* * * * * 1 votes

[Humble Alert] Humble 2K Bundle

deal sale drm-free drm free discount humble bundle summer

#31 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2369 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

Doorkickers is cheaper than it was for Steam's summer sale, and it comes with the android version too. Hmm.

#32 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10191 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

What kind of stuff would you be excited to see?

Just some random examples of games I'd be glad to see in any Humble offering:  Endless Legend (now that Sega owns the IP), Thea: The Awakening, King of Dragon Pass, 60 Seconds, The Quest, Overfall, Armello, Clandestine, Rebel Galaxy, Dicetiny, Battle Brothers, and Niffelheim.

I think most of those are reasonable candidates.  And, yeah, as the others have pointed out, I'm not much of a frequent bundle buyer lately.  In the past I would buy nearly every bundle Humble put out but since the 'Bundle Wars' broke out in full force it seems the sheer volume of bundles hurts the overall quality.  Most of the people here couldn't care less because they collect +1 Steam library entries but I generally hold off on something unless there's at least two or three games in it that interest me.

Not a huge fan of the loot crate monthlies but if the head-liner game is notable enough I'm willing to gamble.  I bought the Mad Max one because $12 was a good price for it on its own... of course I hated all of the bonus stuff added but, no problems, I gifted them to people who I owed.

Hurtworld just seemed like an incredibly weak headliner.  You're not going to get me to plunk down $12 on another in a long line of crappy (yeah I said it) multiplayer survival/shooters.  Cow-a-d00dy.  Well, yeah, people love it.  I don't.  It's popular, though, so fair enough.  One request that I think you could possibly accommodate is to spread the genre around in an individual bundle.  One of the main reasons I was disappointed with the bonus additions to the Mad Max bundle was because almost all of them were platformers of some kind (not my cup of tea).  Funny thing is the bonuses in past bundles have been great... it's just that the headlining games didn't interest me enough.

Maybe consider teasing two games of different genres to draw more people in?

#33 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8363 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

What kind of stuff would you be excited to see?

The humbles are typically a decent deal, although this one in July was kinda meh. My biggest request would just be to stop with survival games. Hurtworld, ark, rust....it just seems like a lot. Personally I'd like to see more rpgs. Loved that Wasteland 2 was in a bundle, there are more out there like that (Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin) that are high profile enough that they could probably be a good headliner. There are also some others (Underrail, Icewind Dale EE, Shadowrun Hong Kong) that would be great additions. I think revealing a second game during weaker months might be a good idea (I could be wrong, but I don't see Hurtworld or CoD multiplayer pack really enticing people to splurge). Like mooby said, spreading the genre around could be good, trying not to have more than one game of the same genre in a bundle, two at most.

#34 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20318 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:05 PM

Well, I'll chime in and say I can't get enough of the survival games.  Rust, Ark, The Forest, and Hurtworld to me are some of the strongest games included in the monthlies so far so I say keep it up.  My suspicion from the demand and buzz is that most gamers feel the same way about it too which is likely why they remain included.  We have a few curmudgeons in here that hate anything zombie/survival related so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. 

#35 spoderman  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

I don't think anyone is complaining about the quality or demand of Rust, Ark, and The Forest.. well, except for Mooby and maybe pasports. It's Hurtworld that's debateable. If you look at the reviews it seems that the community has been dying. I can't confirm it for myself as I don't own it and haven't played it, but there's a big difference in Hurtworld and the other survival games they've bundled. Tons of other people have complained about Hurtworld being a headliner on other sites as well. I think it's the game, in this case, not the genre.

#36 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10191 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:35 PM

Damn right I'll complain.  Survival games are the bane of modern gaming.  Developer's excuse to produce unfinished products with 'build your own' content modules.  Everyone and their mother is pumping out crappier and crappier survival games now.

#37 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10595 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

Fox only plays his survival games for three hours each so he needs them to come rapidly, cheap and guilt-free.  "Hey, I only bought Hurtworld because it was in this bundle!"

#38 DickDangus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

DickDangus

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:20 PM

I went ahead and picked up Whistleblower, because I felt like I should buy something to celebrate freedom from tyranny.

As far as monthlies go I think you should add more silly sports games. And walking simulators.

#39 humble  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

I went ahead and picked up Whistleblower, because I felt like I should buy something to celebrate freedom from tyranny.

SiteAdmin-ProductImages-show_TY-Patriot-

#40 humble  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

Lots of great monthly bundle suggestions, thanks. I might start a Monthly Bundle Megathread!

#41 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8732 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

I do agree the headliner can really make or break a bundle. I wont be getting the next since I don't want BLOPs3 Starter Pack. Hurtworld was a weak one too, which I gambled on and did alright, but yup not going for this next one at least.

#42 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2810 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

Honest suggestion - how about a Humble CAG Bundle curated by the community here? We could even dedicate the bundle to JonnyC, our biggest fan. :p

CheapyD, get on this!

#43 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2369 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

Lots of great monthly bundle suggestions, thanks. I might start a Monthly Bundle Megathread!

Just drop by this thread.

