* * * * * 1 votes

Forza Horizon 3 - Gen. Discussion Available Xbox One & Win 10 - Hot Wheels now Available!

Forza Horizons Forza Horizons Forza Horizons 3 Racing Hotwheels

#61 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

Made sure I got in on Saturday night too. Haven't used it yet, but I'm also not a big Porsche fan, so that's partly why. I wanted to make sure I got it though since I thought I saw a challenge or something having to do with winning a race with a Porsche.

Yeah, I was thinking I might need it for the 918, which is pretty much the only Porsche I care about.

Anyhow, the car from the last Forzathon is pretty solid.

#62 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5012 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

SB,

Have you tried the method where you visit the achievement's page on xbox.com?

#63 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

SB,

Have you tried the method where you visit the achievement's page on xbox.com?

What's that? I just looked on my achievements page for the game on Xbox.com, do I need to do something in particular?

#64 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5012 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:48 AM

Can't recall exactly.  Check out this story on TA.

https://www.trueachi...ems-on-xbox-one

#65 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

Can't recall exactly. Check out this story on TA.

https://www.trueachi...ems-on-xbox-one

Well they're said to just not be done, shows up as Locked Achievement. I played the game offline for many months and all the achievements I got then are not finished. No other game has done this to me. Maybe I haven't looked at the right page or whatever but I think I'm screwed. I even tried the offline trick to no avail. If it was any other game I wouldn't care, but FH3 is all tied into my Forza Hub stats and I can get a higher tier but no I still need the gamerscore in FH3, gah.

Edited by Spybreak9, 19 April 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#66 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

This weekend's Frozathon is on, up for grabs a Porsche 959, fairly easy to get too (complete a championship).

PSA: for the Lumberjack challenge, you need to go to the Dry Reservoir and knock over the white tree stumps, pretty easy to do if you've got the hog.

I mopped up all 4 challenges in about 45 minutes, the 3 Star Drift Challenge being the hardest but if you have Blizzard Mountain, just go there and use the snow and ice to your advantage.

Edited by Spybreak9, 22 April 2017 - 12:51 AM.

#67 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2589 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

This weekend's Frozathon is on, up for grabs a Porsche 959, fairly easy to get too (complete a championship).

PSA: for the Lumberjack challenge, you need to go to the Dry Reservoir and knock over the white tree stumps, pretty easy to do if you've got the hog.

I mopped up all 4 challenges in about 45 minutes, the 3 Star Drift Challenge being the hardest but if you have Blizzard Mountain, just go there and use the snow and ice to your advantage.

I knocked out all of them but the Lumberjack one on Saturday morning. 

I worked on a few of the other PR stunts afterwords and got a bunch of Drift Zones and a few Danger Signs done.  Thanks to some tips from one of my friends I was finally able to get the two that were giving me the hardest time (Yarra Valley's lumber mill and the one near the festival that involves jumping the massive valley).  I got really lucky on the Lumbermill Danger Sign as I actually skidded my front end along the roof of the warehouse and it didn't end my jump measurement.

http://xboxclips.com...62949016a/embed

The 28 second mark is the attempt that actually counted.

#68 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

Next expansion is Hot Wheels and um a lot of ramps and plastic roads! Out May 9th.

#69 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Next expansion is Hot Wheels and um a lot of ramps and plastic roads! Out May 9th.
https://www.youtube....h?v=6-K_M4i2Bbs

I feel like this trailer should have dropped on the first...

Intresting. Anyhow, since my last windows 10 patch I really haven't been able to play. Crashes quickly after it starts.

#70 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

Lol, that's why I play on Xbox. My Windows 10 computer keeps wanting to update to a creative whatever update and I just keep clicking remind me later.

#71 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Lol, that's why I play on Xbox. My Windows 10 computer keeps wanting to update to a creative whatever update and I just keep clicking remind me later.

I couldn't spend 400 bucks for a substandard experience.

#72 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2589 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Was able to knock out another 13 achievements last night.  Thankfully I was finally able to get the PR Superstar achievement done for getting 3 stars on all PR events.  That one was an absolute pain as there were 1 speed trap I must have spent an hour or two trying to get and must have used 4 or 5 different cars but was finally able to get it. It is the northern most one in Byron Bay southwest of the shipwreck and I think it is actually a Yarra Valley icon.

I was also able to knock out most of the Blizzard Mountain achievements. I have 6 left, one will be easy and then I think 3 of them are just more of a grind and two are online related.

#73 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:11 AM

Yeah I still have that PR achievement to go, no worries It'll happen eventually lol. I actually found, while traveling to the championship, with the Aston Martin DB5, that it's a great drifting car believe it or not!

#74 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2589 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

Yeah I still have that PR achievement to go, no worries It'll happen eventually lol. I actually found, while traveling to the championship, with the Aston Martin DB5, that it's a great drifting car believe it or not!

See I read the Challenge wrong and was using the Vulcan at first and realized that car maxed out with AWD on it is an absolute monster for drfiting. It is easy to rack up score since it is so fast as well.  I used that for about 5 or 6 stunts.  Then I switched to the DB5 and finished off the challenge.

