Gamestop refused to take my trade ins

Rudybegga

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, I buy, play, and trade in a ton of games.  Almost a literal ton.  About a few months back, Gamestop said that they couldn't take my trades, that they had a prompt that said "Trade limit exceeded."  

Okay, I said to myself.  It's probably from trading in too many games in a given time frame.  I'll wait a month and try and trade in again.

A month goes by, same deal.  So I take the number they give me and I give it a call.  They said that corporate is looking over my records and that the ban would probably be lifted at the end of May.  That I should try trading in some games then.

Okay, so end of May comes I try trading in, same prompt "Trade limit exceeded."  So I think, okay, I'll try and trade games at the beginning of June.  Same prompt "Trade Limit Exceeded."

So I called customer service earlier today and they said that there wasn't any issues listed with trading on my account so she didn't know why corporate was involved.  She said to "have the trade in balance put on to a different trade credit card."  

But I don't think that was helpful because the prompt stopped the Gamestop employees from taking my trade ins before the balance was even put on my Power Up rewards account OR a trade credit card.  

I may have traded in a couple copies of the same title within a small time frame.  Forza 5 on One, Kinect Rivals on One, Chinatown Wars on DS, and Mario Kart DS.  I KNOW I traded more than a thousand bucks worth of games in a month, so that might be it.

I don't know what to do or how long this ban will last.  Anyone in the same boat that can help me with this issue?  Because everyone I talk to at Gamestop is so vague about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you trade in more than 4 copies of a single game in a 30 day period?

The "trade limit exceeded" message usually lasts around 3 months iirc.

Don't think so.  I traded in maybe 3 copies of Mario Kart DS, possibly 3 of Forza 5.  MAYBE.  It's been about 3 months and a week since I first got the message...  I'll try again at my other Gamestop, maybe they lifted the ban between now and a couple days back when I last tried and that's why there's no notation showing up for the customer service lady who looked into it today.

I have traded in doubles of several games close together before.  2 copies of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, a couple New Super Mario Bros, a couple Mario 64 DS copies, a couple Pikmin 3, a few Black Ops 1 and 2s, but they were months apart.  Maybe that accumulation caused Corporate to raise a flag and look into it.

Maybe it was getting cash for my Amiibos.  I bought a bunch of Amiibos and sold ones that I had doubles of for cash during their "Trade is same as cash" deal.  That could have been it.

it's funny how they can sell used stuff as new but you cant trade in 3 copies of the same game in to trade

bread's done
Back