Ticketmaster Settlement - Free stuff for previous customers!

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
I know this isn't a contest or much of a giveaway, but I figure this as good a place as any.

http://gawker.com/check-your-ticketmaster-account-you-probably-have-free-1782209001

Last month, Ticketmaster settled a $400 million class action lawsuit over its exorbitant fees. This month, they’re paying it out—in the form of discount codes and vouchers. Chances are, you have a free show or two sitting in your inbox.

The suit affects about 50 million people who bought tickets on Ticketmaster between October 21, 1999 and February 27, 2013 and paid the company’s ridiculous overcharges. Emails alerting members of the class started going out last month under the subject, “Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster Class Action Settlement – Notice Regarding Discount and Ticket Codes,” but, contrary to my deepest-held delusions, 1999 was actually a very long time ago and there’s a good chance it’s sitting in an AOL mailbox you haven’t looked at since the band Smash Mouth wrote that Shrek song.

It’s easy to check—just log in to your Ticketmaster account and click “Active Vouchers.” The vouchers are only valid for a limited list of eligible events, of course, so don’t even fucking try it with the Hamilton tickets. Or any tickets? Their list of eligible events is currently a dead link.

Still, free shows!—free shows you paid for already—but free shows, nonetheless!
The list of eligible shows is still a dead link, but I logged into my account and have 3 vouchers for two tickets each (6 tickets for ???) and 4 codes for $2.25 each to use towards any ticket purchase. No idea if the $$$ codes can be stacked, though.

So, check your accounts! If you bought tickets in that 14-year span, you probably will have vouchers to get tickets for a list of crappy shows you probably don't care about!

UPDATE 6/20/16 3:24PM EST

Some new information, looks like it should be updated soon with actual concert listings. Also contains the typical fuck you boilerplate from Livenation (first come first serve, etc) - http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement:

Ticket Code Dedicated Site Home Page Welcome to the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster Dedicated Ticket Information Site.
You may have recently received an email regarding the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster Class Action Settlement because you are a Class Member who may be entitled to Ticket Codes as part of the Settlement. Once Ticket Codes are made available to you in your Ticketmaster account, you may attempt to use your Ticket Codes to claim “free tickets” identified as available for redemption on this website. These “free tickets” are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be available for redemption if others have claimed them before you.

Class Members who made purchase transactions on www.ticketmaster.com between October 21, 1999 and February 27, 2013, should anticipate receiving, on or around June 18, 2016, at least one Ticket Code redeemable for two tickets for General Admission seating at designated concert events at Live Nation owned or operated venues, subject to availability and limitations. For a list of guidelines regarding using your Ticket Code(s), please visit the official Settlement Website, http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/faq#Q18.

If you are interested in using your Ticket Code(s) towards the purchase of event tickets, first retrieve your ticket codes by logging on to https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers. Once you have your Ticket Code(s) ready, select an event from the list of eligible events displayed on this website and proceed through the purchase process. On the Billing Page during your transaction, look for a “Voucher Code” link and enter your Ticket Code to receive your discount(s).

If you have lost or misplaced your Ticketmaster login name and/or password, please use the “Forgot password?” link to reset your password from https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/.

This website displays the list of eligible events for which Ticket Codes may be used. Please note that the list of eligible events will be periodically updated. To receive periodic notifications by email when new events become available, please sign up here to receive notice. Please note that by signing up for the subscription service you are merely receiving information about new events periodically. You are not signing up to receive tickets and you are not guaranteeing yourself any ticket to any event.
And here's the link to the class-action FAQ (Too much to copy and paste without causing a wall of text):

http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/faq

Last edited by a moderator:
Louis C.K. is touring around, tickets are $25 :)  I already purchased mine the other night for the August 3rd Omaha Show...

Thanks so much! Stopped going to shows a while ago but have 7 discount coupons and 7 free pairs of tickets. Probably wouldn't have known that without this post, so thanks again!

Thanks for the reminder.  I had 3 pairs of tix and 3 coupons.  Just went to a show for the first time in years last month, need to go to more

Free stuff is great. Ill wait to celebrate until I see the list of eligible events though. I doubt Ticket Master will let anything decent end up on that list.

thanks for the heads up, didn't receive an email but checked my Ticketmaster account to find 4 pairs of free tix and 4 coupons (no actual codes yet though)

It says they don't expire until 2020-06-18, so hopefully the list will eventually include something of interest I can use them on

Concert listings are up and there are a few decent ones on the list. However, none of my codes are working yet. I tried all three on three different concerts and keep getting the same error.

