Assassin's Creed Unity PS4 USED @ walmart.com $4.88 w/ free shipping

I played this game a good 6 months after release on the Xbox one and it was still a mess. I'm sure it's better now but it was an awful experience for me. By far the worse AC to date.

I played a decent bit of the PS4 version several months after release (at least 6, maybe more) and it was fine. 

I played the PS4 version at launch and loved the heck out of it. There were a few bugs, but nothing major that I encountered from start to finish. And Paris is beautiful. So there.

Went ahead and jumped on this, probably won't ever see it this cheap.....  They had some other games with nice pre-owned prices as well.

I think the bug thing is way overstated.  Little glitches here and there but nothing game breaking or drastic.  

Now if you want to say this is the worst AC (since 1 anyway) because the pacing is slowt & there are zero innovations in this version of the series, I'm totally with you there.

I think the bug thing is way overstated. Little glitches here and there but nothing game breaking or drastic.

Now if you want to say this is the worst AC (since 1 anyway) because the pacing is slowt & there are zero innovations in this version of the series, I'm totally with you there.
The bugs weren't overstated with the launch product, which was essentially a beta. It should never have made it past QA in the state it was in. That being said, with the patches that have been done since, the gameplay is very smooth and well done.

Story was ok, but added literally nothing to the timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if the ps4 version is better, but the xb1 version was a mess way after release. I almost gave up but ultimately trudged through it.

Ps4 version still has some bugs and glitches, but nothing game breaking or super annoying so far. The draw distance and amount of pop up (or whatever it's called) I guess is total ass, but I got used to it. Not a bad game for 5 bucks. 

i heard that most of the bugs have been fixed on the pc ver, is the ps4 ver alright?
I played through the whole campaign at launch and experienced no bugs at all. Pop in and frame rate drops happened but thats expected with almost every game.

I'm not disputing other's problems with the game, but I didn't see it. It has better combat and bigger crowds than Syndicate. I liked Unity better.

Series fatigue created a huge back lash once bugs were discovered and it became cool to hate the game. Buy it for $5! If you are an AC fan you'll love it.

With the series taking a larger break this is a great pickup.  I read most issues were fixed and glad to pick this up and start the game again after giving up at launch after just a few sequences. 

Story was ok, but added literally nothing to the timeline.
That was seriously my biggest complaint with the game. I actually really liked the characters, and Paris was fun enough, but the cliche ending and the fact that NONE OF IT MATTERED kinda killed it.

Gameplay wise, I didn't run into any major bugs, just an underground area that forgot to load walls, which was kinda funny. But man, is Arno a pain in the ass to control. Dude just hops onto things randomly, and completely ignores input commands, like entering windows.

Ultimately, for $5, I got several hours of entertainment out of it, just don't expect it to be amazing.

bread's done
Back