Doom $39.99 @ BB, (next week)

Great price for an awesome game! Now where is the rest of next weeks ad! Hoping for drops on some games I've been waiting for. 

Great price for such a great game. If you are an FPS fan you owe it to yourself to play it. It is an absolute blast from the first minute on.

It was posted on slickdeals so it's merely a rumor till we get ad scan. I don't think these incomplete posts belong here, better to just wait for the ad to be posted.

Anyone know the best way to request a retroactive pricematch at BB?  Calling on the phone is usually a disaster for me.  Can it be done through the forums?  I am elite plus if that makes a difference.

Anyone know the best way to request a retroactive pricematch at BB? Calling on the phone is usually a disaster for me. Can it be done through the forums? I am elite plus if that makes a difference.
When the price drops, buy a new copy. Head to a different Best Buy and return your new copy with a old receipt. Hope that helps.

Wait if you pre-ordered it, you'll want to do it over the phone. Online orders in store would have to be returned and then cashed out for new price.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

When the price drops, buy a new copy. Head to a different Best Buy and return your new copy with a old receipt. Hope that helps.

Wait if you pre-ordered it, you'll want to do it over the phone. Online orders in store would have to be returned and then cashed out for new price.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Not sure if this messes up the $10 cert when I return it though.

And after GCU it'll be... Oh wait.

:(
head-shake-gif.gif

I got wolfenstein new order for 60 bucks on release and didn't regret it. I feel like I should buy this at thus price to support the development a bit and hope it influences a new Quake game

I got wolfenstein new order for 60 bucks on release and didn't regret it. I feel like I should buy this at thus price to support the development a bit and hope it influences a new Quake game
This feels more like a new Quake game than a new Doom game and isn't a whole lot like Wolfenstein New Order at all. Doom is pretty amazing, I highly recommend it!

PS I also want a new Quake game so bad I can taste it.

Just barely inside 30-day window for Elite. I feel like the game was worthy every penny of the GCU price I paid plus the pre-order bonus. May still call though because that's a decent amount back.

Damn, I wish I would've preordered, getting the $10 certificate and being able to price match this sale would've been great.

Damn that's a huge drop this quickly. With GCU seems like it'd be better to get it for 34, than to wait 5 more months to drop under than :D

Doom says it's $39.99 at Gamestop as well. Does Gamestop honor online prices in store because I have a $10 PUR coupon I could cash in for Doom. If so I may have to go after work on Friday and pick it up.

If anyone is on the fence, there is s free demo on psn. I checked it out and bought it. The single player is actually really good. Haven't tried multi. I know it catches some flak for not being a true doom multi. The people who worked on halo and cod had lead and I guess it shows. I dunno. For 35 roughly after taxes I'll give the campaign a spin.

If any of your local Best Buys have their exclusive Steelbook w/Season Pass in stock, it's on sale as well... $80 instead of $100 ($64 GCU). Not sure if it's worth it to a lot of folks, but I wanted the Steelbook (though I prefer the cover from the Collector's Edition)...and the season pass will be nice if they follow through on efforts to make the MP awesome...though not many will be playing when the holiday shooter frenzy starts, probably.

Edit: Just checked the site out of curiosity, and the CE is $20 off as well. So $100 or $80 GCU. Not bad for the game, season pass, steelbook, and statue...

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of your local Best Buys have their exclusive Steelbook w/Season Pass in stock, it's on sale as well... $80 instead of $100 ($64 GCU). Not sure if it's worth it to a lot of folks, but I wanted the Steelbook (though I prefer the cover from the Collector's Edition)...and the season pass will be nice if they follow through on efforts to make the MP awesome...though not many will be playing when the holiday shooter frenzy starts, probably.

Edit: Just checked the site out of curiosity, and the CE is $20 off as well. So $100 or $80 GCU. Not bad for the game, season pass, steelbook, and statue...
No season pass included in CE.

My favorite shooter in the last 10 years.  It's glorious example of an FPS game that equally prioritizes movement and twitchy aim.  

I love this generation of shooters.  Was getting so tired of spending half my time in game hiding behind a wall waiting for health to regenerate or loading a gun.  

fuck ALL THAT.  DOOM!!!

I just DLed the demo...  game runs great on my 980ti, Ultra settings in 4k.  Anyway I get to the part where they teach you how to melee for glory kills, but I can't get past the door afterwards... wth?

I just DLed the demo... game runs great on my 980ti, Ultra settings in 4k. Anyway I get to the part where they teach you how to melee for glory kills, but I can't get past the door afterwards... wth?
I think you're right at the beginning and you need to explore the area and find the blue keycard. That's my recollection from playing through the campaign a couple of times.

If you're used to some hand holding and clear objective indicators in a game, prepare for an adjustment. Doom 2016 is like classic Doom in that it wants you to thoroughly explore your environments. There's a map there to help you, but it wants you to keep some idea of the geography in your head too.

bread's done
Back