* * * - - 31 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#23611 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

Oh cool, my Lumines preorder just shipped.

#23612 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7017 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:23 PM

WOW, as of today, I'm 100% caught up with all my LRG orders, and have nothing waiting to ship or arrive. This is like old times, as my recent orders have all been shipping within 30 days, and arriving much faster after shipping as well.

#23613 Destro14  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:51 AM

Does LRG announce if Best Buy does NOT go through with an order? Is the whole "wait at your own risk" just a ploy to get people to order from them? I want Bloodstained, but am waiting for BB, but no preorder yet, and this game has finished shipping to those who ordered according to the LRG site. 

#23614 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11731 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:56 AM

did lrg confirm Best Buy was going to stock Bloodstained?

#23615 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:57 AM

Got a big box from LRG with a bunch of stuff. One of the cards I got was a printing plate for a Chronus Arc card. Anyone get a printing plate? Apparently, they can come with blind boxes. I recently ordered a soundtrack blind box, but my big box didn't contain a soundtrack  :-k 

Too bad it wasn't for a better game :razz: 

Label side

Spoiler

Image side
Spoiler

#23616 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:29 AM

did lrg confirm Best Buy was going to stock Bloodstained?

Just looked back at the email and they did confirm it.

“Please note that Best Buy will be receiving copies of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon on Switch and selling them at a later date.”

I feel ya Destro. I’ve been checking everyday for like two months on Best Buy putting Bloodstained up. I wish they would just do it already.

#23617 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:30 AM

https://limitedrunga...duction-updates
Very vague "expected in May".

So more like mid to late july.

#23618 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1283 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

WOW, as of today, I'm 100% caught up with all my LRG orders, and have nothing waiting to ship or arrive. This is like old times, as my recent orders have all been shipping within 30 days, and arriving much faster after shipping as well.

You only buying vita games? Because they have all those on hand. I'm still waiting on like 7+ games. Production updates has said CruisinMix is "shipping now" for weeks but I didn't get my confirm yet.

Edit: apparently they've changed it on the page today to expected by late May lol.

#23619 Tothoro  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

You only buying vita games? Because they have all those on hand. I'm still waiting on like 7+ games. Production updates has said CruisinMix is "shipping now" for weeks but I didn't get my confirm yet.

Edit: apparently they've changed it on the page today to expected by late May lol.

Yeah, waiting on six orders here. Going to be moving next month too, so hopefully customer support will understand.

#23620 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7017 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

Yep, Vita only at this point, sorry for not pointing that out, but I assumed most would figure that out, since all NS games have production times, as do certain PS4 titles at this point(impossible to get games in under 30 days). Yeah, I only ever bought a few PS4 titles early on, then realized where that was leading, and opted out. I have collected a few NS titles, but after West of Loathing, I threw in the towel there as well. I'm open to special titles on either system, but after collecting for the Vita, and still grabbing the last few titles, I've all but retired from the "limited" game offerings.

#23621 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

MockUp_Market_Banner_DesertChild_grande.

MockUp_Market_Banner_DoctorDekker_grande

MockUp_Market_Banner_StrikersEdge_grande

#23622 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8179 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

LRG sure has put out a lot of crap this year.  I have exactly one order since last September and that was Celeste.   There have been 1 or 2 other things I was considering buying, but didn't feel motivated enough to follow through on it.  There has been a severe lack of in-demand games going back to Q2, Q3 last year when a few notable titles were published. 

Proof is in that this page hardly moves at all on release day anymore. 

#23623 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:40 PM

Just looked up the Metacritic...

Skip

#23624 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5407 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

Got my Switch blind box today.....Saturday Morning RPG.  Not one of the ones I was hoping for, but I respect it as a Mighty Rabbit production. 

#23625 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9248 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:22 AM

Desert Edge looks cool. It also looks a prime candidate for one of the Humble monthlies. I already have one of those live action games, and I'm not sure I want others.

#23626 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   37017 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:22 AM

Say what you will about trophies, but it ticks me off just a bit that Josh tweeted their release of Bloodstained on Vita would have a separate trophy list with a platinum trophy, but the list appears to be the exact same as the digital version: https://psnprofiles....rse-of-the-moon

This list appeared earlier tonight. I doubt I was the only one whose decision to buy a copy was influenced by the possibility of a new platinum trophy attached to it.

#23627 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5780 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:14 AM

Say what you will about trophies, but it ticks me off just a bit that Josh tweeted their release of Bloodstained on Vita would have a separate trophy list with a platinum trophy, but the list appears to be the exact same as the digital version: https://psnprofiles....rse-of-the-moon

This list appeared earlier tonight. I doubt I was the only one whose decision to buy a copy was influenced by the possibility of a new platinum trophy attached to it.

