* * * - - 31 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#23011 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6988 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

The problem with not getting tracking info after a month of getting a shipping email is the average fucking customer has no clue if the order is lost somewhere in the mail system.  And yes, this has actually happened with one of my LRG orders.  So I can understand the concern, especially if you have hundreds of dollars tied up in the order.

This is 100% a legit issue, and should be addressed to LRG CS, as no one here is going to be able to help outside of stating our own personal experiences. 1-2 weeks wait past getting tracking is normal for me, where some others have had it take longer, either way, no one here works at LRG, so why would this be the place to ask questions, if said persons don't like the answers given?

#23012 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6421 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:56 PM

The point is, you are aware of the issues and yet keep buying. If it really bothers you that much, just stop buying or to continue your analogy, stop going to the same restaurant. Personally, I know LRG always delivers and given how many delays their competitors are now having with getting releases out, it's pretty clear that there are just a lot of factors beyond their control. There is no point in continuing to raise the same issues. It's like going to Yelp and seeing the same five people post bad reviews twenty times for different visits to the same place. At some point it's time to acknowledge there is something wrong with the customers and not the restaurant that continues to thrive and be successful.

This is my first time with not getting an order a month later after the shipping label was created which is a huge issue. The problem is that they haven't done anything or provide me with any information to tell me when I should expect it.

Also please find a different post of me complaining about LRG here. You keep implying that I am a repeat complainer about LRG.

#23013 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2561 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

This is my first time with not getting a product months later after the shipping label was created which is a huge issue. The problem is that they haven't done anything or provide me with any information to tell me when I should expect it.

Months? I thought it was 2/20 you were updated.  So, a solid 4 weeks as of tomorrow with no update to the shipping.

Now, I'm not saying that it doesn't suck having to wait... but just that this isn't unusual in this day and age with LRG.... so likely your order is perfectly fine and just hasn't shipped yet.   They print everything before actually shipping it.  My guess is someone probably thought they were doing good at getting ahead on getting shipping labels ready... but the downside is very early notification things are shipping.

Not sure you mentioned the game... and you've probably checked but here it is anyway... the Production Updates page...

https://limitedrunga...duction-updates

Also they put up "The Shipping Room" page: https://limitedrunga...e-shipping-room

They are currently working on Hold Orders (assuming the page is up to date).   It looks like they are working on putting up a second shipping room... so maybe things will improve as this business has been growing fast enough that they've had to move offices a few times in the last few years.

#23014 srocky26  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

The Messenger is up on LRG and SRG.

SRG doesn’t appear to charge for shipping, so that’s some savings right there.

#23015 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6421 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

Months? I thought it was 2/20 you were updated. So, a solid 4 weeks as of tomorrow with no update to the shipping.

Now, I'm not saying that it doesn't suck having to wait... but just that this isn't unusual in this day and age with LRG.... so likely your order is perfectly fine and just hasn't shipped yet. They print everything before actually shipping it. My guess is someone probably thought they were doing good at getting ahead on getting shipping labels ready... but the downside is very early notification things are shipping.

Not sure you mentioned the game... and you've probably checked but here it is anyway... the Production Updates page...
https://limitedrunga...duction-updates

Also they put up "The Shipping Room" page: https://limitedrunga...e-shipping-room

They are currently working on Hold Orders (assuming the page is up to date). It looks like they are working on putting up a second shipping room... so maybe things will improve as this business has been growing fast enough that they've had to move offices a few times in the last few years.

Sorry should have said a month but this will be my last comment on the issue.

#23016 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6171 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

Plus SRG is offering a bonus outer box and something about a "hardcover" instruction manual whatever that means.  

#23017 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36991 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:15 PM

Not only savings on shipping, but I wasn't charged tax, either. That (and the bonus stuff SRG is including) is a huge plus over LRG in my book.

#23018 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12217 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:33 PM

This is 100% a legit issue, and should be addressed to LRG CS, as no one here is going to be able to help outside of stating our own personal experiences. 1-2 weeks wait past getting tracking is normal for me, where some others have had it take longer, either way, no one here works at LRG, so why would this be the place to ask questions, if said persons don't like the answers given?

