CAGcast #456: 4K4K4K

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang tackles the important issues such as the Nintendo NX's absence from E3 2016, best t-shirt of E3 2016, and the benefits of light up gaming mice.

Download (1 hours 8 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS

https://audioboom.com/boos/4767332-cagcast-456-4k4k4k

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAGCAST

Harry's Father's Day Shave Set

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -   Clean Bandit - Dust Clears ft. Noonie Bao
Outro - Donkey Kong Cereal

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel mildly disturbed that Ship knows so much about Miley Cyrus.

And just to offset all of the "wombat was right about E3" (even though I agree), I think Wombat is way off about The Man From UNCLE. That was a cinematic turd. I watched all of Fantastic 4, but there's no way I could make it to the end of The Man From UNCLE.

Shipwreck you need to check out The Galloping Ghost in Brookfield on your Chicago trip, so many cool arcade games like Outfoxies

Wow, looks like none of you guys took music lessons, since # is a sharp. Reviews are positive anyway, but they are saying this should've been a launch or 2013 title. It is symptomatic about Nintendo's unwilling to strike fast.

Shipwreck did you buy the ZTD with the Watch?

There's a game called "Technomancer?" You got me excited that Tech Romancer is coming back, dammit.

So happy you are going to play "Zero Time Dilemma," Ship! I had to charge up my Vita for that game too! You are right...not sure if Cheapy and Wombat would like it (especially if they didn't play the first two).

For all, thanks for talking more about the Xbox One and giving some good discussion about how the new versions of the Xbox One will impact sales. Great discussion. I might point out that Microsoft talking about all of the cross-buy to PC might have steered me away from buying an Xbox One since I love my PCPCPC!

Then again, if they ever made another Kinect Party, I would buy it in a hot second!

I listened to the whole E3 episode and enjoyed it. E3 seems like the perfect place for VR. I still have no idea how they expect me to play VR in my living room that barely fits a Kinect 2.0. My eyes roll into the back of my head whenever any podcast starts talking about VR for a long time, but I get it, it's the new tech dongle to replace motion gaming.

I think the console rumors killed the E3 hype this year. Everyone knew about the Neo, Scorpio and NX going into E3 and Microsoft was the only one that mentioned there's and they only confirmed how floppy it was. All of the flops.

I enjoyed watching the God of War and Horizon trailers at Sony even though I have never owned a PlayStation. I'm semi excited for Halo Wars 2 but I was hoping they would confirm that you can play as UNSC, Flood and Covenant in custom games and campaign. I probably won't buy it if just the UNSC is playable again. I want a better RTS than that.

I don't think I've ever shared this before but when I first started listening to the podcast I thought Wombat was black. Mostly because the cartoons on the site of the 3 of you. Once I listened more, I quickly realized that he is not black. At all.

Cheapy sounded like he was half awake. I think since Ship and Wombat have always done the CAGcast around this time their used to it but ever since Cheapy moved back to the states he has been sounding like he is about to pass out. Would it be better for you guys to do the show on a weekend so everyone is fully rested or at least have cheapy take a nap before hand.

I didn't hear that Shipwreck even finished the last two Zero Escape games. I think he's gonna get lost, put down the game and throw it into his vault.

I didn't hear that Shipwreck even finished the last two Zero Escape games. I think he's gonna get lost, put down the game and throw it into his vault.
Oh man! I didn't realize that - abort SHIP! Play the first two and enjoy the 3rd! Not a spoiler: it's really good so far IMHO.

Cheapy sounded like he was half awake. I think since Ship and Wombat have always done the CAGcast around this time their used to it but ever since Cheapy moved back to the states he has been sounding like he is about to pass out. Would it be better for you guys to do the show on a weekend so everyone is fully rested or at least have cheapy take a nap before hand.
The times where I have a pong pong lesson and CAGcast on the same day are few, but yeah, I'm pretty tired by that point. I try not to do that.

The intro music for CAG is always bad... but wtf was that this week??!

Really?? That was SOOOO fuckING BAD!

I would love to watch a video of Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck playing Halo 5 Warzone Firefight co-op. I imagine a lot of yelling at and making fun of Wombat.

Hey Cheapy, what did the French guy say when you asked him if he wanted to buy a Wii U?

[customspoiler=Spoiler]Non.[/customspoiler]

Yoy guys bring up self driving cars and then The day after cheapy post the cagcast there was a fatal car crash involving a "self driving" car.

Yoy guys bring up self driving cars and then The day after cheapy post the cagcast there was a fatal car crash involving a "self driving" car.
Tesla repeatedly goes out of it's way to say that Autopilot mode is not autonomous driving. It's driver assist, like cruise control. The driver is supposed to keep his hands on the wheel and be ready to take control at a moments notice, once again like cruise control. As details emerged about this crash it was revealed the driver had a portable DVD player and was watching a Harry Potter movie.

I feel mildly disturbed that Ship knows so much about Miley Cyrus.

And just to offset all of the "wombat was right about E3" (even though I agree), I think Wombat is way off about The Man From UNCLE. That was a cinematic turd. I watched all of Fantastic 4, but there's no way I could make it to the end of The Man From UNCLE.
No, Wombat was right. Man from Uncle was much better than the F4. Just look at the reviews.

67% fresh vs. 9%.

Chalk me up to not knowing there was a Cagcast last week because it was not on the front page.  I thought E3 was OK. I think it would have been better if so much of it had not leaked.  Given the nature of most of leaks I think from a hardware perspective it was easier for the audience to comprehend since they had at least a couple of weeks to come to the grips with the new consoles. 

I do like the idea that the companies are not putting everything in their E3 basket. It is nice to spread the news around the calendar especially since there are so many events now.

E3 was okay I guess. My quick thoughts.

Xbox Anywhere is really cool and probably the best thing to come from E3 this year. First party Microsoft games coming to PC is great news for PC gamers.

Zelda looked pretty good. (rough graphics & pop in though) but I like the gameplay direction the game is going in.

I know all the games I am buying this holiday and early next year - Deus Ex, Forza, Horizon, Dishonored etc. So there isn't really anything new you can show to get me excited because i'm already buying them.

Stuff like Death Stranding is cool I guess but the final game will be nothing like that, and we won't see it until what, 2019? Hard to get excited by that really.

I still have no interest in VR at this time.

Cheapy, If you want to read Sex Criminals it's available digitally though Hoopla. Just follow the instructions on the main page of your library's website.

bread's done
Back