Bait and Switch!

#23628 Tothoro  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

https://twitter.com/...677164675686400

I remember talking about this recently either here or in the Indie/Limited thread. Held off on buying it on sale several times because it seemed like a good candidate for physical, guess my stubbornness paid off this time.

#23629 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

He never said specifically that there would be a platinum trophy but he implied that they had something special planned for the for vita physical release. I thought that would mean a new list with a platinum and not a stack list. That is pretty disappointing but I am still happy I was able to add the physical vita copy to my collection.

#23630 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   37017 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

He never said specifically that there would be a platinum trophy but he implied that they had something special planned for the for vita physical release. I thought that would mean a new list with a platinum and not a stack list. That is pretty disappointing but I am still happy I was able to add the physical vita copy to my collection.

Then that might be my mistake. I could have sworn I saw a platinum mentioned somewhere, though.

#23631 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:07 PM

I remember talking about this recently either here or in the Indie/Limited thread. Held off on buying it on sale several times because it seemed like a good candidate for physical, guess my stubbornness paid off this time.

Bah! I just bought this, too. Oh well. Thanks for posting.

#23632 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:27 PM

Would have been nice to mention it's Forgotton Anne for the Switch and PS4.

I played the demo of it recently on Switch.  Overall, a pretty cool experience but one I can just wait for a great digital sale on.

#23633 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3542 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:59 PM

I played the demo of it recently on Switch.  Overall, a pretty cool experience but one I can just wait for a great digital sale on.

Maybe they just forgot

#23634 elessar123  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

Maybe they just forgot

Her?

#23635 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12276 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:55 PM

If this is true, does it mean that LRG now has a relationship with Square Enix?  Potentially exciting news.

#23636 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

If this is true, does it mean that LRG now has a relationship with Square Enix?  Potentially exciting news.

Just click the twitter link Tothoro posted, Forgotton Anne is in the works.  It's the developer Throughline Games announced the game.  SE  just handled digital publishing and likely has no hand in the physical production... but it would be interesting if SE was involved.  Also it's the Anniversary of the game, so a convenient time to announce the deal with LRG if they previously were under an exclusive contract with SE that's now expired.

Side note...

I haven't seen in mentioned here but stumbled on the next VR game... it's something called A-Train Express and it's releases next Wed (22nd).  I don't collect this stuff but figured I'd share it here to contribute. :beer:

Here's the link: https://www.instagra.../p/BxfaY9SCsHc/

#23637 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2324 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:05 AM

Just click the twitter link Tothoro posted, Forgotton Anne is in the works.  It's the developer Throughline Games announced the game.  SE  just handled digital publishing and likely has no hand in the physical production... but it would be interesting if SE was involved.  Also it's the Anniversary of the game, so a convenient time to announce the deal with LRG if they previously were under an exclusive contract with SE that's now expired.

Side note...

I haven't seen in mentioned here but stumbled on the next VR game... it's something called A-Train Express and it's releases next Wed (22nd).  I don't collect this stuff but figured I'd share it here to contribute. :beer:

Here's the link: https://www.instagra.../p/BxfaY9SCsHc/

I was interested until I saw the $49.99 price tag.

#23638 PlunderedGamer  

PlunderedGamer

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:35 AM

My Jak 1 Standard arrived damaged about a week ago, so I filed a support ticket and they sent a replacement that arrived in 2 days along with that nice LR cardboard box. I didn't get my copies of Jak 2 yet because I ordered the Mega January Bundle whatever .The Jak 1 and 2 CE"s are about to be shipped on the 31st of this month, so I'm anticipating what they look like.

#23639 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12276 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:41 AM

I was interested until I saw the $49.99 price tag.

I don't know what the normal retail price of the Japanese version was but they seem to sell for almost twice that now.

I am curious if everything is in English though since I may be wrong but I don't think this game got a US digital release?

I am definitely thinking about it, but the high price is not making it an easy decision.  With tax and shipping it actually costs more than most AAA retail releases.

#23640 Jurai  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

I don't know what the normal retail price of the Japanese version was but they seem to sell for almost twice that now.

I am curious if everything is in English though since I may be wrong but I don't think this game got a US digital release?

I am definitely thinking about it, but the high price is not making it an easy decision.  With tax and shipping it actually costs more than most AAA retail releases.

It was just announced to be coming here, it'll be on psn