Best way/tips to achieve Elite Plus Status from BestBuy before Black Friday 2016?

ChronoSlayer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but can anyone share any tips or strategies on how to reach "Elite" ($1,500 spent) or "Elite Plus" ($3,500) status on BestBuy?

I'm trying to see if this post can become a sort of a "holy grail" or serve as a general list for DOs and DON'TS for all members in order to upgrade their BB status. Hopefully, without bringing much attention to BB, especially since GCU underwent some recent changes (I'm really hoping elite plus can get away with the 20% discount this year applied during this years black friday early access). I do buy several games per year but am nowhere near reaching Elite, let alone ElitePlus. I'm currently at $862 spent. I also try to flip whenever I can in order to get the most out of my account but maybe I am not seeing the whole picture, I do have accounts for:
- Ebates
- Gamestop (PRU)
- Ebay (eBucks)
- BestBuy (GCU)
- Amazon (eventhough I rarely use it)

One thing I've noticed is that some people overlook a crucial step: Discretion.
Please, try to be as discreet as possible as it can go a long way, use common sense, people! ;)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all fellow CAGers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use BB GC as they don't go towards your spendings towards Elite or Plus status.

Become the go to person for your family/relatives when it comes to purchasing electronics, particularly family members that aren't exactly up to date with electronics.  Relatives may need to purchase appliances, computers, laptops, etc, and every time they want to do one of those purchases, offer to help them out, that way you can put their purchases towards your goal.  A Macbook Pro on its own will basically get you to Elite, so this is always a good way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest way is to combine that with the BB Visa credit card if you use credit cards and pay off the balance.  Been elite plus ever since I got that since purchased with the CC count as well.

seems like the right place.  Does the prepaid visas still give you credits towards elite/elite plus and if you use the BB CC, 5% back in points?  I haven't seen much talk about this option since last BF where we were using it as a small money maker after covering the $6 activation fee and as a method to get to elite/elite plus w/o having to buy BB GCs which limit you to buying BB stuff.

bread's done
Back