* * * * * 1 votes

[Humble Alert] Humble 2K Bundle

deal sale drm-free drm free discount humble bundle summer

#1 humble  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:43 AM

Today is the first day of the HUMBLE 2K BUNDLE!

Pay what you want for $320 worth of great games for the next two weeks!

7e8d09610dda5fa43a0e0c21d2e82dd0338938e0

#2 Pengy99  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:47 AM

Pretty decent sale really. Some stuff the same price or slightly lower than steam summer sale + 10% off if you are a monthly subscriber. That only really applies to titles with steam keys though because keys > drm free (never thought I would advocate for drm).

#3 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25042 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:09 AM

Funny thing is: many of these DRM-FREE games in this Humble Sale also offer up Steam keys.

I'm fine with this practice, of course - as gamers can use whatever version they feel like.

DRM-FREE fans (who ain't into Steam) can just avoid the Steam-key.

Me, I'm a fan of both the Steam world + DRM-FREE world.

Though, I'd guess many CAG's around here would likely want just the Steam-key, TBH.

#4 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:24 AM

Hey we have a humble rep. That's more interesting than the sale tbqh

#5 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10766 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:43 AM

Humble Rep, better monthlies, plz.  No Cow-a-doody and Hurtworld headliners.

#6 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25042 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:45 AM

And we're still waiting for that Bethesda Humble Bundle & Final Fantasy Humble Bundle...

#7 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20997 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:12 AM

Will there be new deals every day of the sale?  

#8 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5146 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:26 AM

what is your name, Humble Rep?  

#9 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1263 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:29 AM

Got Huniecam and Trails in the Sky SC. Managed to get a hunie foil so feeling pretty justified!

#10 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25042 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:33 AM

Will there be new deals every day of the sale?  

I'd also like to know this.

#11 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:39 AM

Hamble

#12 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10166 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:48 AM

How are the YS games on PC? Good ports? And if I had to pick 2-3, which ones are the best? 

#13 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8701 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:37 AM

How are the YS games on PC? Good ports? And if I had to pick 2-3, which ones are the best? 

I have played Ys 1 and Origin on Pc and they both played well. Not sure which are the best as those are the only ones i've played, but i did like origins better

#14 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:40 AM

Uh, the console Ys games are ports of the PC version so...

#15 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8701 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:45 AM

well are they ported well or not

#16 spoderman  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:48 AM

well are they ported well or not

THEY'RE THE SAME GAMES MORAN!

#17 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:49 AM

HunieCam is appropriately 69% off.

#18 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8701 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:52 AM

THEY'RE THE SAME GAMES MORAN!

dont act like your being sarcastic i know you're bein a meanie

#19 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10166 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:53 AM

Didn't know that but thank you for giving me input on your favorite YS games! Uh. 

Also, smart ass, at least Ys: The Ark of Napishtim had changes to its Steam version different from the original PC version. While unlikely, it may have been possible that they screwed it up for the Steam release. Lol

#20 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:56 AM

iPtk8HE.gif

And no they really didn't change much of anything of note. I had the original Japanese PC release of Ark with a fan English patch (same one XSeed paid to use) a long ass time ago and it's the same damned game it has been for years.

Maybe they made some minor tweaks here and there that's barely noticeable but no it's not a damned port.

#21 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6434 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:14 AM

iPtk8HE.gif

And no they really didn't change much of anything of note. I had the original Japanese PC release of Ark with a fan English patch (same one XSeed paid to use) a long ass time ago and it's the same damned game it has been for years.

Maybe they made some minor tweaks here and there that's barely noticeable but no it's not a damned port.

So what you're saying is....it IS a port?  :-k

#22 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10166 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:15 AM

And I already told you I didn't know that. Are you really going to be an elitist over something you knew and someone else didn't? About versions of RPGs of all things? 

Since you know a lot about this series, it would be awesome if you gave input on your favorite Ys games instead of being fixated on the fact that I made a mistake about these originating on consoles. 

#23 humble  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:17 AM

What kind of stuff would you be excited to see?

#24 humble  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:21 AM

Hey we have a humble rep. That's more interesting than the sale tbqh

:)

This is Bob. I'm @bawbmills on twitter. I mostly work with gamedevs to help schedule Sales. I'm pretty new to the Humble team, but I've been working in games for a few years. 

Hamble

I wish. Am not based enough to be actual Hamble. :P

#25 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5711 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:25 AM

Just some housekeeping stuff: Mooby only likes one or two games, so the odds are stacked heavily against Humble featuring more than 1 per year that piques his interest.

