eBay Buy a $90 GameStop Gift Card, Get a $10 Bonus FREE (Mail Delivery)

Hmm wishe I knew for sure if gamestop would let you buy ebay cards with them..we know for sure you can't do amazon anymore right?

Hmm wishe I knew for sure if gamestop would let you buy ebay cards with them..we know for sure you can't do amazon anymore right?
The Amazon cards won't ring up at all. The system will allow eBay but it is YMMV if the employee will let you.

This deal keeps getting worse and worse every time. You have to spend $450 in order to get $500. I'm only going to pick up 2 just so I can use my ebay gift card + ebay bucks cert.

Thanks OP! The GS gift cards from the $60 for $50 deal were delivered quickly

This deal keeps getting worse and worse every time. You have to spend $450 in order to get $500. I'm only going to pick up 2 just so I can use my ebay gift card + ebay bucks cert.

Thanks OP! The GS gift cards from the $60 for $50 deal were delivered quickly
It's still just moving around money without actually spending anything. I bought 5, and ended up with $50 in GS certs, $9 in eBay bucks, $4.5 from ebates and a bunch of points from Gamestop when I convert it back to eBay when the cards arrive in the mail.

Can confirm that Amazon cards from GS are dead as well. I was just there a few days ago. The employee attempted to ring up the $25 and $50 Amazon gift cards, but none rang up.

It's still just moving around money without actually spending anything. I bought 5, and ended up with $50 in GS certs, $9 in eBay bucks, $4.5 from ebates and a bunch of points from Gamestop when I convert it back to eBay when the cards arrive in the mail.
Unfortunately, there's no ebay cards around here, so $450 for ebay is more valuable than $500 Gamestop gift cards.

I'll try looking for some credit movers because I am able to buy ebay cards @ Best Buy

So GS has actually killed Amazon GC purchases.  Wow.  Just recycling for eBay, then.  I don't know.  I'm currently out on eBay GCs.  Target doesn't do eBay GCs anymore, so no 5% savings with RedCard.  Have a smattering of GS and BB GCs, but I'm actually not currently heavily invested into the cycling this time around.  Maybe it's time to get out.  Hmmm.  Decisions, decisions.

Someone on SD mentioned being unable to do gamestop for ebay yesterday in Virginia. Seems like it wasn't an employee not willing to do it, but the system itself. So take that for what it's worth. Cashed in 900 worth of the ebay bucks on this deal  so I hope it was just a glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would think it would vary state to state since the laws differ. As I never understood how a gift card paid with cash good for anything they sell can be denied legally. Especially in states were they have laws protecting the gift card users on the books.

eBay -> GS seems dead. Employee said they got a conference call that it's no longer accepted "at this time" so I'd assume it's no longer accepted nation wide and any longer. Doubt it will come back.

eBay -> GS seems dead. Employee said they got a conference call that it's no longer accepted "at this time" so I'd assume it's no longer accepted nation wide and any longer. Doubt it will come back.
That's the DM pushing that. I imagine some places have problems with fraud and stolen property.

Its been mentioned so many times on the Gamestop thread. It varies from district to district. Most of the time employees lie or incorrectly ring it up.

Its been mentioned so many times on the Gamestop thread. It varies from district to district. Most of the time employees lie or incorrectly ring it up.
That's what I'm hoping that's it's not programmed into the system. The old keep your mouth shut and swipe when payment is do trick should work. Otherwise it's look for flips to Best Buy. Anyway it does seem more and more DMs are doing the no gift card for gift card so I think it's just a matter of time until this loophole is toast. There is probably just too many flipping cards these days.

That's the DM pushing that. I imagine some places have problems with fraud and stolen property.
That's what I'm hoping that's it's not programmed into the system. The old keep your mouth shut and swipe when payment is do trick should work. Otherwise it's look for flips to Best Buy. Anyway it does seem more and more DMs are doing the no gift card for gift card so I think it's just a matter of time until this loophole is toast. There is probably just too many flipping cards these days.
See, now that's why we can't have nice things...

Are you talking about buying gs cards from eBay? Or buying eBay cards from gs? It's been talked about for the last few days about gs denying using trade-in credit for these but I got a few yesterday so it's still possible depending on the store. Denying a digital GC for gs bought through eBay would have me worried though.

It's supposedly going to be dead at the POS level in a few weeks company-wide, so it may be rolling out in waves to stores and in the meantime, the employees are the ones trying to stop it when the POS won't. 

Wait what? Buying EBay gift cards at GS with both trade credit and GS gift cards will no longer be allowed?

Wait what? Buying EBay gift cards at GS with both trade credit and GS gift cards will no longer be allowed?
It's all rumors at this point if they will implement a change at the POS to block it. Right now the only thing that will stop you is if the employee stops you. The system will allow it.

Are you talking about buying gs cards from eBay? Or buying eBay cards from gs? It's been talked about for the last few days about gs denying using trade-in credit for these but I got a few yesterday so it's still possible depending on the store. Denying a digital GC for gs bought through eBay would have me worried though.
I mean buying gift cards at GameStop with GameStop Gift Cards. At least the GS I went to. I only went today though and some people say it still works, but I would expect at least GameStops in California not to allow them anymore. You could call and ask if you wonder.. it's not like it's going to hurt anyone's chances at this point.

Hmmm.  Seems like a good time to get off the eBay rolling train, then.  Still keep up the Best Buy side, since it's easier to justify carrying a few hundred BB credit if they stop allowing GC purchases, and with GCU, it can be worth it.  Looks like the GS side may be too problematic for long-term usage.

I wouldn't mind if they started charging a surcharge to use GS GCs to get other GCs.  Maybe $1 per $100.  That'd cover their fees (I'd think) and still make it worth it to cycle with eBay sales and eBay bucks.  If they shut it altogether, though, bad stuff.

I'm very confident the POS will eventually be enforced.  Chatter about a POS update comes from corporate not some random GS employee.  So I'm sure there's truth to it.  In the past, when people have reported upcoming POS updates, they have been reasonably accurate so I'm expecting something to be done by end of this month.

Heads up: I was unable to buy gift cards with trade credit at GS this morning, and it seemed to be at the POS level. Just outside Balitmore, MD.

Was able to convert GS gift card to Ebay gift card Sunday.  Hope I get these new cards before they kill off the gravy train.

Heads up: I was unable to buy gift cards with trade credit at GS this morning, and it seemed to be at the POS level. Just outside Balitmore, MD.
Yeah, same here with gift cards and trade credit. I didn't have any problems until yesterday, either.

Man I hate you guys that had enough credit to buy five of these things... lol

bread's done
Back