* * * - - 31 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#23371 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

That's about what you would spend for most vinyl...

#23372 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:02 AM

I kinda wanted the doom soundtrack but eh, I doubt I'd listen to it and I don't like to pay over $20 for records.

I like to support artists. I'll never pay money for a download and CDs feel cheap. Records have a nice substantial size and heft and usually some nice artwork.

#23373 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12217 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:18 AM

This Friday's Mega Bundle is still available with 47% stock left.  Mega Bundles were started to make it easier for people to order everything going on sale with one button press.  Its pretty obvious that everyone that wanted everything has gotten it by now.  LRG should now just release the unsold stock from the Mega Bundle so more copies of Giga Wrecker Alt CE (Switch) and The First Tree can go to people that only want those titles.  My opinion of course, unless they want the Mega Bundle to sit around for a very long time.

#23374 Miker525  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:19 AM

Ended up missing all the $5 soundtrack blind boxes so if anyone got an extra let me know!

#23375 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4056 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:25 PM

Hey guys, I have Saturday Morning RPG and Curses 'N Chaos both brand new and sealed for the Vita that I'm looking to sell, but I had a question first. Both of these have hole punches in the bar code. I'm 99% sure they were from someone who worked for PlayStation that used to sell them to a store nearby my house and was wondering as collector's how much would the hole punches drop the value you for you if any at all. 

#23376 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4870 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

Hey guys, I have Saturday Morning RPG and Curses 'N Chaos both brand new and sealed for the Vita that I'm looking to sell, but I had a question first. Both of these have hole punches in the bar code. I'm 99% sure they were from someone who worked for PlayStation that used to sell them to a store nearby my house and was wondering as collector's how much would the hole punches drop the value you for you if any at all. 

That's going to be heavily dependent on the individual. For me, condition is paramount--to an almost maddening degree lol--so I wouldn't pay $.05 for those. There are, however, a surprising amount of people that buy this stuff that are not too fussed about condition. So the price will absolutely go down from the non-hole punched average, but you'll definitely still be able to sell 'em. I'd find the average eBay sold price for new copies and drop the price by about $10. That might not be enough, but it's a good way to test the waters. 

#23377 astrotide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

astrotide

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

I don't personally know any collectors that would buy a promotional-hole-punched copy. If I extrapolate based on that, then a serious collector might find little to no value in a promo copy.

I'm sure someone will buy them though, just figure out the going rate for a retail copy and try to get as close to that amount as possible.

#23378 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

Just got Sundered.  They didn't even really try with that rear cover art.  Pretty much blank with the game's title.  

#23379 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:57 PM

Just got Sundered.  They didn't even really try with that rear cover art.  Pretty much blank with the game's title.  

I saw that, too. I've felt that a few developers haven't been trying hard with their artwork, especially how many have a folded insert that is pretty much blank. It really makes me wish LRG was either 1) pushing developers to do complete and proper artwork (especially considering the increased cost), or 2) show us upfront what rear and insert artwork looks like before we purchased.

But considering how quickly every game sells out, they have zero motivation to change anything.

#23380 Tothoro  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:34 PM

I personally wouldn't buy them at all, but some people don't care. If you drop the going price by 20% you should get offers.

Just don't try to sell them without disclosing that the UPCs are hole-punched; any buyer protection would side with the buyer in that case.

#23381 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4056 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:40 PM

I personally wouldn't buy them at all, but some people don't care. If you drop the going price by 20% you should get offers.

Just don't try to sell them without disclosing that the UPCs are hole-punched; any buyer protection would side with the buyer in that case.

No doubt. Anytime I receive an offer I make sure to say that. Good looking out though, fellow CAG. 

#23382 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

I saw that, too. I've felt that a few developers haven't been trying hard with their artwork, especially how many have a folded insert that is pretty much blank. It really makes me wish LRG was either 1) pushing developers to do complete and proper artwork (especially considering the increased cost), or 2) show us upfront what rear and insert artwork looks like before we purchased.

But considering how quickly every game sells out, they have zero motivation to change anything.

I did see that it's not really "blank" like I thought - there is some kind of art/design on there, it is just very hard to make out.  I am guessing maybe it's meant to be some kind of continuation of the front artwork.

#23383 Tothoro  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:51 AM

Finally got my last 2018 order from LRG (Battle Chef CE + Rabi Ribi). Every now and then they really seem to step up their shipping game, but then they go back to multiple weekly releases and get buried again.

#23384 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2548 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:11 AM

Was super excited to receive Koihime Erbu. Really happy LRG secured this release!

Come on LRG - go get Full Throttle for PS4 :-)

#23385 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   706 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:28 AM

Yay, my Shantae CE with a gold card came in! Woop Woop!

#23386 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:50 AM

I'm in the camp that wouldn't care about a hole punch, but also the camp that ain't paying above retail for any release so... Maybe there's an answer in there.