#44 humble  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

Just drop by this thread.

Looks like you all visit that one pretty regularly. Think it would be best to post daily-deal updates there?

#45 indef  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:35 PM

Looks like you all visit that one pretty regularly. Think it would be best to post daily-deal updates there?

The original poster of that thread doesn't update anymore, meaning the first post and title are out of date and probably won't ever get corrected...this means random traffic (people who just skim the main deals board looking for new stuff) often skip that thread entirely since it's mostly a cesspit of regurgitated complaints (picture this thread with extra Mooby).

Might want to keep this thread open for store deals which often get buried in the bundle chatter.  You could always cross post info in both if you choose.

You could also have the other thread closed by the higher-ups and take over as a catch-all for all things Humble, but this site has a long and storied history of running off store reps, and you probably aren't being paid enough to deal with our crap.

Anyway, cheers and good luck.

#46 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

you probably aren't being paid enough to deal with our crap.

Quote of the day! :lol:

#47 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

My kingdom for a discount on Hitman 2016...

#48 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20318 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

We definitely have run off many a store rep.  Paid and unpaid.  I second Indef though, probably best to keep it here or keep it to your own threads.  The other threads tend to be more off topic banter and repetitive inside jokes and your posts would likely get buried.  

As for your time on CAG, expect like a million suggestions all the time from normal add a game to a bundle type suggestions to like intricately planned 5-year business plans for the future of humble.  Also, expect a lot of unreasonable requests, like X game just came out and is the number one seller on Steam and so you guys should totally have that for the next Humble $1 tier.  

Enjoy your time here as much as possible :)  

#49 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

My kingdom for a discount on Hitman 2016...

And Madjoki or Spoder y u no bai wen in 3, 2, 1...

#50 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2688 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

I felt like I should buy something to celebrate freedom from tyranny.

Trump 2016

#51 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23731 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:27 PM

Also, expect a lot of unreasonable requests, like X game just came out and is the number one seller on Steam and so you guys should totally have that for the next Humble $1 tier.  

I expect soon a Konami Humble Bundle w/ MGSV: GZ + TPP in the 1st Tier & every Castlevania game that has hit the PC in the BTA. ;)

#52 humble  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:04 PM

I expect soon a Konami Humble Bundle w/ MGSV: GZ + TPP in the 1st Tier & every Castlevania game that has hit the PC in the BTA. ;)

PB9d7.jpg

BRB emailing kojima about Death Stranding

#53 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23731 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:15 AM

BRB emailing kojima about Death Stranding

Fantastic! I got a ton of more requests for future Konami Humbles.

Ask Kojima about bringing ALL of the old Metal Gear Solid games to the PC, too! :)

#54 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1308 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:33 AM

Long time Humble fan (account says in on Humble Bundle #2), and I cannot tell if I'm less excited about modern bundles because I either own them all already or there's too many games not of my liking.  Probably a bit of both (not on the +1 kick). 

I've only bought in on one Humble Monthly, for ARK.  I do like the survival games, but typically the ones that offer a solid single player experience and feel well built right now (ARK, The Forest, Subnautica).  

I do agree that COD BLOPS demo is kind of lame.  I was excited to see it up front, but I wanted to play the single player as I have that Overwatchimicallit game for my shootan' dewds.

Other than random internet rants, tell your folks thanks for doing awesome work.  Still love checking in on Tuesdays for something saucy. 

#55 jrodri86   Metroidvanias and Diablo-likes addict CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:40 AM

This. That Dracula bundle from Nuuvem is mighty tempting, but the idea of having every Castlevania game on an Indie bundle is pretty much the reason why I haven't bought it yet.

#56 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8363 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:14 AM

I expect Bayonetta and Red Dead Redemption to headline the next humble monthly

#57 soulkyo   I don't have time to play but I keep on hoarding. CAGiversary!   1024 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

Dear Hamble, make a CAG bundle  :-({|=

#58 spoderman  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

I expect Bayonetta and Red Dead Redemption to headline the next humble monthly

u didnt use YCS so u were serious. Y U HAVE SUCH UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS PA

#59 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2688 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

For my input, I've also been down with Humble for a very long time, and always buy from the Humble Store whenever I can instead of Steam, but these recent bundles have been... Bleh.

Like many others, I got the Mad Max Monthly just for Mad Max itself, and although I appreciated Oddworld: New N Tasty (a fantastic remake of a great game, but I already own it twice on PS4) I was glad I wasn't gambling on anything outside of Mad Max.

I'm aware that the price point means it can't be packed with 60 dollar releases or anything, as well as Humble being beholden to the games' publishers, but yknow. It could definitely be better.

And on the subject of COD, I think it wouldn't be getting the same response if it was Blops 2 or even 1 in its entirety. Having a "starter pack" as the headliner is, I would assume, what people have the real problem with. I don't disagree -- those bundles that were a bunch of items for f2p games always made me scratch my head too.

#60 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4202 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:50 PM

What the shit we have a Humble rep?

I'm gonna name him Tony.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deal, sale, drm-free, drm, free, discount, humble, bundle, summer