There are problems with your submission
  • We're sorry we were not able to redeem your voucher for the following reasons. Please refer to your voucher's conditions of use for further details.
    Sorry, the voucher code you entered cannot be used to purchase these tickets. Please double check your code and try again.

[*]UPS - Ticket Codes

Looks like ticketmaster's site is having problems I cannot access it just get a 403 error

Thanks for the post OP, I wonder if I'll have any free tickets

Well my twenty's were entirely during that period and I went to a lot of concerts, logged in with an email I don't use anymore and had 17 pairs of tickets available. Hopefully there will be some stuff I want to see on that list.

Did some reading on the FAQs, the $2.25 discount codes can be used for any event, does not have to be on the list, 2 codes can be stacked per order for 4.50 off. Also I was able to get a pair of tickets, you have to be signed in to the account that got the vouchers. I had an old account that I can't access the email anymore so I tried my newer account and the code wouldn't work, so I signed into my old account and the code worked. I chose to get e-tix and I could print those without access to my old email, so that worked out. Got a pair of tickets to see Savages in Indianapolis next month, the tickets were $20 a piece, the service fee was $5 a ticket, when I put the voucher in it waved the service fee so the tickets were completely free. I was wondering if it would try to charge the fee but it didn't. Normally I go to concerts in Chicago or Detroit so I'll have to drive a couple of extra hours but that's ok. Too bad I can't trade in 15 of my vouchers for plane tickets so I could go see Violent Femmes but that's all the way in Houston,TX. I think there was maybe five things I might go to if distantance wasn't an issue, hard to believe there was not one event listed in Chicago.

The list of shows keeps changing.  I got one set of tickets last night for Disturbed/Breaking Ben and was planning on getting Slipknot tickets this morning.  All Pittsburgh area shows are now gone from the list, and even manually finding shows that were on the list last night, the vouchers won't work.

This is turning into a bit of a cluster- fuck.  If you see a show on the list you probably want to see, get the tickets right away.

More tickets showing available for sold out shows.  Voucher codes aren't working though.   fuck!

Nevermind.  Ticketmaster is just being stupid...  Everything is sold out again.

Last night it was screwing up for me. This morning I tried again and I got 4 Blink 182 tickets for free at Lakewood Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA. :D/

Lawn General Admission, but whatever, they were completely free and it would have cost $169. It was shipped for free with my two GA admission ticket vouchers.

BTW, I should mention that the GA ticket voucher covers ANY of the shipping methods. So even the $25 Saturday shipping will be free as well.

Seriously?  I tried early on and it was trying to charge me for anything other than eticket.  We really like having the physical tickets to keep in our box of concert stuff.  I guess I'm going to try to contact customer support and see what happens.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks for the heads up about more tickets being released, and also for the shipping method tip

I was able to get 3 pairs of tickets with 2 day shipping to see Goo Goo Dolls / Collective Soul

(wasn't sure it would work for the same show, but I got all 3 confirmation emails and it also shows all 3 pairs in my account on Ticketmaster)

Seriously? I tried early on and it was trying to charge me for anything other than eticket. We really like having the physical tickets to keep in our box of concert stuff. I guess I'm going to try to contact customer support and see what happens.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Yeah, it looks like it will cost something, but in the final checkout it deducts it from the total. My total was $0.00. Hmm...now I'm wondering if I could have gotten free parking by adding that too. I wonder if it would have deducted that too. Too late for me now.

Although, now that I think about, hopefully they are not counting the shipping/processing fees towards the $5 or $10 million tickets they are giving out. Hate to be screwing people out of the potential tickets. I do also like to have the actual physical tickets as a souvenir.

So once they hit that 10 million limit, then the tickets vouchers are no good anymore? Is that right?

Yeah, it looks like it will cost something, but in the final checkout it deducts it from the total. My total was $0.00. Hmm...now I'm wondering if I could have gotten free parking by adding that too. I wonder if it would have deducted that too. Too late for me now.

