* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - West of Loathing Pre-order opens on August 17

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#16321 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

On a side note, do other people feel like 2017 just happened to be a slow year for indie game releases? 

Maybe I spent too much time on the NFL and fantasy football this year, that I'm out of the loop.  But I've checked out several goty and best games from '17 lists and there just wasn't a whole lot of good Indie action.   Seems like it was a down year.  It's probably hard to find good stuff to publish, let alone get a deal done.

The biggest things I heard of were games like Thimbleweed Park, Night in the Woods, and What Remains of Edith Finch.  I hope LRG can get some of those games. 

iam8bit is doing What Remains of Edith Finch : https://store.iam8bi...hysical-edition

#16322 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

Oh, the irony and lack of self awareness with this guy...

He’s right. You zero in on negative press like a fly to shit.

#16323 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30547 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

On a side note, do other people feel like 2017 just happened to be a slow year for indie game releases?

Maybe I spent too much time on the NFL and fantasy football this year, that I'm out of the loop.  But I've checked out several goty and best games from '17 lists and there just wasn't a whole lot of good Indie action.   Seems like it was a down year.  It's probably hard to find good stuff to publish, let alone get a deal done.

The biggest things I heard of were games like Thimbleweed Park, Night in the Woods, and What Remains of Edith Finch.  I hope LRG can get some of those games. 

I really enjoyed Sundered, Steamworld Dig 2, and A Hat in Time.

EDIT: Oh and Flinthook was pretty sweet too.

#16324 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11382 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

Im kind of disappointed this is even the announced title. I thought the plan for Switch was higher profile releases at a reduced rate.

It's already been mentioned but Saturday Morning RPG is their own internally developed title so it makes total sense that they would publish a Switch version.  If you don't like it you're not forced to buy it.  I also expect Breach and Clear to eventually go to Switch as well.

Regarding the "Switch tax" I could have sworn Josh posted on here months ago that they likely wouldn't be charging more for Switch games as the costs were similar to Vita games and they didn't charge a lot more for them.  Could be wrong but I seem to remember that.

#16325 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6386 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:14 AM

Regarding the "Switch tax" I could have sworn Josh posted on here months ago that they likely wouldn't be charging more for Switch games as the costs were similar to Vita games and they didn't charge a lot more for them.  Could be wrong but I seem to remember that.

I read that at the time as well, but until a game and price is actually given, I'll just expect the worst(especially where "N" is involved). LOL

#16326 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3425 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

I really enjoyed Sundered, Steamworld Dig 2, and A Hat in Time.

EDIT: Oh and Flinthook was pretty sweet too.

I beat Steamworld 2 on Switch before I beat anything else including Zelda and I bought Switch at launch. Some of it was timing and convenience of getting into a metroidvania game over some huge open world game but Switch is now my defacto system for smaller games. I just hope A Hat in Time and bunch of these other great smaller games get ported instead of some of the junk currently getting put on there.

#16327 Jurai  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

iam8bit is doing What Remains of Edith Finch : https://store.iam8bi...hysical-edition

I really want the edith finch physical, but still can't justify supporting iam8bit after the terrible Rez release

#16328 jeff79   Banned Banned   48 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

jeff79

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

I love these limited release of games, but the resellers really screw over fans.....

looks like chrisz300zx is one of the worst offenders, Limited Run Games doesn't see to care or want to protect their fans.....

but he's screwing people and abusing PLAY ASIA policy with bleed.

he's reselling FIVE copies !

I reported him to PLAY ASIA, I'd suggest you help as well.... let's keep the games to the fans, and

not the resellers who try to screw us over !

https://www.ebay.com...NgAAOSw-JJaVDtA

#16329 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4550 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

Bleed is still in stock at PA. If people are stupid enough to pay him almost double for one, then that's on them and him. Hell, I just sold a Cursed Castilla Vita copy for $55 when PA still has it in stock. I don't even remotely understand how someone can't google something to find it at retail for MSRP. But that seems to be the reality of it, and that's purely on them. 

I know the main part of the conversation is for things that are actually sold out, but it's never going to stop. And it's not always purely heinous. I've sold a ton of LRG and PA items. I typically buy two to have a better chance of getting a mint one out of it, and I can sell the spare to off set the cost of my one by a little bit. 

TL;DR: Drop the witch hunts ffs.

#16330 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6386 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Limited Run Games doesn't see to care or want to protect their fans.....

You do know they looked in to this guy many times in the past, and even bought from him in the hopes of getting to the bottom of this right? It has also never been proven this guy has done anything wrong. Just because he has multiple copies of something, doesn't mean he bought them all himself, or broke any rules to get them.

