Looking to Move to LA

S

starmask2k3

how much should I save up

I will be looking for a roommate to live with and I 'm also looking for 2 jobs now so when I get  there I will have 2 jobs should I save up 2 months of rent and food

thanks

how much should I save up

I will be looking for a roommate to live with and I 'm also looking for 2 jobs now so when I get there I will have 2 jobs should I save up 2 months of rent and food

thanks
Stay in east side Long Beach 90802/90804 for awhile till you're stable. Rent is affordable. It's like a 40 minutes drive to DTLA. You can metro blue line train to Los Angeles if you want. 10 minutes bike ride to the beach. Lots of bar, restaurants, and clubs near the area. Small hipster/gay/diverse community. I had a 600 sqft studio for $800. Damn I missed that place. Lots of good memories. Things I don't like: Car parking is a bitch after 6pm. Lots of one way street. Get a road/fixie bike. Also, I don't recommend walking at night by yourself. Some part of LB is so ghetto. Be careful.

zmWMIiK.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in LA (born, raised, and lived for the last 34 years).  Read the comments and you will find your answers because I don't need to repeat the same shit that has already been said.  $2,000 won't get you shit living in LA.  Believe that.

Yeah I don't want to be bursting the bubble on your dreams but you better at least triple that amount. If you have a car assuming you do, your factoring that in hopefully right (gas, insurance, car payment if there is one). If your planning on doing the uber route that gets expensive every day. Food and drink is expensive too and when your saying your getting a roommate is it some random person? or an actual friend you can trust? If its a random person I would scrap the idea of LA.

Utilities add up quick, internet, electric, water, trash, gas (depends what kind of place your at) I say a good rule of thumb is factoring in at least $150 a month at the very least.

Your lucky if you end up finding a 2 bedroom under $1,200 that isn't complete garbage in a crime filled location. Most places require first months rent and some require last months up front as well. You gotta save up more. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The bigger question is why? Unless you are moving there for an already established career or you have family already there that can provide a support system, it's not worth it. 

If you're going to be living and working downtown, you basically don't need a car lol... Others can chime in with more experience but parking is expensive and spots are few.

bread's done
Back