* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Thumper [Switch/PS4] Pre-orders & Hue [Vita/PS4] on July 20th!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#19501 consumption   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

consumption

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:34 PM

Is Oceanhorn for the swtich not considered part of the Limited Run collection? Mine didn't come with a ticket or a card. 

#19502 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1907 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:39 PM

Is Oceanhorn for the swtich not considered part of the Limited Run collection? Mine didn't come with a ticket or a card. 

I almost posted the same thing earlier this week before I remembered they were just the distributor for that one. :-

#19503 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10998 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:42 AM

Ongoing pre-orders
Night Trap (Switch) open pre-order until 20th July

Still In Stock
Magicka 2 (PS4, 3,500 copies)

July 20th 2018
Thumper (Switch & PS4 open pre-order until 3rd August, 2000 Switch CEs and 1000 PS4 CEs)
Hue (PS4, Vita, 2300 copies of each platform)

July 27th 2018 TBC
Exile's End (PS4, Vita number of copies TBC)
Everspace (PS4, open pre-orders until 24th August)
Mystery Game (PS4, Vita, open pre-orders for 30 days)

August 3rd 2018
Mystery Game 2: Mystery Harder (Switch, presumably open-preoders for 14 days)

August 10th 2018
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)
Rabi-Rabi (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)

August 17th 2018
West of Loathing (Switch) open pre-order until 31st August

August 24th 2018
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit (Vita, number of copies TBC)

August 31st 2018
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch, open pre-orders until 14th September)

September 3rd 2018
Yooka Laylee (Switch, open pre-orders until 1st October)

September 7th 2018
Salt and Sanctuary (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)
Mystery Game With A Vengeance (PS4, number of copies TBC)
Live Free or Mystery Game (PS4, number of copies TBC)

#19504 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:02 AM

Easy pass again for me today. Definitely back for exiles end tho and I want everspace but I'll see what else I can bundle in an order with it. They're all preorders now anyway so I hate not knowing what will arrive at the same time.

#19505 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:27 PM

Any idea when Aaero might ship?

#19506 bobaroo2  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:31 PM

Wait, they want $65 for the physical release of thumper? That seems a bit much

Nvm, just saw thats for the collectors, still though $35? Isnt the digital $20 full price?

#19507 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3471 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

Wait, they want $65 for the physical release of thumper? That seems a bit much

Nvm, just saw thats for the collectors, still though $35? Isnt the digital $20 full price?

Yeah, digital is $20. Price is in line with most of the other Switch releases they have done so far. Usually $29.99 or $34.99. 

#19508 Tothoro  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

Any idea when Aaero might ship?

July: https://limitedrunga...duction-updates

It's vague, but it's something I guess.

#19509 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5141 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

I caved and bought the last copy of Magicka 2. Been waffling on it since it went up for sale. I figured there’s been nothing for me for weeks and it doesn’t look like there is anything till Phantom Breaker and Rabi Rabi in a few weeks so why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19510 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6291 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, I'm grabbing Night Trap and Hue, as I was hoping for another NS title to go with NT, so I'm just gonna combine that with Hue and wait. I actually have Hue digital, so no big deal in the delay I guess. I'm sure for most, Thumper will go good for combining, but while that game has great reviews, it's not something I see myself playing. So it's a Vita/NS combine day for me I guess.

#19511 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

Yeah, digital is $20. Price is in line with most of the other Switch releases they have done so far. Usually $29.99 or $34.99.

I always thought the rule of thumb was $10 over digital so I’d expect Thumper to be $29.99 for PS4. It looks really cool, especially in VR, but that extra $5 will likely cause me to pass. I do like the preorder option though, if I change my mind in a few days it will still be available.

#19512 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11327 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

I always thought the rule of thumb was $10 over digital so I’d expect Thumper to be $29.99 for PS4. It looks really cool, especially in VR, but that extra $5 will likely cause me to pass. I do like the preorder option though, if I change my mind in a few days it will still be available.

