Bing reduced the point cost for 3-Month Gold

So getting 25 points a week, you can get the 3-month membership in 40 days, minus bonus points for links, quizzes, and using the new browser in Windows 10.
um... math?

i think you meant 25 pts per day, after 40 days have enough for the 'reward', yes?

this almost tempts me to actually care about the bing reward system, or whatever it's referred to

I just started using the Bing system late last month. Already got $8 in XBL digital credit just from logging in every day and doing a bunch of bogus searches and all the bonus credit opportunities. I'll be Gold by next month at this rate. Shits awesome.

It may be a better idea to just get M$ currency (especially since they have a promotion for $5/10 windows store credit for like 3xx6xx credits) and just pick up XBL from any of the various deals that go up for around 30-40 bucks.

The 1 year of XBL gold isn't the worst deal if you have a Bing Gold account.  If you assume $5 MS monies for 465 point, then 2899 points would be equivalent to $31.17 MS monies.  At 29 points/day, that would take around 100 days.  However, one must remember MS likes to close Bing accounts at the most inopportune times, and I don't think they ever reinstate accounts once the bot decides to close them.  So consistently taking the $5 payouts might be the most prudent approach.

guys I would seriously recommend switching to bing just for these rewards.  They dropped $5 xbox credit to 325 points.  that takes about 11-12 days.  So if you are vigilant you can get around $12 a month.  I have a second account for my wife that I don't keep up with and still rack up 5 dollar codes here and there.  I love it

I have been floating along with the 3-month XBL for a while now.  But this time I will have enough left over that before my next 3-month expires I should have enough points for the yearly subscription.  Provided they don't shut me down or change the point values or something else, I think I can click my way into free XBL for a long time to come.

I don't understand all this talk of getting banned on Bing (I've seen it in other threads too).  I've been using Bing and getting a significant amount of rewards for years without a problem.  I just use it normally instead of Google (in most cases).  I can't imagine using Bing in such a way as to game to system for extra points since it seems like you would just be going though a lot hassle for very little in return.

As mentioned a couple times above, avoid the 3 month deal since the 12 month deal for 2900 points is obviously much better.  Just use Bing like a reasonable person and don't be greedy and just be patient.

I don't understand all this talk of getting banned on Bing (I've seen it in other threads too). I've been using Bing and getting a significant amount of rewards for years without a problem. I just use it normally instead of Google (in most cases). I can't imagine using Bing in such a way as to game to system for extra points since it seems like you would just be going though a lot hassle for very little in return.

As mentioned a couple times above, avoid the 3 month deal since the 12 month deal for 2900 points is obviously much better. Just use Bing like a reasonable person and don't be greedy and just be patient.
I used it for years without problems too, and then one day I got a vague email from MS and my account was locked and my points, worth around $120 of Xbox monies, were just gone. I got one reply to my many inquiries, which accused me of using a bot for my one account. They didn't have to back up their allegations because it's their game and they enforce and apply the rules as they like. So my advice is keep your point totals relatively low or just don't play their data mining game.

bread's done
Back