Xbone 1tb Halo 5 le console $269 Amazon, $293 w/ 3month xbox live

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Lol if you look at the bundle, it says if you get the items separately it's a better deal! (plus unless it's a different xbox than the one that's linked here, you're basically paying 25 bucks for 3 months of live - not an improvement imo)

If I were really planning on getting an XB1 I'd get this now instead of waiting on the S model for a few reasons. First of all this is the 1 TB model so that's saving $50 right off the bat because the S will be $349 with 1 TB and that don't count the game. Second of all, this model is proven to be reliable with very small chance of overheating. Finally, the S model might be made with inferior components because. 40 percent smaller don't mean anything unless the nanometers of the chip dye went down by a large percentage too otherwise a higher risk of overheating. I do like the S way better primarily because of the ability for it to stand vertical (no room for older version) and the internal power supply. This is basically what sony done with PS4 out of the gate & this is closer to what XB1 should have been to start with as long as overheating is not an issue.

If I were really planning on getting an XB1 I'd get this now instead of waiting on the S model for a few reasons. First of all this is the 1 TB model so that's saving $50 right off the bat because the S will be $349 with 1 TB and that don't count the game. Second of all, this model is proven to be reliable with very small chance of overheating. Finally, the S model might be made with inferior components because I've yet to even see if it has a 5 cent LED power indicator and if it don't then that tells me they've used the cheapest stuff they can get their hands on in every design aspect. 40 percent smaller don't mean anything unless the nanometers of the chip dye went down by a large percentage too otherwise a higher risk of overheating. I do like the S way better primarily because of the ability for it to stand vertical (no room for older version) and the internal power supply. This is basically what sony done with PS4 out of the gate & this is closer to what XB1 should have been to start with as long as overheating is not an issue.
I think you are mostly right. Part of the price drop isn't just using cheap parts, it is that many of the parts are just cheaper now - particularly the chips. Component prices always drop faster than console prices, they make little (if any) early on, but expect the drop in part prices to make up for it down the road. But unless the rumors of a bit better performance are right, the original is just fine. It works great, runs cool, is quiet - it is just big. If space isn't a factor it is fine. They learned their lesson from the 360 days. The PS4 runs well, but I've noticed mine runs noticeably louder and gets hotter than the XB1 (not a ton, but it does) in the same location. I have fans built into my entertainment center next to both the PS4 and the XB1, so they get plenty of ventilation. If they made a quieter, cooler model of the PS4 I would consider trading up for that before an XBox One S.

Wait 2 months for the S, it's superior in every way!
except its sold out on amazon now. Plus when you click it it goes to just 1TB page and tabs are just 500GB and 1TB. Also IGN podcast I listened to yest said that the 2TB is very limited. So Amazon not having it on the tabs tells me it sold out and no longer taking orders.

fyi, from what I've read XB1S will be available in August, but the the other versions (500gb/1tb) will release closer to the end of the year.

I want to play halo 5 but I don't think I can stomach 270 just to play one game.  Sigh   I just need to borrow  console for 10-15 hours and a red box = P

bread's done
Back