A lot of their Switch games (and even some of their PS4 games) have been $15 over digital lately.  Their response when asked about it (Night Trap specifically): "Because we can."

#19513 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3471 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:10 PM

Switch carts cost more to produce so not surprised LRG has increased the price a bit. I am debating on Thumper for Switch, but just the standard, the CE has a sweet steelbook, but I don't really care about the rest of the stuff and $65 is too rich for my blood. I have the game digitally on PS4 and playing in VR is the way to go for sure, it's a very intense and visceral experience in VR. 

A lot of their Switch games (and even some of their PS4 games) have been $15 over digital lately.  Their response when asked about it (Night Trap specifically): "Because we can."

Makes it easier to pass on some of the Switch releases when I have them on PS4 already. 

#19514 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11327 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

Finally a quick sellout on a PS4 CE.  Probably because it was only limited to 1000 units.

#19515 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6291 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

Makes it easier to pass on some of the Switch releases when I have them on PS4 already. 

Yeah, this is my rule of thumb for the Vita as well, no double dipping on NS titles I already have. I sold my PS4 Night Trap ages ago, when I thought the Vita version was still likely to happen. Now that's a pipe dream, so I did order the NS version, as it's my only copy at this point.

#19516 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

A lot of their Switch games (and even some of their PS4 games) have been $15 over digital lately. Their response when asked about it (Night Trap specifically): "Because we can."

Wow.. I really hope that’s not true. Seems like a pretty cocky response that I wouldn’t expect from the guys at LRG. Sadly they are probably right though, most of their stuff sells out eventually.

#19517 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

Does anyone know if they automatically ship in a box if a PS4 game is ordered with a Switch game?  I seem to recall that in the past if a PS4 game was ordered with anything else, they'd ship in a box.  I'm not sure if that is still the case since they started selling Switch games.  I guess the box is only an extra $2, so it's not a big deal to add it....  

#19518 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22418 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:53 PM

Ongoing pre-orders
Night Trap (Switch) open pre-order until 20th July

Still In Stock
Magicka 2 (PS4, 3,500 copies)

July 20th 2018
Thumper (Switch & PS4 open pre-order until 3rd August, 2000 Switch CEs and 1000 PS4 CEs)
Hue (PS4, Vita, 2300 copies of each platform)

July 27th 2018 TBC
Exile's End (PS4, Vita number of copies TBC)
Everspace (PS4, open pre-orders until 24th August)
Mystery Game (PS4, Vita, open pre-orders for 30 days)

August 3rd 2018
Mystery Game 2: Mystery Harder (Switch, presumably open-preoders for 14 days)

August 10th 2018
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)
Rabi-Rabi (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)

August 17th 2018
West of Loathing (Switch) open pre-order until 31st August

August 24th 2018
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit (Vita, number of copies TBC)

August 31st 2018
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch, open pre-orders until 14th September)

September 3rd 2018
Yooka Laylee (Switch, open pre-orders until 1st October)

September 7th 2018
Salt and Sanctuary (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)
Mystery Game With A Vengeance (PS4, number of copies TBC)
Live Free or Mystery Game (PS4, number of copies TBC)

Yo, thanks for compiling these lists. You're a godsend for people like me who can't keep up with all the news/info that gets released who knows when and where. 

#19519 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

Got this one too, though it's locked to individual orders, so no code sharing. Might be an incentive for me to get a Switch copy soon!

Did anyone try using the Night Trap 10% off code?  I just tried mine and it didn't work.

#19520 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6291 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

Does anyone know if they automatically ship in a box if a PS4 game is ordered with a Switch game?  I seem to recall that in the past if a PS4 game was ordered with anything else, they'd ship in a box.  I'm not sure if that is still the case since they started selling Switch games.  I guess the box is only an extra $2, so it's not a big deal to add it....  

