DEAD Newegg: Sony PlayStation Silver Wired Stereo Headset $12.49 shipped

You're not kidding. I got one of these on clearance at Target. It was like having a vice on my head.
Came here to say this. I may have a big head, but this thing crushed my ears. Couldn't use it for more than like 20 minutes before it started to hurt. Fortunately, i didn't pay a dime for it; BB threw it in with the package when i bought my PS4. Used it maybe 10 times, then caved and bought the gold headset, which is better in every way. Cheap is fine sometimes, but uncomfortable is a deal breaker.

I wonder why they made these so much tighter than the golds. The cheap plastic they used might have been adequate had they designed the width around typical head sizes.

I wonder why they made these so much tighter than the golds. The cheap plastic they used might have been adequate had they designed the width around typical head sizes.
Maybe they figured that parents would buy the cheaper ones for younger kids whereas the older kids and adults would buy the golds. Just speculation, I have absolutely nothing to base this on.

I have the gold headset and love it (got it with the nathan drake collection bundle for $75). I almost pulled the trigger on this one as I figured I could use it on my laptop when I'm at my mothers. But the reviews I've read of it being super ultra tight and being prone to snapping stayed my hand.

I have a pretty big head and at first it was the most uncomfortable headset I ever wore, I wear glasses and it felt like it was pinning them to my ears, and it was during the summer and it felt like it was lighting my ears on fire.  Eventually I got used to it, however do be warned, if you have glasses and a big head, don't get these!  But very good at getting the job done, the job being a cheap, useable headset.

I have a pretty big head and at first it was the most uncomfortable headset I ever wore, I wear glasses and it felt like it was pinning them to my ears, and it was during the summer and it felt like it was lighting my ears on fire. Eventually I got used to it, however do be warned, if you have glasses and a big head, don't get these! But very good at getting the job done, the job being a cheap, useable headset.
I have a wide head and wear glasses and they're snug but perfectly comfortable. That's just me though.

When I got these from target clearance, I put the headset "on" a stack of dvd's for a few days to stretch them out.  I have a big head and I thought they were perfectly comfortable! 

I'm wearing these right now. Had them for over a year; very tight, eventually the top split a bit, but its still connected, so now its loose. Which is fine. Sound good. Its hit/miss as to whether its worth it. 

Well code didn't work. Anyway I got mine at Walmart but the thing came dead. Mic would not work and it did click. I sent it back but walmart took a long time to give me a replacement and from the look of my order they would have shipped it to the wal mart store instead of my house. Original order was ship to store sure but I shipped it back from my house so it should be delivered back to my house. I would have return the thing to the store if I had known they would have done that.

If thing is too tight, note the speakers or whatever you call those parts the sound come from, can be moved up and down. Also try tilting it, it wasn't that tight for me when I was trying to get the dumb thing to work. Instead I saw Hori had their own on amazon for the same price I got this crap and got that instead and it worked. Also an actual mic than a solid piece of plastic. I was thinking of just keeping the replacement for the broken one but since they took too long to replace it, let alone to ship it I just canceled it. I don't even know if I got my money back. Original order was debt/credit but new order for the replacement said cash. So I don't know if when I had to go pick it up, I would had to pay.

Even with my fat head I was going to roll the dice on this one since my Logitech USB headset bit the dust but alas, the code indeed does not work.

bread's done
Back