* * * * - 4 votes

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One Download) - $6.17 / €5.40 / £4.55

halo xbox one xbox one download xbox live master chief

#61 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:50 AM

FFS! Just got this email from them without ever replying to the original email:

"
Just to clarify, your email doesn't include attachment. Can you please send it again?

Just to clarify, the photo should consist your "physical" valid ID, together with the piece of paper with today's date/time and "cdkeys.com" written on it. It should be in one photo only, not two photos digitally combined or digitally typed.

Kind Regards,

Sean C
Support Ace | cdkeys.com

"

These emails are being sent from "support@cdkeys.com"
I submitted my purchase via the link in the OP.

At this point, I'm super-worried. Thought this site was OK since no one spoke against it.
I'd suggest anyone wanting this deal to stay clear. "Too good to be true" I suppose.

I don't even own an X1 but when I do, Halo would be prioritity. Hopefully this doesn't become something awful.

#62 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1569 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

I've bought at least a couple of times from them, paying with PayPal each time. I've never been asked for a picture ID for verification. I feel like I might remember someone having to do that or something similar when paying with a card.

#63 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14233 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

I bought the game yesterday afternoon, with PayPal, and the code was sent instantly. I didn't have any issues.

#64 cparrick   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

cparrick

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

I just bought it using PayPal too ($8.77 currently with the promotional code).  No issues and the digital code was sent to me with an e-mail link in less than 2 minutes.

Hope things work out - the picture proof does seem like a strange request since that information wasn't submitted the first time to place the order.

#65 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8269 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:00 PM

I picked it up the previous time they offered it.  Pretty sure I used Paypal.  No way would I send them a picture of my drivers license.

Apparently they been doing this for at least a year.

https://www.reddit.c..._im_a_previous/

#66 Sagemoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3768 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Sagemoon

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

I bought a copy from them maybe half an hour ago. Nothing about an ID and paper. I did have to get a code sent to my phone though. 

#67 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8269 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:04 PM

I bought a copy from them maybe half an hour ago. Nothing about an ID and paper. I did have to get a code sent to my phone though. 

Yeah the did the code thing with me as well.

#68 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14233 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

I also did have the phone code. I had forgot to mention that.

#69 ipostdeals  

ipostdeals

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

"
Just to clarify, your email doesn't include attachment. Can you please send it again?

Just to clarify, the photo should consist your "physical" valid ID, together with the piece of paper with today's date/time and "cdkeys.com" written on it. It should be in one photo only, not two photos digitally combined or digitally typed.

Kind Regards,

Sean C
Support Ace | cdkeys.com

"

At this point, I'm super-worried. Thought this site was OK since no one spoke against it.
I'd suggest anyone wanting this deal to stay clear. "Too good to be true" I suppose.

I don't even own an X1 but when I do, Halo would be prioritity. Hopefully this doesn't become something awful.

Did you get the key?

#70 Agent Hero  

Agent Hero

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

"

Kind Regards,

Sean C
Support Ace | cdkeys.com

"

It's because your payment info doesn't match somewhere.  I tried paying with a Paypal account that didn't have matching info--different name on the account versus my email address.  I cancelled my order.  Sure, they have to protect themselves against fraud since they're a shady site to begin with so that draws shady buyers, but I'm not sending my license to them for a cheap game.

#71 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

I sent them scans of my birth certificate and Social Security card since I lost my license. Do you think that will be acceptable?

#72 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:07 PM

Last night I was refunded the payment. I never bothered emailing them back and was going to wait it out to see if I'd get a refund.

Then, this morning I got another email from PayPal saying the payment was made again. I emailed CDKeys asking what was going on and demanding a re-refund and I no longer cared about the game at this point.

10 minutes later I got a response from them apologizing for all the trouble and included was a code.

Whatever, I'm done with these creeps.