Can't Install Games on External Drives Below 256GB

sdoxas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Hey,

I recently submitted this idea to the Xbox Uservoice Forums: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/15066888-lower-xbox-one-external-hard-drive-threshold-to-ac

If you agree, go vote on it and leave a comment.  There are also a ton of other ideas that you may think worthy, like adding HDMI-CEC support.

My idea/suggestion is that Xbox lower the external hard drive storage threshold from 256GB to something like 240GB. 

As some of you know, a lot of SSD's are of the 240GB and 250GB variety, and the 256GB requirement prevents users like me from using them on Xbox One.

I think there are a lot of Xbox users than have their first 240-250 SSD just lying around, when they could be used to store 3+ games that could really take advantage of the faster loading times (Fallout 4!).

Sure, I have a 500GB, but that's in my PC now.  Sure, I could buy a 256GB SSD, but (believe it or not) I don't want to shell out $100 just for a single-purpose SSD.  Especially when I have a perfectly good 240GB Samsung collecting dust.

A simple lowering of the storage threshold would give a lot of users the ability to play games with blazingly fast SSD performance, immediately. Also, any drive over 200GB is more than enough space for users to store the few select games that demand extra HDD performance (Fallout 4!!).

Thanks for reading, guys.  Give me some of your thoughts here or through the link.  Don't forget to vote if you agree!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back