Nice VR Game sale (rift and vive)

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I got Omega Agent and Darknet. Thinking about Chronos, but it seems like a snooze. Too bad Edge of Nowhere is too new to be on sale.

I want edge of nowhere. Just not sure it will work with vive.
I have played all the way through it on the Vive using Revive. I can confirm it works without a hitch.

1. Download Oculus Software and select "skip set up" when it asks to set up headset.

2. Go to the store and Buy games you want. Download it and click ot finish update/download.

3. Intall the newest version of Revive and restart your PC.

4. Enjoy. It will automatically be added to your Steam library. You just need a 360 controller to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have played all the way through it on the Vive using Revive. I can confirm it works without a hitch.

1. Download Oculus Software and select "skip set up" when it asks to set up headset.

2. Go to the store and Buy games you want. Download it and click ot finish update/download.

3. Intall the newest version of Revive and restart your PC.

4. Enjoy. It will automatically be added to your Steam library. You just need a 360 controller to play it.

Thanks.. I know a lot of games were not compatible with revive.. hopefully removing all the drm changes that. Edge of nowhere was on the non working list, so glad it has changed, I'll pick it up soon :)

I like how he said he was aware that the restrictions on Oculus games have been removed, then wasn't sure if it would work.
I said the DRM was removed from Rift games, so most will work, but I am not guaranteeing all of them will work because I would be talking out my ass.. I dont know that all occulus games work on vive now the DRM is gone, but I do know that many of them worked with a revive hack, and now they dont need the hack. I hate being misquoted. I posted it as a courtesy to let Vive owners know they can use rift games without drm hacks now, but I guess someone always has to be a dick on the net..

I said the DRM was removed from Rift games, so most will work, but I am not guaranteeing all of them will work because I would be talking out my ass.. I dont know that all occulus games work on vive now the DRM is gone, but I do know that many of them worked with a revive hack, and now they dont need the hack. I hate being misquoted. I posted it as a courtesy to let Vive owners know they can use rift games without drm hacks now, but I guess someone always has to be a dick on the net..
Edit: I still don't know what you're saying, exactly. Just forget it.

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be some hentai games soon enough.

The rift had all its games check to make sure you were using a rift, so they would not work with other devices. People hacked the games so they would work with vive. Rift now removed the check that you have a rift installed. Now rift games compatible with vive can be played on vive without drm issues, but I think you still need to use revive to run them. The bottom line is that vive users can play most the games off the rift store now, so we won't have to worry about vr headset wars in the future like we do with consoles..

I think most of the skeptics are the ones who haven't used it. I wasn't impressed either till I put the headset on and saw the possibilities.. it's a whole new level of gaming
yep, I got to try out the ps4 vr at best buy last week. I was totally surprised at how awesome it really was. I knew it would be impressive but sitting there watching everyone else on the tv screen does not do it justice. I wish I was a PC gamer cause waiting till october is going to be rough. I am sold. totally on board for vr.

Dead and buried, dreadhalls, dead secret.. :eek: names be depressing af
if it makes you feel any better, those games are all terrible

e: actually Dead and Buried isn't out yet, and it might be cool. I was thinking of the Into the Dead. But the other two are trash.

So do you guys just sit in your room alone and do the VR thing? You don't have a spotter? Anyone accidentally run into something or break something?

So do you guys just sit in your room alone and do the VR thing? You don't have a spotter? Anyone accidentally run into something or break something?
The Vive has the chaperone system which gives you an outline of your room while you have the headset on.

Chronos was enjoyable and much better at the sale price.  Herobound is obviously the prototype for Chronos, so if you're gonna get one, get Chronos, much better. 

Darknet is probably the most fun I've had with the Rift in terms "yea, I'll play a few rounds of that". 

Defense Grid 2 looks and plays great with loads of depth.

Blazrush is a solid $5 and probably the "steal" of the sale.  Think of Rock & Roll Racing sort of vibe in post apoc setting.  

yep, I got to try out the ps4 vr at best buy last week. I was totally surprised at how awesome it really was. I knew it would be impressive but sitting there watching everyone else on the tv screen does not do it justice. I wish I was a PC gamer cause waiting till october is going to be rough. I am sold. totally on board for vr.
I used both the Rift and PSVR at E3 last year. While I cannot claim what you experienced in a commercial set, the difference between the Rift and PSVR was massive. I had played EVE: Valkyrie on both and the view range and detail was loads high. However, the PSVR held the framerate, responded well, and I even set the daily high score. :p

Haven't played EVE: Valkyrie since their recent updates, but I had to stop several times because the player pool was incredibly small and I would get sharked by hardcore players so hard it wasn't fun. The game really needs a COD style campaign and/or party based PvE scenarios. I want to experience the fun and world, but hate spending most of the time in the damn launch shoot...

bread's done
Back