LRG stopped looking for him, as it was a waste of time, efforts, and funds. I would suggest you do the same, but if your really in to it, you could probably hire a PI and I'm sure he could discover who this is. But then what? What would that information get you? 

#16331 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1945 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

This Chris guy is going to be able to retire in Maui at this rate. :D

#16332 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7101 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

There are capitalists, someone please help!

#16333 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:07 AM

You should see the amount of people who overpaid for Undertale on Ebay. :lol:

#16334 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:01 AM

Any updates on when blind boxes are supposed to ship? 

#16335 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:13 AM

Any updates on when blind boxes are supposed to ship? 

Soon? They closed the office atm due to heavy snowfall and stuff

#16336 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11331 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Will pick up Sky Force next week and maybe Croixleur both on vita version.

Tempting on Croixleur

#16337 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

This has to be the first time games went up for sale and zero people posted to this thread about it... well, until I just did an hour after they went up.  

#16338 ChronoSlayer   Cheaper than an asian hooker! CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

ChronoSlayer

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

Completely agree with Brandon. No love for the bit trip here sickens me to the core..

#16339 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

I may have to buy Croixleur just for the cards. I really like that cover art.

Unless someone here who plans to get the game wants to sell me their cards super cheap.

#16340 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Completely agree with Brandon. No love for the bit trip here sickens me to the core..

It has nothing to do with the quality of the games, I think people just have the games already. Relatively speaking the original Bit Trip games are pretty old. There's a physical collection for Wii and 3DS (I have the 3DS version digitally), and most who have these already probably have them on PC. I know I got a couple of these redeemed for free on Steam years ago.

#16341 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6386 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

It has nothing to do with the quality of the games, I think people just have the games already. Relatively speaking the original Bit Trip games are pretty old. There's a physical collection for Wii and 3DS (I have the 3DS version digitally), and most who have these already probably have them on PC. I know I got a couple of these redeemed for free on Steam years ago.

Yeah, I agree, this is a rather old collection, which most already owning it. But it was also easy to get, so there really just wan't much need to carry on a conversation about it this morning. I grabbed mine at 7, and went back to work. We've had a few other titles in the past with low Friday morning chat, as some games just don't require a lot of talk.

#16342 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2545 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

I just don't feel as much of a need to post about something that has almost become routine. I did actually put in an order for Bit.Trip for the PS4 this morning, as well as a copy of Screencheat. Both seem to be solid titles. I didn't see anything to indicate that the Vita version of Bit.Trip runs on the PSTV, so I opted for the PS4 version instead. This has been going on long enough that a bit of the excitement has worn off. Nothing wrong with that, it happens to everything that endures.

I do already have the Wii version of the Bit.Trip collection. But I don't mind getting it again on the PS4, especially at these prices.

#16343 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4550 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, these releases were far from exciting, no controversies about pricing, CEs, etc, and they sold as slow as molasses. I guess there was just not much to discuss.

#16344 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

Bit Trip shouldve came around the time of the other game.

#16345 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, these releases were far from exciting, no controversies about pricing, CEs, etc, and they sold as slow as molasses. I guess there was just not much to discuss.

When has that stopped anyone before?  Obviously it did, but it's just weird.  No "got mine, that was easy."  No "this is the end of LRG because these aren't selling out."  No whining about Chris having these up for sale on Ebay already for double the price.  Nobody even bothered to play the greatest hits.  

I'm not saying there was anything to discuss - I'm not sure there usually is.  It's just the first time I think it's gone completely silent during the 10AM launch before.

#16346 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4550 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

When has that stopped anyone before?  Obviously it did, but it's just weird.  No "got mine, that was easy."  No "this is the end of LRG because these aren't selling out."  No whining about Chris having these up for sale on Ebay already for double the price.  Nobody even bothered to play the greatest hits.  

I'm not saying there was anything to discuss - I'm not sure there usually is.  It's just the first time I think it's gone completely silent during the 10AM launch before.

Agreed. I also thought it was weird. There have been unexciting Fridays that get maybe a comment or two, but I'm not sure if I can remember it ever being completely silent either. 

#16347 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Going to buy 99Vidas instead; it is right up my alley

#16348 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3673 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

It was an easy pass for me on these two titles. Next week, I "might" get Sky Force Anniversary.

#16349 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11382 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

I think next week will see a lot more activity.  Bit Trip already had an arguably better physical release on Wii and Screencheat seems very niche and possibly something that can get old fast.  I ordered copies of each though to keep my LRG collection going.

#16350 T.A.P.  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:26 AM

I just wasn't interested in either game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: limited run games, omg so rare, ps4, vita