* * * * * 1 votes

[Humble Alert] Humble 2K Bundle

deal sale drm-free drm free discount humble bundle summer

#61 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3013 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:53 PM

What the shit we have a Humble rep?

I'm gonna name him Tony.

c629d384a83cc640e14ad282f28ee2f9.jpg

#62 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25050 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:16 PM

Dear Hamble, make a CAG bundle  :-({|=

That would be cool.

I'm also waiting for a Tebow Bundle...

#63 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

Dear Hamble, make a CAG bundle  :-({|=

I nominate Mooby to curate it.

#64 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1779 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:07 AM

My only wish is for more granularity in the Purchases screen. I've bought nearly every single Humble bundle since the second one. I have a library of thousands of items. But the stuff I love the most is the comics.

Aggravatingly, the "eBook" category on items is slowly becoming useless. Magazines, art books, novellas, short stories, comic books, and more, all listed together in one gigantic mashup. The same goes for the "Audio" section, with comedy CDs, audiobooks, game OSTs and original music all listed together.

If you're going to embrace more media than just games, I think splitting them up would help he consumption of that media.

#65 humble  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:01 AM

Pick up the HUMBLE 2K BUNDLE, and pay what you want for $320 worth of great games for the next two weeks!

7e8d09610dda5fa43a0e0c21d2e82dd0338938e0

#66 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:10 AM

Hey Humble dude, come hang out in the Humble megathread we've had since forever.

#67 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10768 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:43 AM

Well you answered my request for cheap Battleborn but it's a catch 22 -- means it'll be F2P like Evolve soon.

#68 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5147 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:56 AM

Hey Humble dude, come hang out in the Humble megathread we've had since forever.

i think ppl ask Bob to make his own official Humble Thread b/c he can edit the OP

#69 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:01 AM

i think ppl ask Bob to make his own official Humble Thread b/c he can edit the OP

Agreed. That other thread title still says Deep Silver, that bundle was two months ago. :-P

#70 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20998 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:05 AM

Well you answered my request for cheap Battleborn but it's a catch 22 -- means it'll be F2P like Evolve soon.

See, this is why the rep doesn't post here.  

"Bundle Battleborn!"

BATTLEBORN IS BUNDLED!

"Uh, don't want it anymore sorry, changed my mind."  

#71 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:28 AM

That's so Raven Gilby MysterD Mooby!

#72 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5669 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

"Bundle Battleborn!"

BATTLEBORN IS BUNDLED!

Why I do agree.  On some level I also understand why people aren't following through with buying the bundle.  The bundle has a huge amount of repeats for allot of people so when your basically paying 15 bucks for Battleborn "Battleborn in a bundle" losses allot of its luster.

#73 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10768 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

^ That.  If it were a headliner in a monthly for $12 I'd be a lot more tempted.  Not because it's cheaper but because odds are decent I wouldn't have the monthly additions.  Whereas I have nearly every other 2K published game on Steam already.  I still might buy it later but...  meh!

Also I hardly think my request was the genesis of 2K bundling Battleborn.

#74 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8704 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

I, for one, am thankful Battleborn is in a 15 dollar tier of a bi-weekly bundle as opposed to headlining a monthly, because no part of me wants any part of that failure of a game. It'd be a waste of a spot for another game that I DO want more than Battleborn. 

List of some of the games I want more than Battleborn:

Dark Souls 3

DIvinity Original Sin

Watch Dongs

Half Life 3

Hunie Pop: Empathy toward People with Whore Feelings SImulator

Bad Rats 2

Tebrow Ssponsky Simmolattor

#75 Edge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

I think the latest 2K bundle is really nice.  Got it mostly for Battleborn (hard to argue with a 2 month old game for only $15), but the rest of the games, minus Duke Nukem, are pretty decent too.  Although since I already have Borderlands the Pre-Sequel from the Borderlands bundle, I have a feeling it's another one of those games I'm going to end up with lots of copies of throughout the various bundles.