Although, now that I think about, hopefully they are not counting the shipping/processing fees towards the $5 or $10 million tickets they are giving out. Hate to be screwing people out of the potential tickets. I do also like to have the actual physical tickets as a souvenir.

So once they hit that 10 million limit, then the tickets vouchers are no good anymore? Is that right?
Weird, it works for Saturday delivery tickets, but not for any other options, at least for me anyways. And that's a negative on the parking passes. Just tried it and no go.

Weird, it works for Saturday delivery tickets, but not for any other options, at least for me anyways. And that's a negative on the parking passes. Just tried it and no go.
Weird. I originally placed an order 4 tickets and I used the standard mail method ($3.75 I think) and that was free. Then I placed another order for 2 tickets I discovered that the Saturday shipping was also free. I assumed all the shipping fees were waived with the voucher. Thanks for letting me know about the parking. Don't feel bad about not adding that now. :)

Supposedly some person on SD was able to use the voucher for a VIP meet and greet package for the band Slightly Stoopid.

Hopefully more Houston or Dallas shows come up. Nothing good coming to Houston at the LiveNation venues we've got but wouldn't mind driving to Dallas for a good show. If all else fails I'll just buy tickets to my favorite bands in other cities and give those to random people.

It's like trying to buy tickets for a show! fucking ridiculous...this is the major reason why I stopped caring about live events.
Having a list of specified events honestly makes this whole thing useless to me. I should be allowed to use my earned vouchers on general admission to whatever show I please, this whole thing is truly atrocious.

Are some of these vouchers actually giving you a free general admission ticket or is this just Ticketmaster's yearly lawsuit settlement where they knock a few bucks off a ticket (usually they shave off their fee which is what they always get sued for in the first place)? It seems you have quite while to redeem them so if they're actually giving you free tickets essentially with these vouchers I'm definitely going to have to remember when a few bands I like announce dates.

Are some of these vouchers actually giving you a free general admission ticket or is this just Ticketmaster's yearly lawsuit settlement where they knock a few bucks off a ticket (usually they shave off their fee which is what they always get sued for in the first place)? It seems you have quite while to redeem them so if they're actually giving you free tickets essentially with these vouchers I'm definitely going to have to remember when a few bands I like announce dates.
With vouchers, the tickets are totally free (for select shows only)- there are also discount codes that were given out as well. That said, I wouldn't hold onto the vouchers for too long, since there is only so much money set aside to cover the costs of these free tickets. While everyone who bought tickets got vouchers, use of them is still first come/first served. It still a shitty way of doing it, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

I ended up using all three of mine for Disturbed/breaking Benjamin, Slipknot/Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie/Korn. All bands I've seen many times before, but wouldn't mind seeing them again. GA sucks, since we're usually paying extra for pit tickets, but I'm getting too old for that shit anyways.

Mine were too unless I wanted to see a bunch of cover bands. I chalk it up to the fact that only the smaller venues around Houston are owned & operated by LiveNation.
There were a ton of cover bands showing up in Dallas, my closest choice. The better choices were at Gexa Energy Pavilion, which is an outdoor venue that's hot as hell. I'm not driving that far to burn up, especially when I have to drive back after.

There were a ton of cover bands showing up in Dallas, my closest choice. The better choices were at Gexa Energy Pavilion, which is an outdoor venue that's hot as hell. I'm not driving that far to burn up, especially when I have to drive back after.
That's actually where I used most of mine, ha. I typically listen to country music so there were a decent amount of shows later in summer. My uncle lives up there so I figure I can see a show if I get bored. If not I can always giveaway/sell the tickets to people up there.

With vouchers, the tickets are totally free (for select shows only)- there are also discount codes that were given out as well. That said, I wouldn't hold onto the vouchers for too long, since there is only so much money set aside to cover the costs of these free tickets. While everyone who bought tickets got vouchers, use of them is still first come/first served. It still a shitty way of doing it, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

I ended up using all three of mine for Disturbed/breaking Benjamin, Slipknot/Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie/Korn. All bands I've seen many times before, but wouldn't mind seeing them again. GA sucks, since we're usually paying extra for pit tickets, but I'm getting too old for that shit anyways.
Little late replying to this but thanks. I just wanted to know as Ticketmaster seems to have a lawsuit settlement like every other year where they basically give you a couple bucks back or something so I wasn't impressed when I first heard the news since they've had settlements before.

bread's done
Back