I 100% agree people need to contact LRG about this issue.  However, I also feel it can be posted here as it helps determine whether its an isolated incident or affects many customers.  From the posts here and elsewhere I can see that 2/20 was a huge day for printing labels and some have been shipped and some unfortunately have not yet.  I also found out the incorrect state sales tax issue (for certain residents in PA and IL) because it was posted on the LRG forums and I believe their Twitter account.  If someone didn't post it I may not have noticed it since only your order history and confirmation email give a sales tax breakdown (and not the actual purchase process).

#23019 elessar123  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:07 PM

Just because they are small does not give them the right to provide well below subpar service. It is unacceptable for any company to print a shipping label for your package and do nothing with it a month later.

They're just using Victor Ireland's Playbook for People Who Can't Bussiness Good

#23020 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

They have the place holder up for axiom verge.

https://limitedrunga...e-edition-wii-u

#23021 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

They have the place holder up for axiom verge.

https://limitedrunga...e-edition-wii-u

```WARNING: This item is not limited - you may buy as many as you like.```

I wonder if that will be a problem haha

#23022 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4870 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:19 PM

How many are there, like 4,000? Imagine someone buying ~3k of them. That's a lot of eBay listings lol.

#23023 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6171 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

How many are there, like 4,000? Imagine someone buying ~3k of them. That's a lot of eBay listings lol.

6,000 units.

#23024 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:19 PM

isn't this the last WiiU made? So that would warrant multiple copies that scalpers/flippers will buy.

#23025 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6171 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:34 PM

isn't this the last WiiU made? So that would warrant multiple copies that scalpers/flippers will buy.

Not necessarily.  There is probably at least one more year of Just Dance as they did a 2019 version for both Wii and WiiU.  

#23026 Jurai  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:14 AM

Chrisz will probably end up buying 1000 copies to flip on ebay, they should really impose a limit

#23027 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:32 AM

Yeah that's bullshit. I have a feeling that people like me, that just want one copy to keep to play, will most likely get screwed  

#23028 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:43 AM

It's not going to sell out in seconds. Nobody in their right mind is going to order thousands of copies of a game for a dead platform that is readily available on every other major current platform. Maybe if it was Scott Pilgrim or something.

#23029 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:45 AM

Yeah that's bullshit. I have a feeling that people like me, that just want one copy to keep to play, will most likely get screwed

6000 is a ton and it would be incredibly shocking if these sold fast enough for people to struggle getting it

#23030 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:51 AM

The WiiU was never big to begin with. Most big WiiU fans have moved on to the Switch. A lot of people still haven't heard of LRG. I have to guess there is not all that big of a WiiU collector's community. Sure, there is one, but it's not rabid. If it were 2000 copies then it might be a hard get. 6000 is a lot for the WiiU. If I had to guess, LRG are sweating bullets as to how they are going to sell 6000 copies. Any scalper who buys a really big amount should be prepared to be disappointed.

#23031 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:07 AM

Just because they are small does not give them the right to provide well below subpar service. It is unacceptable for any company to print a shipping label for your package and do nothing with it a month later.

Not to mention overpromise and underdeliver the shipping times of nearly every game. If you’re going to ship something in May, don’t say you’re going to mail in March or April — yet they do this over and over. Been doing it for years! When will they learn their lesson?

#23032 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6988 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:14 AM

The WiiU was never big to begin with. Most big WiiU fans have moved on to the Switch. A lot of people still haven't heard of LRG. I have to guess there is not all that big of a WiiU collector's community. Sure, there is one, but it's not rabid. If it were 2000 copies then it might be a hard get. 6000 is a lot for the WiiU. If I had to guess, LRG are sweating bullets as to how they are going to sell 6000 copies. Any scalper who buys a really big amount should be prepared to be disappointed.

Yeah, this was my feeling about this release as well, and if anyone is buying more than 1-2 copies, good luck flipping them for more than was paid. If this would have been offered along side the other versions, I think 6000 would have still been a hard sell. At this point in time, they should probably be offering a discount for qty's over 50, or whatever a case may be. I would still love to be proven wrong, as it would be great for all involved if this sells out at some point, but I'm not expecting that anytime soon.

#23033 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:25 AM

Not to mention overpromise and underdeliver the shipping times of nearly every game. If you’re going to ship something in May, don’t say you’re going to mail in March or April — yet they do this over and over. Been doing it for years! When will they learn their lesson?