#23387 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:47 PM

I finally got a switch so now I can look at LRG switch games when they come out. So far all I want is golf story which I got one off ebay for a decent price and danmaku. Sadly I want danmaku also as I am a huge schmup fan but I cant ever afford 70 bucks, Id kill for that one but my budget is limited to like 40 bucks for a game.

#23388 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   452 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:53 PM

I bought Abe's Oddysee for Vita off of Ebay and received a hole-punched copy. I didn't know what it was at the time and didn't complain or return it. So... if you're a crappy person, you can find a sucker. But don't be that crappy person, please.

#23389 Jurai  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:47 PM

I bought Abe's Oddysee for Vita off of Ebay and received a hole-punched copy. I didn't know what it was at the time and didn't complain or return it. So... if you're a crappy person, you can find a sucker. But don't be that crappy person, please.

Shouldn't copies like that not even be getting out for resell, I seem to recall someone over at lrg mentioning something about it at some point

#23390 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:48 PM

Yay, my Shantae CE with a gold card came in! Woop Woop!

Is there a way to see what cards were made for Shantae? 

#23391 Sito  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:49 PM

I finally got a switch so now I can look at LRG switch games when they come out. So far all I want is golf story which I got one off ebay for a decent price and danmaku. Sadly I want danmaku also as I am a huge schmup fan but I cant ever afford 70 bucks, Id kill for that one but my budget is limited to like 40 bucks for a game.

Keep in mind that Best Buy has a few switch LRG games (Golf Story being one) so you can avoid the 'bay (Unless its cheaper there or you like the LRG artwork more!)  I actually like getting them at Best Buy personally because I still have GCU

#23392 Evil_Gizmo  

Evil_Gizmo

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:15 PM

Shouldn't copies like that not even be getting out for resell, I seem to recall someone over at lrg mentioning something about it at some point

Yeah, those are supposed to be for Sony only, they aren't supposed to be selling them.

#23393 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, those are supposed to be for Sony only, they aren't supposed to be selling them.

There used to be a Sony call center in my town. When Sony closed it down a couple of years ago, all the games for employees to "check out" were just handed out to them in a free for all. It wasn't long before every pawn shop and gamestop in town were flooded with those copies. I wouldn't doubt many hit ebay, too. Perhaps something similar happened?

#23394 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:03 PM

Keep in mind that Best Buy has a few switch LRG games (Golf Story being one) so you can avoid the 'bay (Unless its cheaper there or you like the LRG artwork more!)  I actually like getting them at Best Buy personally because I still have GCU

Ah I didnt know that, thanks. Sadly looks like bestbuy never got danmaku though.

#23395 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:05 PM

Ah I didnt know that, thanks. Sadly looks like bestbuy never got danmaku though.

In case you were wanting to know these are all the games Best Buy has gotten from Limited Run Games. All are still available too.

Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe $34.99
Golf Story $29.99
Yooka-Laylee $49.99
Windjammers $29.99
Super Meat Boy $29.99

Celeste, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, and Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove will also be available from Best Buy at a later date.

#23396 Evil_Gizmo  

Evil_Gizmo

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

It'll be mentioned on the product page on the LRG site if it's going to be available at Best Buy.

#23397 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12217 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:41 AM

In case you were wanting to know these are all the games Best Buy has gotten from Limited Run Games. All are still available too.

Golf Story $29.99
Yooka-Laylee $49.99
Windjammers $29.99
Super Meat Boy $29.99

Celeste and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon will also be available from Best Buy at a later date.

I believe Toejam and Earl will also be carried by Best Buy when it eventually releases.

#23398 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:55 AM

I believe Toejam and Earl will also be carried by Best Buy when it eventually releases.

Oh, thank you! I forgot Best Buy was getting that one too. I’ll add that to my previous post.

#23399 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2329 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:44 PM

Golf Story $29.99
Yooka-Laylee $49.99
Windjammers $29.99
Super Meat Boy $29.99

Celeste, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, and Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove will also be available from Best Buy at a later date.

Last month my BB had 40 copies of Yooka-Laylee. Today, I found three. I doubt they sold that many, but I haven't seen the price drop. Is BB sending to other stores, tossing them, or is YL actually selling at $50?

#23400 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2898 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

Last month my BB had 40 copies of Yooka-Laylee. Today, I found three. I doubt they sold that many, but I haven't seen the price drop. Is BB sending to other stores, tossing them, or is YL actually selling at $50?

They are either backstocking to remove the optics of a TONS OF GAMES NOT SELLING, or they are being fulfilled with online orders. From my understanding Best Buy -like Target- often have retail store employees fulfilling online orders, rather than say a "distribution center". While there is still the need for some sort of warehouse or distribution center, having the stores fulfill orders is a fantastic logistics idea.