Mega Visions - A new SEGA magazine heads to Kickstarter

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThPkmEPVdY​

Hey fellas, I wanted to point you onto a Kickstarter campaign me and the guys at SEGA Nerds just launch a new SEGA magazine called Mega Visions.

Our goal is to raise enough money to fund a bi-monthly, digital SEGA magazine that will be specifically designed for all your devices, including your smartphone, tablet and computer. The magazine will be available on all the major app stores, like the Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon, Kindle and Windows. 

The plan is to cover all things SEGA and Atlus, both old and new. We're going to have a huge dedication to the retro side of things, and we won't be focusing all our attention on the major titles like trying to review Sonic 1, 2 and 3. Instead, we want to bring attention to more obscure or uncommon games that were awesome in their own right but didn't get the attention they deserved. We plan to dig deep into these game's histories, development cycles and their impact on the game industry by talking to the original developers and others who played a part in the game's creation and release.

Like I said before, Mega Visions is primarily created by us at SEGA Nerds. We've been covering SEGA for a long time and have made a lot of great contacts in the industry ranging from past SEGA leaders like Tom Kalinske and Al Nilsen, to former developers like Greg Johnson (ToeJam & Earl) and to current SEGA employees and community managers. These relationships will be very important in helping us get the exclusives and other great content that will make subscribing to Mega Visions well worth your money.

Here's a link to our Kickstarter campaign here

I hope you give it a look and see more of what we're trying to accomplish. If you have any questions, concerns or ideas for how we can make it better, please let me know!

I used to have a subscription to Sega Visions magazine.

Is there really demand for this though? I didn't even want the subscription I had. It just kinda started showing up one day.

You guys are madmen.  Launching a magazine.  In 2016.  About Sega.

I backed days ago.  What's the poster going to look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are madmen. Launching a magazine. In 2016. About Sega.

I backed days ago. What's the poster going to look like?
Haha, thanks for the support, man!

The poster will be a variant of this:

DZenk5J.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a digital and physical copy of this magazine.
We're looking at ways we can do a physical version of the magazine. This will require more work as it'll mean we'd have to do some different design work for each issue.

The most likely scenario if we can make it happen will be a print on demand or a premium, hardcover annual edition that'd include all our covers and very best articles, interviews and features.

bread's done
Back