* * * * * 1 votes

Forza Horizon 3 - Gen. Discussion Available Xbox One & Win 10 - Hot Wheels now Available!

Forza Horizons Forza Horizons Forza Horizons 3 Racing Hotwheels

#1 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:22 AM

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

The Forza Horizon 3 E3 segment brings you the world premier trailer and an onstage demo featuring 4-player co-op and Windows 10 cross play. In Forza Horizon 3, you’re in charge of the Horizon Festival. Customize everything, hire and fire your friends, and explore Australia in over 350 of the world’s greatest cars, including the debut of the 2017 Lamborghini Centenario.

Gotta love it, exploration, crazy off-road races & good tunes. Oh and then there's also that huge roster of cars, buggies, sand rails, and what not to collect in your garage. I'm excited and Forza Horizon 3 is another cross play game so you'll be able to go with Xbox One or WIndows 10 driving down the outback of Australia.

Update: 3/7/17 - Tamo Racemo exclusive debut added to all player's garages, check your messages.

cb6ed56c-b3d3-48c7-9b1e-32be8efe7d1a.jpg

Update 5/9/17 - Hot Wheels Expansion, 2nd of the Season Pass - 1st was Blizzard Mountain - Content, is now Available Now! Trailer in Spoiler. https://www.microsof...ls/9nhpkzzpbcw1

The Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels expansion is the ultimate playground for cars! Located off the coast of Australia, this chain of islands is here to make your Hot Wheels fantasies come to life with loops, corkscrews, boost pads, high bank turns, half-pipes, insane jumps - and even mechanical dinosaurs! Race ten new cars including Hot Wheels icons like the Twin Mill and Boneshaker. Create custom Hot Wheels events by swapping out stunt track sections and dare your friends to try them. Also included is a new hidden barn find car to discover, new Xbox Live Achievements, new Bucket Lists, Rivals, new multiplayer arenas and more. Available for purchase separately, or as part of the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass.

Spoiler

Here's the link for Blizzard Mountain as well. https://www.microsof...in/9nblggh42rl1

Edited by Spybreak9, 09 May 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#2 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10549 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

I don't care about racing games that aren't Burnout, but god damn this game looks great. May be the first non-Burnout driving game i've bought since GT2 on PS1.

#3 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

#4 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:34 AM

Yeah, I could see a co-op sessions with this.

#5 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8713 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

Does anyone know in FH3 if they will require you to drive to an event every time like in FH2? One of my most annoying parts of FH2 is finishing an event series then if I wanted to do another one, drive however long it was to get to the new event series. I don't mind the first time but every time after that it got annoying because I could not fast travel.

#6 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:34 PM

Yeah I don't know, def agree with you on that one. That might have been with the FH2 game, it was that it's not the destination it's the adventure there they kept focusing on.

#7 saboism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:37 PM

Demo was fun. Going to grab this digitally for the Play Anywhere, pretty excited about that. What a great series this is.

It's been a while since I played FH2 but I thought you could fast travel once you unlocked a location and it just cost you some cash to do so. Could be wrong.

#8 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

Gymkhana NINE

Spoiler

Yeah also posted on Forza Motorsport's FB page;

Forza Community Writer #johniwanna will be hitting the #FH3demo today in the #tuesdaytwitch

if you have opened up online free roam you can join in once he has finished the demo.

We will also be checking out the FM6 Porsche Rivals event.

Man the game looks gorgeous.

#9 djanuj  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

*drooling* over this game!

#10 ginjaninja88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

ginjaninja88

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:35 PM

Does anybody know how the Xbox one disc versions of this game , get you the windows 10 version ? All the marketing on play anywhere just mentions digital purchases . Is there a code ?

#11 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:49 PM

Play Anywhere title's cross play feature is only digital as it's tied to your microsoft account upon purchase.

#12 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6630 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:59 AM

Not really a big fan of racing game but Horizon is so good. Might have to get my own copy soon.

#13 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5217 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:53 PM

So, does anybody else get annoyed that there is no map on the GPS screen when you go into the cockpit view? Besides that, I love the game immensely and I'm not a real racing fan.

#14 wowimsocute   You're funny...looking! CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

wowimsocute

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:01 AM

I love burnout paradise. Magic CAG ball, will I like this game? Any comparisons?

#15 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:38 AM

So, does anybody else get annoyed that there is no map on the GPS screen when you go into the cockpit view? Besides that, I love the game immensely and I'm not a real racing fan.

Ah, pretty sure there is... it even zooms out the faster you go.

Or am I miss understanding you?

Minus some technical hickups I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.