As far as humble bundles/monthly goes, I have to admit that this month's bundle (with Hurtworld) was probably the weakest to me. Satellite Reign felt like the only real surprise as a standout (hadn't even heard of the game before), but otherwise I didn't really see any games that I would've paid for had it been part of a humble bundle.  Last month's with Rocket League, The Forest, and Planetary Annihilation: Titans was spectacular though, as well as March's with Ark and Wasteland 2, so even if there's a few months out of the year where there's bundles I'm not too excited over, I think it's overall very worthwhile.

One thing I sort of wish is that you'd offer previous Humble Monthly's as Humble Bundles after a period of time, maybe with a tier that goes up to $15 and includes all the games (so you'd pay more than the original Humble Monthly subscribers and get it later, but you'd know what you're getting).  I really would've loved to get the bundles with Rust, Payday 2, the Talos Principle, Grimrock 2, and Towerfall, but I really didn't have any interest in the program until it had been around for a few months, so I sort of feel like I missed out and now I can't see myself paying for those games unless they were part of a bundle of some kind.

As far as future bundles/monthly offers that would be practical (I'd love if Grand Theft Auto 5 or Metal Gear Solid 5 was part of one of course, but I'm not holding my breath :-P ), I'd love to see Ori and the Blind Forest, Undertale, Inside, SOMA, 7 Days to Die, Metro Redux, Kerbal Space Program, Divinity: Original Sin, Life is Strange, This War of Mine, and Firewatch eventually offered.  So if you could just package every single one of those up into a single bundle, that would be greaaaat ;)

#76 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5147 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:39 AM

"Bundle Battleborn Overwatch!"

BATTLEBORN IS BUNDLED!

FIFY

Battleborn was DOA.  That ship sailed away long ago when Overwatch was announced.

And it wasn't by popular demand that Battleborn was bundled.  It was the lack thereof.  :-

(and the mystery behind the disappearance of Bob continues :D/ )

#77 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14555 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:53 AM

humble y u so l8

we posted bout dis b4 it went live

#78 Edge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:14 AM

After playing it for a bit, I'm going to be honest and say that Battleborn isn't actually too bad.  In fact, I'd even call it decent.  Not great, but decent.  Initially I was a little surprised at the comparison to Overwatch since, despite having a similar ideology involving the "heroes" and abilities, it still had a decent number of unique traits of its own, not to mention an actual campaign mode with...well...I won't call it a story, but it's something resembling a narrative.  The heroes are interesting and the gameplay is actually pretty fun.  It just happened to come out at the worst time possible.  If I spent $15 on Battleborn alone, I'd say it was a so-so deal, but with all the other games bundled it's exceptional.  Although I will say, the random lines by the characters and the overall "tone" of the game having an attempt at humor but eventually just being irritating is probably the least appealing thing about it. The lack of a playerbase seems pretty irrelevant since you can still get into games (competitive and campaign) pretty quickly.  Seems like a game best to play in short spurts with friends you know anyway.

Overall, really good bundle I'll say.  Especially since the games offered will be given a breath of life by the sole fact they're part of a humble bundle.

#79 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8704 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:58 AM

im glad you enjoyed bumblebarf

#80 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25050 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:04 PM

Everybody here's chatting about Battleborn...

...while I'm still waiting for the elusive Bethesda Humble Bundle, Activision Humble Bundle + Square Enix Final Fantasy Humble Bundle here!

00901b5364a190b8a322085dc75910e7-650-80.

#81 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4298 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

I think I might be the only person who has enjoyed Battleborn more than Overwatch - its gameplay is just more fun to me and I enjoy the collectathon aspect of it. That actually amazes me because I CANNOT STAND collectathon platformers, but it works for me here since it builds up points for defenses and things.

#82 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5147 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:50 AM

Humble-micro-Jumbo-Bundle.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deal, sale, drm-free, drm, free, discount, humble, bundle, summer