Yeah, a PS$ game along with any other game is supposed to get a box, or at least that's how it used to work.

Did anyone try using the Night Trap 10% off code?  I just tried mine and it didn't work.

I would have, but I never got one, or if I did, I couldn't find it(as I should have gotten it).

#19521 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10998 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

Yo, thanks for compiling these lists. You're a godsend for people like me who can't keep up with all the news/info that gets released who knows when and where.

No problem my dude

#19522 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1907 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

Mine didn't work either.

#19523 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

July: https://limitedrunga...duction-updates

It's vague, but it's something I guess.

Thanks!

#19524 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11327 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:57 AM

Supposedly they will be releasing a 10% off code for CSH Switch as well (for previous buyers).  Hopefully those actually work.

On another note I picked up Night Trap originally but never got a 10% off code for the Switch version.  I wonder what decided whether you got a code or not.

#19525 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6291 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Yesterday, 01:04 AM

Supposedly they will be releasing a 10% off code for CSH Switch as well (for previous buyers).  Hopefully those actually work.

On another note I picked up Night Trap originally but never got a 10% off code for the Switch version.  I wonder what decided whether you got a code or not.

Yeah, same for me, I never got the code. I'll probably get the one for CSH, since I have no plans to use it. LOL

#19526 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:06 PM

It will be interesting to see if that 8-count Night Trap trading card bundle becomes valuable.  I find it crazy but some people pay $5-10 per trading card and the Night Trap set was only available to order through their site for a limited time and is being printed to demand.

#19527 Tothoro  

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

It will be interesting to see if that 8-count Night Trap trading card bundle becomes valuable.  I find it crazy but some people pay $5-10 per trading card and the Night Trap set was only available to order through their site for a limited time and is being printed to demand.

I don't think so. Looking at eBay 2-3 cards get sold per day, and in the end value doesn't mean anything if nobody's willing to buy it.

#19528 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6291 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Yesterday, 03:34 PM

I ordered it, but I didn't know it was being printed to order, otherwise I may have grabbed a few extra. I bought them as I like LRG trading cards, so getting that special set seemed a no brainer. I really wish LRG had started to offer the TC packs by now, as I don't get many games, so getting cards is kind of hard for me normally.

Right now prices are pretty high for what these are, but that really comes down to the amount of cards in the wild. Right now the only way to get cards is with orders, so for those it's not hard to see the current level of demand. Once packs are available(if ever), I'm happy to just buy those and see what I get. Of course at that point, more forums and places for trade and the like will happen, which will let everyone trade, buy, etc for the cards they want. The night trap set being made to order, I see that being rather expensive for the duration, so long as LRG continues to offer TC.

#19529 bigloser   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

bigloser

Posted Yesterday, 07:51 PM

For those who are considering Hue, but are on the fence. If you have an Xbox One, it's on the Xbox Game Pass.

#19530 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted Yesterday, 07:57 PM

I ordered it, but I didn't know it was being printed to order, otherwise I may have grabbed a few extra. I bought them as I like LRG trading cards, so getting that special set seemed a no brainer. I really wish LRG had started to offer the TC packs by now, as I don't get many games, so getting cards is kind of hard for me normally.

Right now prices are pretty high for what these are, but that really comes down to the amount of cards in the wild. Right now the only way to get cards is with orders, so for those it's not hard to see the current level of demand. Once packs are available(if ever), I'm happy to just buy those and see what I get. Of course at that point, more forums and places for trade and the like will happen, which will let everyone trade, buy, etc for the cards they want. The night trap set being made to order, I see that being rather expensive for the duration, so long as LRG continues to offer TC.

It has kind of surprised me how high the values have been for Switch LRG versions, given that they are made to order and the print runs are likely way higher than their other stuff. Shows you the popularity of Switch. I’ve been loading up on these lately and it’s like printing money. Yes, a slight brag but more of a tip for any others who are so inclined.