Marvel's Captain America: Civil War (3D Blu-ray/DVD) Pre-Order + $10 GC

Haveaquarter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Target has Marvel's Captain America: Civil War (3D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) Pre-Order + $10 Target Gift Card on sale for $27.99 with free shipping. Will arrive on or shortly after release date​

Note: Quantity of (2) $5 Gift Cards will be added to your cart (make sure before placing order). If you do not see (2) $5 Gift Cards then try another browser.

My apologies if this has been posted already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn....Best Buy needs to announce whether they will be having a steelbook for this soon.  That would be my number one choice, but this is a nice second option.

Thanks for the heads up. I know Target site shows 3D/Blu/DVD/Digital, but I suspect this is 3D/Blu/Digital (no DVD)? Also, now seems moot, as I tried 3 browsers and all only show one $5 GC (must have been a mistake).

Damn....Best Buy needs to announce whether they will be having a steelbook for this soon. That would be my number one choice, but this is a nice second option.
Only problem is if you do the pre-order now for CW, Target may ship the gift cards in advance of release, so you'd end up with them regardless if you decide to cancel.

The other question is if X-Men Apocalypse will get a SB like Future Past did at Target or the slipcover release that BB had.

God I fuck ing hate it when you're trying to search for a product on a site like Target or Best Buy, and instead of going through with the search, it keeps sending you to the Captain America Civil War STOREFRONT of Toys and Baby Clothes and all This Other Dumb Shit You Didn't Search for!

God I fuck ing hate it when you're trying to search for a product on a site like Target or Best Buy, and instead of going through with the search, it keeps sending you to the Captain America Civil War STOREFRONT of Toys and Baby Clothes and all This Other Dumb Shit You Didn't Search for!
No issues on target if you search for Captain America Civil War 3D. Your search skills need some leveling up.

No, I got the point. You like complaining.

and you like making dumb, snarky comments. So piss off

BabyFight.jpg

It's been awhile since I pre-ordered anything from BB...do they charge your order immediately or not until the preorder is ready and ships?

It's been awhile since I pre-ordered anything from BB...do they charge your order immediately or not until the preorder is ready and ships?
You will get an initial authorization charge on your card that will go away after a few days, then the real charge will be done at the time of shipment. Some people have reported a rolling authorization charge but I have never encountered that and I order a LOT of preorders from them.

I just checked my preorder and it is no longer showing the 3D version.
Just reorder the 3D version - it's now showing a $22.99 price with a $5 gift card. Plus you get the extra 10% off today and 5% if you have Red card.

Meanwhile my Best Buy steelbook preorder is still holding steady at $29.99 plus tax. Sigh...are these steel cases even worth it anymore?

I just checked my preorder and it is no longer showing the 3D version.
I noticed this last night as well. Both of my orders were for the Target Exclusive 3D version, and now both are for the non-3D exclusive version.

I reordered the 3D exclusive one today with the 10% promo and still has a $5 GC included.

Problem is with pre-ordering something with a GC as a promo is if you have to return it, the GC value is deducted from the refund value.   Regardless of who's screw up it is, the register will only refund the value it shows as refund value.  You would have to get someone from Target.com CS to provide an additional refund value and they're usually not anything close to helpful. 

Problem is with pre-ordering something with a GC as a promo is if you have to return it, the GC value is deducted from the refund value. Regardless of who's screw up it is, the register will only refund the value it shows as refund value. You would have to get someone from Target.com CS to provide an additional refund value and they're usually not anything close to helpful.
While true, I don't consider this much of an issue, since I will have the GC to spend at Target and we shop plenty at Target anyway.

Problem is with pre-ordering something with a GC as a promo is if you have to return it, the GC value is deducted from the refund value. Regardless of who's screw up it is, the register will only refund the value it shows as refund value. You would have to get someone from Target.com CS to provide an additional refund value and they're usually not anything close to helpful.
I actually don't mind when Target does this as they also charge you less for the movie (In this case, two charges, $17.99 and $10 for the gift card). That means the tax amount is less too, since they don't charge tax on the gift card purchase. And since I do a lot of regular shopping at Target I look at it as $10 for a gift card I would use anyway.

Just a note that even though my 3D order appeared to change to the non-3D version on Target's website, I did indeed receive the 3D version from them in the mail today.

Picked up the Best-Buy steelbook yesterday morning. It's become a bit of a tradition for me when Marvel movies get released on home video.

Got my Target Civil War BluRay in the mail (non 3d), but eventhough I ordered the BluRay / DVD Combo, it seems to be a single BluRay (haven't opened the packaging yet, but I don't see any indication on the packaging that it includes a DVD).  

Did anybody get the combo pack?  And if so, is there any sort of indication on the packaging that it is a BluRay / DVD combo?  Don't want to open the pacaking only to find out it's a single disc then run into the hassel of trying to exchange it.

Also, did anybody get a slipcover?  Thanks

edit: I double checked my order, and the item page does goes to the combo pack, and the UPC matches the combo pack (single BluRay has a different UPC), but my UPC is just a sticker on the back of the case covering up the original UPC

Just a note that even though my 3D order appeared to change to the non-3D version on Target's website, I did indeed receive the 3D version from them in the mail today.
Same here, I was worried at first that i was going to end up with the blu ray version and not the combo pack. But you should also check your credit statement and see if they price adjusted for the sale price, becuase my didn't and i had to call them.

Got my Target Civil War BluRay in the mail (non 3d), but eventhough I ordered the BluRay / DVD Combo, it seems to be a single BluRay (haven't opened the packaging yet, but I don't see any indication on the packaging that it includes a DVD).

Did anybody get the combo pack? And if so, is there any sort of indication on the packaging that it is a BluRay / DVD combo? Don't want to open the pacaking only to find out it's a single disc then run into the hassel of trying to exchange it.

Also, did anybody get a slipcover? Thanks

edit: I double checked my order, and the item page does goes to the combo pack, and the UPC matches the combo pack (single BluRay has a different UPC), but my UPC is just a sticker on the back of the case covering up the original UPC
Target has 4 blu ray versions of Civil War: 1) blu-ray with the target exclusive 15min video with 1 month marvel umlimited and one without it. Both don't come with a digital copy and no slipcover 2) 3d/blu-ray/digital copy combo pack also have one with the exclusives and one without it and these have the slipcover. Yours should be the combo pack and it should say it on the cover.

Did anybody get the combo pack? And if so, is there any sort of indication on the packaging that it is a BluRay / DVD combo? Don't want to open the pacaking only to find out it's a single disc then run into the hassel of trying to exchange it.

Also, did anybody get a slipcover? Thanks

It appears they scrapped the combo pack altogether. The only options I've seen are DVD, BD, or 3D/BD.

Same here, I was worried at first that i was going to end up with the blu ray version and not the combo pack. But you should also check your credit statement and see if they price adjusted for the sale price, becuase my didn't and i had to call them.
Usually, Target doesn't auto-adjust the price on preorders.

bread's done
Back