#75 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

I only have two blizzard mountain achievements to go... both online MP stuff if anyone wants to knock them out give me a ring.

#76 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:33 AM

This weekend's Forzathon is pretty easy to pull off & will net you a lot of XP and a barn find rumor:

34429719275_04e3b281ae_c.jpg

#77 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2589 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:00 AM

This weekend's Forzathon is pretty easy to pull off & will net you a lot of XP and a barn find rumor:

34429719275_04e3b281ae_c.jpg

They are really easy. I think I knocked all of them out in 30-45 minutes last night a couple hours after it went live. I also created a Championship last night to knock out that achievement for creating a championship with 10 events and 100+ miles of racing. I threw in 3 circuit races that are 15 laps each and then bought the temporary perk for 3X XP for skill chains in the next three championship races. Should be interesting to see how much I gain.

#78 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

They are really easy. I think I knocked all of them out in 30-45 minutes last night a couple hours after it went live. I also created a Championship last night to knock out that achievement for creating a championship with 10 events and 100+ miles of racing. I threw in 3 circuit races that are 15 laps each and then bought the temporary perk for 3X XP for skill chains in the next three championship races. Should be interesting to see how much I gain.

I run, or did when I played the game regularly, a number of the smaller tracks at 25 laps while also doing the championship XP perk...  The gain is pretty impressive if you can keep your chains going.  The Ford Raptor HE (credits) or the Ram Rummer HE (Destruction) are pretty awesome on the off road tracks. 

I think my favorite is the rain forest circuit with its 40-45 second laps.

#79 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

Yeah I was in my Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 and did a head to head and got the barn find that way. Went to the airfield and competed in a drag race in the same car, lol got 3rd actually. The longest one was trying to get three stars on one of my PR jumps I still needed to max. Yeah I also just used the temp credits/xp boost along with free upgrade and 5% purchase discount perks last night.

#80 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

Hot Wheels expansion is up, and it's insane!

http://www.cheapassg...w1&pid=13711579

The Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels expansion is the ultimate playground for cars! Located off the coast of Australia, this chain of islands is here to make your Hot Wheels fantasies come to life with loops, corkscrews, boost pads, high bank turns, half-pipes, insane jumps - and even mechanical dinosaurs! Race ten new cars including Hot Wheels icons like the Twin Mill and Boneshaker. Create custom Hot Wheels events by swapping out stunt track sections and dare your friends to try them. Also included is a new hidden barn find car to discover, new Xbox Live Achievements, new Bucket Lists, Rivals, new multiplayer arenas and more. Available for purchase separately, or as part of the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass.  

OP updated as well.

Edited by Spybreak9, 09 May 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#81 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

Just bought the hot wheels expansion but I can't access any of the content.

I don't have gold membership and I just started playing this game. I've read that I need to get further in the game to access hot wheels content?

Also, hot wheels freeroam is locked and needs gold membership to use feature?

Damn I hope this 20$ doesn't turn out to be an 80$ purchase if I gotta buy gold membership to play.

#82 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

Per any expansion or DLC content, yes you need to get to a certain amount of the game to unlock the ability to go there. Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels islands are more harder compared to the base game so I'd assume the devs made it so that you'd have to have at best a good grasp of car handling and/or sizeable garage to choose from.

#83 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:05 AM

Thanks that was it.

#84 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

"We asked the Hot Wheels engineers how they did all this and they asked how the Horizon engineers reversed time."

Hahaha, maybe they used some help:

480x204xvlcsnap-2014-08-24-22h00m21s333-

Anyways, there's a lot of that 4th wall joking in this DLC, quite easily the best DLC for Forza imo.

Edited by Spybreak9, 12 May 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#85 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2589 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:29 AM

"We asked the Hot Wheels engineers how they did all this and they asked how the Horizon engineers reversed time."

Hahaha, maybe they used some help:

480x204xvlcsnap-2014-08-24-22h00m21s333-

Anyways, there's a lot of that 4th wall joking in this DLC, quite easily the best DLC for Forza imo.

I've been noticing a lot of small jokes in there too.  They definitely have given me a good laugh with the humor in this DLC.

#86 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Got to spend some real time with the expansion and, wow, its pretty damn awesome.  Improvements to PC performance seem to be legit too.  I pretty much rock a solid 72 FPS.

Anyhow, there's an achievement for it so I'm sure everyone will find out about it soon or have already but I was having issues with one of the challenges and went to swap the weather to get more natural wheel slip (drift) without having to lose speed and found out you can swap parts of the track!

They really did an awesome job.

#87 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

Yeah a bunch of stunt challenges for this weekend's Forzathon, all of May shown below:

33943007760_5e8ab8c014_c.jpg

#88 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

Man, I hate when they do single day events... I'm always afraid I'll forget them.

#89 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:08 AM

Man, I hate when they do single day events... I'm always afraid I'll forget them.

With all the digital assistants we have these days?! Make a reminder yo, lol!

#90 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

So I guess I never noticed this before, but buying the Ultimate Edition doesn't give you the expansion packs?  Was all excited to start the Hot Wheels DLC today but its making me buy it.  Gonna have to go get some credit now, damn.