Toys R Us" Green Tag Sale....90% off--->FREE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ballGuy

Banned
Hey just got back from toys r us, and all Green tag items are 0.01 cent and then 90% off which equals free. I picked up Backyard Wrestling, Deus Ex: Invisible War, bunch of PSX games

sorry if it was a repost

employee told me eerything is free and their suppose to throw everything away

I just get back from scoring a computer deal, now back I go to the same plaza. Sounds like it could be an excellent deal, though. It's worth the drive.

[quote name='the_deej']wtf... everything is free?[/QUOTE]

YES everything that was green tagged is FREE, because its marked down to apenny, and their suppose to throw the items away, Im pretty sure their is another Green Tag around the corner

[quote name='8ballGuy']Hey just got back from toys r us, and all Green tag items are 0.01 cent and then 90% off which equals free. I picked up Backyard Wrestling, Deus Ex: Invisible War, bunch of PSX games

sorry if it was a repost

employee told me eerything is free and their suppose to throw everything away[/QUOTE]

I want to see a scan of that receipt?

[quote name='cdeener']I want to see a scan of that receipt?[/QUOTE]
i have receipts of me getting 30-50 games for free from about 6 months ago if you would like to see them ^^

8ballGuy, does this also mean that everything that is green tagged is this price because I know I could get up on some e-reader cards and guides.

Shit, I don't even shop at Toys R Us much but if this is true everywhere I have like six that I could hit up within 20 miles of me but the only problem I have is that I don't have any free time to do this until Saturday. Here's to hoping that at least one of the Toys R Us near me has something decent by Saturday.

It's always awkward walking into toys r us when you're over 13 and you don't have a little kid with you, maybe I can borrow one of my brother's kids and go check this sale out.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']It's always awkward walking into toys r us when you're over 13 and you don't have a little kid with you, maybe I can borrow one of my brother's kids and go check this sale out.[/QUOTE]

Meh, the employees don't want to be there either, so they could care less who walks into the store :lol:

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']does this deal run in texas[/QUOTE]

Yes.

If they're throwing everything out, will it even be worth a trip to go out tomorrow?

fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed

No dice in Modesto, CA. The lady there said they'd been "getting rid" of all green-tagged stuff for the last few days. I don't know how much sold and how much met the trash, but there's nothing left now. Last time I went there for the 90% off, they only had about 2 current-gen games and about 50,000 PSOne cases. I guess I didn't really miss too much.

Yeah, my TRU's were cleaned out after the last sale, so most likely they are again. They did have alot of PS1 games. Maybe it'll be worth a shot. I'll wait to hear more.

You guys shoulda read the TRU clearance thread...it was posted weeks ago that on the 20th stuff would drop. So far on Monday video games and teen tronics stuff dropped. Tuesday was more stuff from those sections and a couple others. Tomorrow Bikes and Juvenile drops(strollers for a penny). So each day they add more to a penny in order to let stores have time to destroy it. Thursday will be just normal price drops then next Monday the green tag drops resume. But I'd hurry if you want something as most stores have already destroyed a lot of the drops and many most likely won't let you buy it for free(although it depends on the cashier, most of whom probably wouldn't care as long as the total isn't $0 at the end).

Don't even bother checking our store. We haven't had any green tag games since March.
Oh... correction.... there's actually still a bunch of copies of NFL 2K3 for XB in the back. If anyone cares lol....

I got kicked out of my TRU last time for playing kickball in the store. I hope they don't remember me!

I doubt my TRU say crap. They stuck all the 90% off stuff in two carts. They most likely stuck them by the dumpster by now. Plus all the 90% off games are long gone.

nuttin at my TRU.

though they do have a bunch of cheapo 3rd party PSX controllers that look like crap. for a penny i might get one just for fun. that is if they still have'em (which I doubt). They probably still have a bunch of e-Reader cards.

[quote name='Scorch']someone out there needs to grab an extra copy of backyard wrestling on xbox for me..[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll have anything (I haven't seen anything for like five months), but I'll check for you Scorch. If they have it, it'll just be shipping.

You must have good luck if you find anything good. All my TRUs have left from the green tags are a bunch of really crappy GBA accessories and some Dreamcast baseball game. Everythings been cleaned out for months now.

What does "Teen Tronics" mean? And are they really selling bikes and strollers for 0.01?!

And do the managers, assuming they don't keep the stuff themselves, really make sure the items are thrown away? Doesn't that mean you could climb in the dumpster and get the stuff?

Also, isn't it illegal to refuse the sale of an item in the store?

The last good green tag thing I found at Toys R Us was a Zeong SD model kit marked down from $12 to .78 cents.

I work at TRU. anyone who is selling the stuff that is supposed to be destroyed is pretty much going to be terminated. So get on this while you still can, since most stores have gotten word to get rid of all green tag items.

[quote name='karmapolice']If anyone in Nashville has any luck LMK![/QUOTE]

I went to the Antioch store a few weeks ago.. only thing I saw were a bunch of Primal's and a ton of Dreamcast sports 3 packs.. went back this past weekend and didn't see any of it, but then again I didn't look too hard..

asianxcore --
Do they get dumpstered intact, or physically destroyed? Did you guys have anything left? (Haven't been in in a while)

Well 3 weeks ago at the Tallahassee TRU, there was......a PS2 Codebook. That's the only thing I noticed becayse it still had a green tag on it.

[quote name='suko_32']Well 3 weeks ago at the Tallahassee TRU, there was......a PS2 Codebook. That's the only thing I noticed becayse it still had a green tag on it.[/QUOTE]
There's also some PS1 games and, if I'm not mistaken, the PS1 Screens are green tagged.

I must go first thing in the morning. Which means I'll probably be up all night. o_O

[quote name='iheartmetal']well i guess i better set my alarm

does tru have a standard open time?[/QUOTE]

10 o clock bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back