop right back up. I tried to order the Vita Bloodstained CE but my work computer does not like those kinds of pop ups (no diff if I use Chrome or Explorer, internet filter is not friendly to them). I wasn't able to get in on the morning batch since my train was delayed and mobile is too slow for me and I ended up missing it on the evening batch because my browser kept locking up on the pop ups... :-/ 

You could try one of the many browser plugins that allow you to block content. ublock origin is available for chrome or firefox, you should easily be able to block the rewards notifications. I'm not sure I have seen them though, all I get is a little tab in the lower right with the number of points.

Or if you wait a few more weeks there will be no more rewards program anyway.

#22972 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22825 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:35 PM

You could try one of the many browser plugins that allow you to block content. ublock origin is available for chrome or firefox, you should easily be able to block the rewards notifications. I'm not sure I have seen them though, all I get is a little tab in the lower right with the number of points.

Or if you wait a few more weeks there will be no more rewards program anyway.

Yeah I have uBlock but I always disable it on their site- uBlock is kinda funky with some aspects of websites and I'm too lazy to figure out hwo to customize it to work how I want it to, so I avoid having it enabled on LRG or any other site where ads are enough of an issue for me to have it enabled. 

I just hope this isn't an issue during AV Wii U. 

#22973 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7207 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

Yeah I have uBlock but I always disable it on their site- uBlock is kinda funky with some aspects of websites and I'm too lazy to figure out hwo to customize it to work how I want it to, so I avoid having it enabled on LRG or any other site where ads are enough of an issue for me to have it enabled. 

I just hope this isn't an issue during AV Wii U. 

Yeah, those damn ad blockers.........don't get me started. LOL

They often block any and everything, so while it may block what you don't want, it may block what you do. Everytime I find one that seems to work, within weeks, it's doing crazy shit. I use them anyway, as I hate ads, but they do require work and even playing with the settings doesn't guarantee it will work properly.

As for AV being an issue, unless we just see tons of people wanting to support this title due to the issues that have been caused by Badlands, you should be fine. Like I said, I supported AV a few times for support to the creator to help with his son's medical needs. To see that didn't happen, is making me consider another purchase just to say "sorry" for the current situation. LRG deserves to be helped as well, as no one should lose that kind of money just trying to run a business.

#22974 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   888 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:34 PM

Aw that stinks. I guess I got lucky with minimal 'wait in line' time on 1 tab. Definitely try multiple tabs/browsers next time, some will go through much faster.

I feel you. Last year I tried 3 PS4 blind boxes, sounded like fun with a chance at some rare games I missed.

It wasn't fun.

At all.

I got 2 games I already had, and 1 game I didn't want. I broke even selling one, took an $8 loss on the second, and I've been trying to dump the last one (Nova 111) for 14 months lol.

Never again!

they are blind boxes for a reason

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#22975 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:00 AM

While I love to crap on LRG for their shipping times and practices — I think most would agree that’s some well deserved poo— I can’t agree with the blind box criticism. They’re pretty open about the percentage chance of getting any particular game, with most of them being “commons.”

#22976 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:51 AM

While I love to crap on LRG for their shipping times and practices — I think most would agree that’s some well deserved poo— I can’t agree with the blind box criticism. They’re pretty open about the percentage chance of getting any particular game, with most of them being “commons.”

Definitely. Blind Box is a fool's game if they are expecting to get something good. Odds are such that it makes more sense just to buy a particular game off Ebay. What I want to know is what will be the odds of getting the super duper ultra rare, not many copies produced, Breach and Clear in a blind box 20 years from now? There were only "1500" copies made you know.

#22977 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:05 AM

For sure! No criticism from me, I knew the odds up front and took a chance. Figured why not try it once... but once was enough hah.

#22978 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:28 AM

Blind boxes are probably their way of getting rid of extra stock.

#22979 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10117 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:46 AM

You literally posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago. How is this anything but trolling?

He’s still salty he couldn’t get jack II, for being a grown man he sure cries like a little girl.

#22980 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6481 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:20 AM

How long does it normally take for LRG to ship your games after printing the shipping label? It's been almost a month and I still haven't gotten my games yet. Contacting the CS is no help at all.