However, subjectively speaking, I'd say Hurtworld is probably the weakest headliner the Monthly bundles have had yet. I get why it was the featured game as it potentially had the highest mass appeal due the genre, but the other headliners were just a LOT stronger -- AAA titles and highly acclaimed stuff.

BLOPS is not my cup of tea, personally, but it's a really strong brand and I'm staying subscribed for this bundle in hopes that the remaining games are strong. The fact that it's a PACK and not really the full game is kind of a bummer though.

#26 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5146 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:32 AM

more INDIE gems with variety of genre.  Isn't survival early access getting a bit too cliche now?

Please go back to your root and focus more on INDIE gems

For headliner, can you do Man of War Corsair or Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition? SteamWorld Heist or Undertale? Tastee Lethal Tactic or Secrets of Grindea? The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  or SUPERHOT

Spice thing up a little bit with older release but still hidden gems like Space Hulk Ascension? Tabletop Simulator? Darkest Dungeon?

#27 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:43 AM

Add me to the list of people tired of seeing survival games that are in early access and likely will be dead before they are ever finished.  (You guys did the big two, Rust and Ark, I don't see the need to cover the genre, at this time, with more of them.)

Call of Duty...  Its a demo.  Why is a demo the lead for a monthly?  (Not sure if I will stay subscribed...)

Some quick choices...

Ones that I feel can headline:

Axiom Verge

Dead by Daylight

Games I would be thrilled to help fill out the bundle:

Guns, Gore & Cannoli

#28 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:51 AM

:)

This is Bob. I'm @bawbmills on twitter. I mostly work with gamedevs to help schedule Sales. I'm pretty new to the Humble team, but I've been working in games for a few years. 

I wish. Am not based enough to be actual Hamble. :P

You seem to be a whole lot more friendly than our Groupees rep.  Welcome!

#29 ZabaZu  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:30 AM

For me personally, Ys Oath in Felghana is my favorite.  I wanna say Origins is the favorite of many, though I personally couldn't get into it like I could with literally every other Ys game I've played, so I won't comment on it outside of saying that it plays extremely similar to Oath in Felghana.  I also really like Ys 1 and 2, but the combat may turn you off (bump combat).  Ys Ark of Napishtim is objectively the worst for me.  It was their first foray into 3D and it shows.  Then again, I played it on the PSP and the framerate was ass (looked and ran worse than Felghana on PSP).

Story-wise, Oath in Felghana focuses a lot on the side character, Dogi.  It'll be kinda weird to play for your first Ys game if you care about story just because you won't learn much at all about Adol, but it wouldn't be a turn off at all.  The stories aren't connected to each other in any meaningful way outside of a few nods here and there (the events between games aren't sequential anyway).  Ys 1 obviously makes the most sense as a starting point story wise though, since there won't be any nods to previous games that you'll miss.

For the record, Ys books 1 and 2 are pretty short.  You could realistically beat the first game in a single (very long) sitting.

It's hard to say which game you should get, but I'll list my order for favorite Ys games I've played.

Oath in Felghana -> Ys 4 (remake on vita) -> Ys 1 -> Ys 2

Didn't play a lot of Origins or Ys 7.

TL;DR, you can't go wrong except with Ark of Napishtim.

#30 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10166 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

For me personally, Ys Oath in Felghana is my favorite.  I wanna say Origins is the favorite of many, though I personally couldn't get into it like I could with literally every other Ys game I've played, so I won't comment on it outside of saying that it plays extremely similar to Oath in Felghana.  I also really like Ys 1 and 2, but the combat may turn you off (bump combat).  Ys Ark of Napishtim is objectively the worst for me.  It was their first foray into 3D and it shows.  Then again, I played it on the PSP and the framerate was ass (looked and ran worse than Felghana on PSP).

Story-wise, Oath in Felghana focuses a lot on the side character, Dogi.  It'll be kinda weird to play for your first Ys game if you care about story just because you won't learn much at all about Adol, but it wouldn't be a turn off at all.  The stories aren't connected to each other in any meaningful way outside of a few nods here and there (the events between games aren't sequential anyway).  Ys 1 obviously makes the most sense as a starting point story wise though, since there won't be any nods to previous games that you'll miss.

For the record, Ys books 1 and 2 are pretty short.  You could realistically beat the first game in a single (very long) sitting.

It's hard to say which game you should get, but I'll list my order for favorite Ys games I've played.

Oath in Felghana -> Ys 4 (remake on vita) -> Ys 1 -> Ys 2

Didn't play a lot of Origins or Ys 7.

TL;DR, you can't go wrong except with Ark of Napishtim.

Thanks for this input!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deal, sale, drm-free, drm, free, discount, humble, bundle, summer