Yeah this is actually true.

I feel like if you buy this to flip on ebay your going neg.

#23034 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:02 AM

Yeah, this was my feeling about this release as well, and if anyone is buying more than 1-2 copies, good luck flipping them for more than was paid. If this would have been offered along side the other versions, I think 6000 would have still been a hard sell. At this point in time, they should probably be offering a discount for qty's over 50, or whatever a case may be. I would still love to be proven wrong, as it would be great for all involved if this sells out at some point, but I'm not expecting that anytime soon.

Wouldn't surprise me if this game will be able to be had for $10 under MSRP within a few months of release. I also don't buy the idea that it will be the last WiiU game. Just Dance is still coming out for the Wii. No way they don't release Just Dance 2020 for WiiU. I think I will wait and see how the first batch fares, then get it in the second batch if it sells out in the first batch, otherwise will wait and get it cheaper down the road if sales from LRG are sluggish.

#23035 Jurai  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:28 AM

6000 is a ton and it would be incredibly shocking if these sold fast enough for people to struggle getting it

It's a late term Wii U title with a limited release, it's going to sell out rapidly, we should start a pot on what the biggest single quantity available ebay listing ends up being

#23036 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

astrotide

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:19 AM

Well said, slow shipping isn't my issue at all with LRG, it is constantly providing shipping dates that are never met. I'd rather they say something will ship in 6 months then if it ships in 3 well... holy crap it's 3 months early!

Unrelated: I did have a shipping label generated for an order last week and it was actually in transit within 24 hours. I think that is the first time that has happened for me.

#23037 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6988 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

Well said, slow shipping isn't my issue at all with LRG, it is constantly providing shipping dates that are never met. I'd rather they say something will ship in 6 months then if it ships in 3 well... holy crap it's 3 months early!

Unrelated: I did have a shipping label generated for an order last week and it was actually in transit within 24 hours. I think that is the first time that has happened for me.

Well, based on years of this history of doing the same thing, wouldn't it make sense to just say to yourself, "this item is going to ship 6 months after I purchase it"?

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing again and again, and expecting a different result.

If everyone here is well aware of them shipping late, why would anyone believe their estimates? How many times will each and everyone of you believe the same lie? Only to make a purchase, and then complain when LRG functions in the exact same way they have for years. I would say they are very consistent in their own failings, but yet a company who can't get their shit together for 3+ years, is now supposed to offer great shipping/service?

#23038 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2190 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:58 AM

i buy games i want physical. I pay for it than forget about it. Then it magically shows up in my mailbox and i play it.

I don't like Kickstarter, i don't use it. If i didn't like LRG then i wouldn't use it. I wouldn't give a Fuck.

Are the people bitching even planing to open the games to play? Don't they have backlogs?

#23039 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

astrotide

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

Well, based on years of this history of doing the same thing, wouldn't it make sense to just say to yourself, "this item is going to ship 6 months after I purchase it"?

Haha, that is exactly what I do say now! I don't actually care when I get what I order, even two or three years would be fine (as long as they don't go out of business). I don't believe the shipping estimates anymore, I'd just like them to be a little more accurate. That is all.

#23040 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing again and again, and expecting a different result.

If everyone here is well aware of them shipping late, why would anyone believe their estimates? How many times will each and everyone of you believe the same lie? Only to make a purchase, and then complain when LRG functions in the exact same way they have for years. I would say they are very consistent in their own failings, but yet a company who can't get their shit together for 3+ years, is now supposed to offer great shipping/service?

Right.  LRG is definitely not what they were when they started and it's impossible to give them high marks on much of anything at this point.  They meet the bare minimum requirement of eventually sending what is purchased.   That's it.  People calling it a "scam" go too far - it's definitely not a "scam", but it is being operated poorly at the moment.

Of course, they have little incentive to change.  Whatever they produce sells out.  I would think customer support gets slammed with requests, but how does that impact them?  They respond to them when they can.  No rush.  Don't like it?  Still going to sell out of whatever is put up next.  Look - it's Bubsy 3D CE in a PS4 case with the PS1 version of the game packaged in a retro-style NES plastic sleeve (because they have lots of extras), a highly aliased papercraft cube, and a double-sided Bubsy 3D poster.  $79.99.   Sold.  Out.  How do they do it?  Nobody knows.