#16 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5217 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

When in cockpit view of the car, in the middle of dash there always seems to be a screen. Mine are always blank. Would have been perfect to add a GPS map there. Not talking about the regular gps hud.

#17 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8713 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:11 PM

Trying to get that sell 5 car achievement in the auction house.

Anyone have any tips? I bought a few 25k cars and been trying to sell them for the lowest price possible but no luck.

#18 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

Trying to get that sell 5 car achievement in the auction house.

Anyone have any tips? I bought a few 25k cars and been trying to sell them for the lowest price possible but no luck.

Well, the easy thing to do is find someone willing to buy and sell the same cheap car back and forth...  If both are online at the same time it would go by real quick I imagine.

Edit: Add me, I would do it with ya.  Live: INMATEofARKHAM

#19 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:06 PM

Yeah I'd suggest hop on to the CAG party bro.

#20 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6630 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:27 PM

Pretty sure it's a pricing error but you can get Forza Horizon 3 digiatl for $19.99:

http://www.target.co...y-/-/A-51742572

#21 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8713 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:11 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else's wheel spins suck? I think in 20 levels I got one car and got the lowest amount possible about 6-7 times.

#22 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else's wheel spins suck? I think in 20 levels I got one car and got the lowest amount possible about 6-7 times.

I've done better than that... Got a truck worth over had a million dollars.

It's pretty fun to drive through traffic with...

#23 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

Pretty sure it's a pricing error but you can get Forza Horizon 3 digiatl for $19.99:

http://www.target.co...y-/-/A-51742572

Nah that was dead on arrival, well say a few minutes but yeah old news.

#24 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8713 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone know of any good tutorials for drifting? I am terrible at it and I need to get better to do the drift zones.

#25 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

Does anyone know of any good tutorials for drifting? I am terrible at it and I need to get better to do the drift zones.

Balance out the throttle and the brake while almost sideways. The easiest way to go about it is like a rally racer and hit the e-brake and turn the steering wheel the opposite direction of the corner. Just practice in the open world whenever and you'll get the hang of it.

#26 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4474 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

Is it me or is the game really hard to control?  I've played through GT4, GT5, Burnout Paradise, Need for Speed, etc. with no problems, but I am having a really hard time controlling the car in this game.  I spin out and fish tail constantly.  Are there any driving assists to turn on anywhere?  I'm playing on the PC with a 360 controller if that makes a difference.

The game does look amazing though, even on my 3 year old PC with a bit above the minimum requirements.  The low video memory pop up every 30 seconds is annoying as hell though.

#27 luan87us   I am cheap! CAGiversary!   1839 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

I'm no way expert at it but to get 3 stars in drift zones you will want the most speed and angle you can get. The rest will just be maintaining the drift and chaining them together.

I find it quite difficult to scandinavian flick or simply downshift to initiate a drift in this game. 99% of the time I have to hit the ebrake then maintain it from there. I play with all assist off at steering in normal as I'm using a controller. Its actually quite easy to drift in this game compare to driving sims like assetto.

If you can describe the issue youre having it might be easier for us to give you advices. Are you spinning out? Spring back to other direction too fast? Not able to hold the drift for the entire corner?

#28 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8713 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

I'm no way expert at it but to get 3 stars in drift zones you will want the most speed and angle you can get. The rest will just be maintaining the drift and chaining them together.

I find it quite difficult to scandinavian flick or simply downshift to initiate a drift in this game. 99% of the time I have to hit the ebrake then maintain it from there. I play with all assist off at steering in normal as I'm using a controller. Its actually quite easy to drift in this game compare to driving sims like assetto.

If you can describe the issue youre having it might be easier for us to give you advices. Are you spinning out? Spring back to other direction too fast? Not able to hold the drift for the entire corner?

The problem I have is when I drift controlling it so I don't spin out. I am either too holding back so I don't get a good drift/angle or I overextend and spin out.

I have also become addicted to the wheelspins since I bought that perk where I can buy them. I don't waste all my money but I put a lot down so far on them. It's a risk but I want that Ford GT.

#29 suggsisrandom  

suggsisrandom

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:33 PM

Rwd makes it easier than awd. I learned I was spinning a lot because of awd.

I have a buddy who is crazy good with drifting. He's been helping me out.

#30 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

Rwd makes it easier than awd. I learned I was spinning a lot because of awd.

I have a buddy who is crazy good with drifting. He's been helping me out.

AWD is easier, for the most part...  You do want to turn off traction and stability control in your difficulty options...  For some of the shorter trials you might want to do an online adventure in solo mode.  (It will get rid of the drivatars but you won't be able to rewind.)